Gillen... Peace out DW

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Is no longer considering the job...

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBDGODHXZE.html

Stan will be the man... I hope, I really do.

• Content Count:  477

what a bunch of total bull...

its a bad job..

and winthrop is a great job.?

laughable.

I lived in tallahasse it isn't like FSU's basektball facilities are terrific.  They play in the Leon County Civic center and have a gym built of it that is called a "practice facility."

All this stuff is just a bunch of junk.

Charter?  give me a break.

• Content Count:  10,219

the man who turns this around will be considered great.

but...this program is not that far away from being competetive in the big east.

add a point guard and we would have won 5 more none conf games and 3 more BE games.  we would be over 500 and have 6 wins in the BE that is not too shabby.

this feels like when all the "pundits" said the BE football was dead...look at us now.

DW take your time, find the right coach and we will be fine.

these "weak kneed" serve it up on a platter for me candidates can all go hang, IMO.

• Content Count:  477

I agree.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Instead of reporting that DW and Heath had another meeting Brett has to write that crap? Not surprising in the least.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Oh, deary me!!  Pete Gillen doesn't want to be our coach???   :'(

What ever shall we do??  How can we live without him???  We might as well pack it in and give up now!!!!!

:cry2

(give me a break.  that guy is a has been who never really "was.")  :loser

• Content Count:  318

I'll thow an amen your way on that Mid Atlantic.  Gillen couldn't cut it in the ACC at UVA, what makes anybody think he's going to cut it in the Big East???

At this point the only re-tread I'd take is Heath, he's won in a major conference and built a good tem in a minor conference (Kent State).  It he says no, find an assistant at a major program who wants a head job and go for it.  I hate seeing these reptreads like Lappas, Gillen & O'Neil being taken seriously.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I'll thow an amen your way on that Mid Atlantic.  Gillen couldn't cut it in the ACC at UVA, what makes anybody think he's going to cut it in the Big East???

At this point the only re-tread I'd take is Heath, he's won in a major conference and built a good tem in a minor conference (Kent State).  It he says no, find an assistant at a major program who wants a head job and go for it.  I hate seeing these reptreads like Lappas, Gillen & O'Neil being taken seriously.

Indeed.

Seems us Bulls residing here in the Commonwealth of Virginia have this thing all figured out.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Plus, I heard Gillen doing some radio broadcasts during the tournament, and oh my goodness is he annoying!

I don't think most of us could stomach listening to that voice past the initial press conference.

Trust us....Gillen "bowing out" is one of the best things to happen in the coach search thus far.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Gillen bowing out is probably a sign hat Woolard didn't show serious interest in him in the first place after the interview.  It's all about saving face.  If he was one of the first guys interviewed and he was such a dynamite candidate after the interview, don't you think Woolard would have made the hire already?

When the interview process is conducted in a somwhat public forum and as a candidate you put your name out there, you don't want to be perceived as being rejected.  It's better to look like you are withdrawing your nam from consideration.

I could usually care less about what brett mcMurphy writes, but I find it somewwhat obnoxious lately that he has not written a positive article about USF.  Geez, how about a nice article about the great job that Prado has been doing with the baseball team at least.  Then he's going to complain when he doesn't get access to the practices again in the fall.  I'm not saying that the articles need to be all fluff stuff, but it's certainly becoming obnoxious that even the good things are peppered with negative comments and certainly a negative slant to them.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

To be fair, Brett did have a positive article about USF baseball and Coach Prado in last Thursday edition of the Tribune. Brett does give many positive articles about the USF sports that get a lot of attention like soccer, softball, womens basketball. It is just mens basketball is getting slammed right now because Doug Woolard is not giving him enough info to use. Doug has made it clear that he is not going to comment about the coaching search which is the best way to handle it in my opinion. No ways does Doug want to tip his hand because it will only give the coach more leverage in the negotiations. I believe the only serious candidate  before Heath came available thus far has been Marshall. Gillen, Fran, Pelphrey, Moore, and etc were never really serious candidates in my opinion. So, all this non-sense from the media about every coach that has turned USF down has just been hogwash.

Archived