Your thoughts on our bball roster

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Hell no Aris can't go... He is our ONLY insurance policy (aka depth in the bigs).

We need MORE players Aris's size or bigger, not less.

Anyone who is bashing someone coming off 2 acl tears, one just before the first game of the same season that he played is totally clueless.

He showed that he has phenomenal vision and leadership... but was a step slow, and understandably so.  He lead the f'n big east in assists!!!  hello?  as a freshman... and you say he isn't good?  

He is only going to get better and he WILL be our starting pg next year.  If Beverley comes over, he'll be a SG in 2008.  If Bush comes, he'll be a SG or SF.

And Ari, we do have a slashing combo scorer on our roster than is unlike any player we had last season... actually 2 of them.

Aaron Holmes and Dante Curry are both the real deal.  Holmes more so than Curry, but both are slashers that have tremendous range.

Get your tickets now... i want you to have as low of tickets as possible so you can see these guys in action so I can say I told you so on Holmes, Curry, Howard, and Verdejo.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest r_to_the_izzo

I'l be perfectly honest, Aris was softer than melted ice cream. Hopefully Stan the Man can bring in a big man to give KG a breather, to keep Aris on the bench as much as possible.

• Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

re: Aris, i like him. More than soft, he seemed clueless, but i think he has the right attitude, size and skills to improve dramatically. He reminds me of Leather in his sophomore season, and Solly Jones in his junior season. Neither looked like much then, but they were on the verge of becoming very good college basketball players. Of course, I personally think Mac was good at developing big men. And Aris is a BIG man.

I agree with those who say we need guards who can shoot better. we've rarely ever had great offensive shooting guards. Hopefully Holmes and Curry will be great.

Zaronn Cann is my candidate for "most likely to leave the program." although he's got some neat skills and he's a great passer, his defense and his body language are not inspirational. Maybe Zeus too, Mac didn't seem to like him, and he missed a lot of shots for a SG. Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

section D row 12

• Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

re Howard, he had some great moments, but also some terrible turnovers like at the end of the Marquette game. and we didnt handle the fullcourt press very well at all at the end of the year. But that's certainly not all his fault, and consistent inability to deal with the fullcourt press was one of the main reasons I was not so sorry to see Mac go.

But he's just a freshman, and he did lead the conference in assists. and he certainly deserves to start next year if Coach Heath wants to start him.

Guest BasketBull.

I don't think anyone will leave. My feeling is that if they can put up with a coach who yelled at them for every little thing, I think they will like Coach Heath.

I don't know why, but I think Cann is going to surprise a lot of people now that he's healed. As for Verdejo, I think he going to rebound --how can a guy with his skills for putting up numbers just disappear like that? I think it had to do with the coaching that he received. He looked so lost out there last year.

Q: Can Bozeman play PG? I think he's much better as a SG.

I don't know, it seemed like the last coach forced his style of basketball on the guys whose games are not used to that system. Maybe with a new system, they will find ways to shine.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Bozeman can play the point... but I agree, i like him better at the 2.  Howard is a much more instinctual PG.

I don't think Cann will leave, just a gut feeling.  Hopefully he can drop a few pounds over this off season, because he is probably the most highly touted player we have on our roster.  He WAS at one point, one of the absolute best high school players in the nation, and he was only a sophmore at that point.  He knows how to play the game, but those knee injuries really took him out of shape.  If he dedicates himself to getting back in shape, he could be the biggest improvement to the team (other than Heath) for next season.

Archived