Big Trouble in Little Arkansas

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  161
  • Days Won:  0

okay..okay guys..lets get BACK TO THE FUTURE...CSH says recruiting is Job #1. Let's see who he comes up with.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BasketBull.

I've read the stuff and I've listened to the reply from Coach Heath.

My only comment is this:

Why would an official university web site put stuff like that up unless there was a purpose to the madness?  Perhaps they are saying, "This is why we don't have a coach; it's not our fault."

Sad.

• Content Count:  12

If I were you guys I wouldn't worry too much about this, the drug tests were given after Coach Heath had already left up until then no one had failed a drug test in the five years he had been there.  I think this release had more to do with Altman leaving and going back to Creighton then Stan, there had been some "back room" talk that this was the real reason why he left.  I think the University had no choice but to issue a statement because it was being said that 6 players were academically ineligible and that two had failed drug tests.  Majority of the fans know that Stan ran a good clean program of course you are always going to have one or two that think otherwise.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

okay..okay guys..lets get BACK TO THE FUTURE...CSH says recruiting is Job #1. Let's see who he comes up with.

Hopefully he can recruit "The Strongest Man in the World" to beef up our inside...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Arkansas clearly needs Brett McMurphy to sort these things out, Martin Fennelly to crack jokes about the university and its president, and Joe Henderson to point out how "marijauna isn't the cool drug, but then Arkansas has never been cool."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

With the news breaking Wednesday out of Fayetteville, Ark., that two Arkansas players tested positive for marijuana - the day after Stan Heath was fired - and another player has been ruled academically ineligible, Heath discussed several issues concerning the Arkansas program with KNWA-TV.

Heath discussed several topics during an extensive interview with KNWA-TV, including rumors of drug use among players, ineligible players and accusations of players receiving improper benefits. There are no formal allegations against Heath, but Heath volunteered to do the interview with the Arkansas television station to clear the air as it appears some [highlight]Razorback fans are trying to blame Heath for the program’s current problems which - I repeat and stress - from all indications occurred AFTER Heath was fired March 26.[/highlight]

“Under my tenure, since being the head coach there has been no player – no player – that has received anything outside the NCAA rules,†Heath told KNWA-TV. “Whether once I left, I don’t know, I don’t think that would be the case.

“I don’t run programs like that. Anyone saying those things are flat out lying. Stan Heath runs a clean ship.â€Â

That's strictly a technicality. The tests and the suspension for academics occured AFTER he left but you don't get academically ineligible in just two days. The grass?... meh. It's part of campus life. The academics is a different story. That can be used as a recruitong tool against you, plus it involves the loss of bodies and we certainly don't need any more of that crap.

• Content Count:  10,219

worth keeping an eye on?

• Content Count:  928

This thread makes me want to donate money to support retarted children

• Content Count:  8

With the news breaking Wednesday out of Fayetteville, Ark., that two Arkansas players tested positive for marijuana - the day after Stan Heath was fired - and another player has been ruled academically ineligible, Heath discussed several issues concerning the Arkansas program with KNWA-TV.

Heath discussed several topics during an extensive interview with KNWA-TV, including rumors of drug use among players, ineligible players and accusations of players receiving improper benefits. There are no formal allegations against Heath, but Heath volunteered to do the interview with the Arkansas television station to clear the air as it appears some [highlight]Razorback fans are trying to blame Heath for the program’s current problems which - I repeat and stress - from all indications occurred AFTER Heath was fired March 26.[/highlight]

“Under my tenure, since being the head coach there has been no player – no player – that has received anything outside the NCAA rules,†Heath told KNWA-TV. “Whether once I left, I don’t know, I don’t think that would be the case.

“I don’t run programs like that. Anyone saying those things are flat out lying. Stan Heath runs a clean ship.â€Â

That's strictly a technicality. The tests and the suspension for academics occured AFTER he left but you don't get academically ineligible in just two days. The grass?... meh. It's part of campus life. The academics is a different story. That can be used as a recruitong tool against you, plus it involves the loss of bodies and we certainly don't need any more of that crap.

We don't all blame Heath for the mess we're in.

Drugs happen...part of college.  They will likely be disciplined and on the court in the fall.  I think that's what happened when a player tested positive in Coach Heath's first season.

Ineligibility happens.  Whoever it is will probably go to summer school and be ready to play next season.  

Altman says he left because he really loves Creighton.  IF he actually left because of the player issues then he has less character than I thought he did.  At least Coach Heath welcomes a challenge.  Dana Altman ran back home to Nebraska.

Sadly, the Univeristy seems to be making a scapegoat out of Coach Heath.  I wouldn't make too much out of it if I were a USF fan.  You got a really good coach.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe it's a pre-emptive strike to keep control of the program, considering that Mitch Mustain's mother apparently runs their football team.

Archived