One-on-one, who's the best USF bball player ever?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Is it a make it, take it tourney?  if it is, the post up guy will destroy the smaller guy.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markeymark

• bullballer

• Brad

• Velcro

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

True, a smaller player (say 6-4 or less) would have to have mad skills to defend a 6-8 or 6-9 guy.

Guest S.  Bien

Charlie Bradley was the full package.  He was never fully appreciated, and never had a three point line to measure his outside shooting, but he would just sit back and shoot over Chucky, and drive by Dobras.  The other guys never had the ball handling skills to contend.  Sure Alexander, Shahid, and Harper could muscle, grab a rebound, and dunk but put them on the perimeter with the ball and tell them to get to the hoop and they would be lost.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Who would Charlie stop with his defense?  The NBA guys loved Charlie's potential offensively, but he was never someone who defensively struck fear into his opponent.  Charlie would be the one Bull who could possibly win a one-on-one tourny on offense alone.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126

P.S.  Charlie did have a 3 pt line during his soph year when he led the nation in scoring for 11 consecutive weeks!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

alexander

Guest S.  Bien

If Charlie Bradley played in today's day and age of overhyped recruiting, and over-publicized summer camps he'd be the equivalent of a top 25 recruit, a five star guy possibly.  In today's day and age the NBA doesn't give a hoot about defense, they're just looking for guys to put the **** ball in the hoop (man remember the days of the Lakers v. Celtics finals when we watched barnburners that ended like 120-116).  Geez, they score more in a Final Four Game now then in an NBA Final!

Charlie Bradley was Altron Jackson with a conscience, and a left hand.  He could dribble better than Altron, and had a much smoother jumper.  

The only other Bull that could come close to CB, and who would have given him a game one-on-one is Tony Grier.  The rest is moot, those two are worlds better than anyone else that ever played for the Bulls.  Arguments can be made that Dobras was an incredible combo guard, and Chucky was the best PG, but the two best players to ever slip on a Bull's jersey are Grier, and CB- CB wins with height in their 1-1 game.

I always thought that maybe Tron and BB could be as talented, but they never took their games to the next level like Grier and CB did.  Tron, and BB's game looked no different from their sophomore years to their senior years.  If you slipped in video of either year you couldn't tell when the game was played in their careers except for the different teammates.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

On a good healthy day, Reggie Kohn would compete with CB, Tron, Chucky and Dobras.  He could chuck the rock from 25',  How do you defend that?  Hey older guys...no Kurtis Kitchen nominees?

Guest S. Bien
On a good healthy day, Reggie Kohn would compete with CB, Tron, Chucky and Dobras.  He could chuck the rock from 25',  How do you defend that?  Hey older guys...no Kurtis Kitchen nominees?

You're kidding right?  I love Reggie, but lets not place him in an area that he's not capable of playing.  CB was 6-6, and if up tight with Reggie those shots would have been back at the other end of the court.  Reggie was a great player but one-on-one, creating his own shot was not his forte.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

You're kidding right?  I love Reggie, but lets not place him in an area that he's not capable of playing.  CB was 6-6, and if up tight with Reggie those shots would have been back at the other end of the court.  Reggie was a great player but one-on-one, creating his own shot was not his forte.

Semi-serious but you just explained on the other "one on one" topic how a 6' guy can beat a 6'6" guy 1 on 1 so why is it so far fetched?  With a bigger, slower guy playing tight on Reggie at the top of the key to stop his long ball might be a competitive game.  I would also expect a tad more quickness from Reggie with truly healthy legs.  Reggie would definitely would have trouble vs CB, Chucky & Dobras but I think he could compete better than the mentioned big men.  What would be interesting is a 2 on 2 tourney of the best 4-5 Bull guards and paired up with comparable big men.  I think I'd pay a $5-$8 to watch those games.