While we have all the Arkansas fans here.......

AndytheBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Hog fans, Is there any talk that Broyles is about 5 years late in stepping down from what may be the last NCAA football coach/AD kingdom?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12

Very much so. You have about half saying its way past time and others saying he should stay till he is good and ready to retire.

• Content Count:  7

Very much so. You have about half saying its way past time and others saying he should stay till he is good and ready to retire.

Most people whether they admit it or not think Broyles should have retired at least five years ago.

Some even speculate the fiasco over the BB coach hiring process was due to Broyles thinking he could waltz in with a low bid offer for a big name coach and then run off to Augusta for the Masters this week.  Didn't happen.  Broyles thinks more highly of the program than it perhaps is at this stage.

I hope the fan base will get behind this coach and support him - at least long enough to make a realistic judgement call on his ability to coach and recruit.

• Content Count:  2

Curious, how do most Hogs feel about Nolan Richardson now? Is his legacy at Arkansas tainted with the last few years? Did the fans really want him out when he was fired?

I've always been a Hogs fan since we played you guys in football (more like we "showed up" for it  ::) ). Arkansas fans are really a classy bunch.

I was very sad when Nolan left, but it had to be done.  After he won the National Championship he just sort of coasted and lost all of his fire.  He had nothing to prove anymore almost.  The cupboard was really bare when he left.

Nonetheless, he gave us a lot of fun times and was a real character.  I don't begrudge him his wild out-spoken nature.  Thats just who he is.  

Amongst the fans I would say his legacy is not tainted.  Just regret at what could have been.

• Content Count:  29

Curious, how do most Hogs feel about Nolan Richardson now? Is his legacy at Arkansas tainted with the last few years? Did the fans really want him out when he was fired?

I've always been a Hogs fan since we played you guys in football (more like we "showed up" for it  ::) ). Arkansas fans are really a classy bunch.

I was very sad when Nolan left, but it had to be done.  After he won the National Championship he just sort of coasted and lost all of his fire.  He had nothing to prove anymore almost.  The cupboard was really bare when he left.

Nonetheless, he gave us a lot of fun times and was a real character.  I don't begrudge him his wild out-spoken nature.  Thats just who he is.  

Amongst the fans I would say his legacy is not tainted.  Just regret at what could have been.

I wasn't sad at all when he left.   He could have gone out the right way, and probably had the court named after him.  Instead, he decided to say after a game (and on camera)  "if they pay me my money, they can have this job tomorrow."   Well, we took him up on it and then he sued us.

Archived