Another article in the Oracle

Open season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

the thing is the people who posted complaints are the people sporting USF gear. I mean personally if I look at all the shirts I own about 50-60% have the USF logo on them.

i was speaking more about the attendance issue the author addressed......

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

well I feel I am at my share of games..... although sadly I have only made it out to 2 baseball games.

I missed one home football game in 4 years. Make it out to almost every men's basketball game however I did miss 4 this year. Dont care for WBB. Have been to a few soccer games.

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

This article is clearly barking up the wrong tree about attendance issues.  I'd be willing to bet that the people that were pissed about the initial article support the school and go to their fair share of games.  Yet another fluff piece from the Oracle if you asked me.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

heres my only problem with this article.....

you go to ANY other school out there that does NOT have an on-campus identity problem, with students consistantly wearing other schools shirts,

and you will still see the majority of them only show up for football games.  if we had a decent basketball program the stands would be full.

saying you cant complain about someone wearing a gators shirt because you didnt go to the men's water polo match is childish.  

i wish more students would go to all sporting events (come on, its on campus and its free.  what else are you going to do?  study?  you can't work EVERY night.)

but the same ones that wear the gators gear are the same ones who only go to the football games.

• Content Count:  808

I don't really understand the point of this article.  The same people that she is trying to defend (people that walk around with Gator, etc, shirts on) are part of the reason that we don't have such rabid school spirit.  The reason that we are pissed that this chick is wearing Gator gear is that when people do this, it reduces overall USF spirit and fan support.

I'm with you. I simply don't understand what the core argument is here.

To the best of my analytic ability, here is what she is saying:

People who responded to the "Gator shirt" post = People who only support football

People who support only football = "traitors"

I see this article as nothing more than a "revenge" attempt for the sake of Allison Tiberia.  Indeed, she may have a point that USF events suffer from low attendance, but she is targeting the the "hard core" USF fanbase?  It's so obvious that she is simply lashing out in an attempt to hit a nerve with the people who attacked her friend.  

Poor journalism at its best.

• Content Count:  12,293

we are talking about the Oracle here.....

::)

• Content Count:  1,981

bad article. nothing good about it.

• Content Count:  808

we are talking about the Oracle here.....

::)

touche

• Content Count:  12

I don't really understand the point of this article.  The same people that she is trying to defend (people that walk around with Gator, etc, shirts on) are part of the reason that we don't have such rabid school spirit.  The reason that we are pissed that this chick is wearing Gator gear is that when people do this, it reduces overall USF spirit and fan support.

I'm with you. I simply don't understand what the core argument is here.

To the best of my analytic ability, here is what she is saying:

People who responded to the "Gator shirt" post = People who only support football

People who support only football = "traitors"

I see this article as nothing more than a "revenge" attempt for the sake of Allison Tiberia.  Indeed, she may have a point that USF events suffer from low attendance, but she is targeting the the "hard core" USF fanbase?  It's so obvious that she is simply lashing out in an attempt to hit a nerve with the people who attacked her friend.  

Didn't feel like I was reading an artcle.  It was a high school girl defending her friend.

• Content Count:  2,307

She makes it sound like there's only 100 people at the games...

I hate stupid people that don't know what they're talking about.

You know, I once wanted to write for the Oracle.  Then I saw how bad of a paper they were and decided that they probably wouldn't publish any of my articles since they'd support USF and not bash it.

Archived