Another article in the Oracle

Open season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The fact is you shouldn't be thrashing our OWN simply because they were a SHIRT. Come on guys. I know her personally and she's a USF fan! Do we have UF supporters on campus? FSU? UM? Sure. It's the nature of the beast. Why do we have to wish her to get hit by a bus? I don't know who said it but it's not right!

She went to the women's NIT game during Spring Break AGAINST UF... guess who she cheered for? USF! But, many of you don't care who you insult. I dislike UF just as much as anyone (and Tiberia knows it more than anyone) but that doesn't mean you can just hurt some like that.

The point of the article is to shut up and support ALL USF sports, not just football, and not worry about who is wearing what.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

The fact is you shouldn't be thrashing our OWN simply because they were a SHIRT. Come on guys. I know her personally and she's a USF fan! Do we have UF supporters on campus? FSU? UM? Sure. It's the nature of the beast. Why do we have to wish her to get hit by a bus? I don't know who said it but it's not right!

She went to the women's NIT game during Spring Break AGAINST UF... guess who she cheered for? USF! But, many of you don't care who you insult. I dislike UF just as much as anyone (and Tiberia knows it more than anyone) but that doesn't mean you can just hurt some like that.

The point of the article is to shut up and support ALL USF sports, not just football, and not worry about who is wearing what.

Indeed.  I'm sure you and others encourage her to support USF as well.  I think instead of bashing people we should encourage them to support USF more.  I used to wear FSU stuff on campus because when I went to UF I often did the same thing.  It was my team.  I've been converted now, though, and I don't anymore.  However, no good comes from bashing people for wearing the shirt.  Friendly banter, sure, but anger doesn't help.

I try to talk to people at work about USF but most of them are UF fans.  I tell them about Mike Ford and they don't care or don't believe me.  When USF starts getting more national attention it will be impossible to ignore.  Most people on this board know more about our potential than ESPN analysts and other professionals that have to be up-to-date about so many teams around the country.  Think how many colleges there are...it would be pretty hard to keep track of them all, although I think a lot of writer's that get opinions on ESPN don't know enough about sports in general to be arguing about it, but that's another topic.  Anyway, stronger loyalty will come with time, just chill out and be positive.

Edit:  I am upset as well that so many people wore UF gear this week.  UF doing so stupidly well only delays our ascension to a total Bulls campus.  Still, bashing people for it isn't going to convince them, especially when many people are still USF fans.  Some people support multiple teams, it's not uncommon at all.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Not only are most of my clothes of USF, I have not dawned another college's logo in 4 years.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

blah blah blah

let us know when the oracle publishes something of value

Archived