NOW I AM MAD..... THE ORACLE IS A RAG

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

As somebody on this board who actually KNOWS the writer of the piece (nor am I the only one on the board who does). I have to say most of you are wrong. She attends BIG games because for the most part she is working during the basketball/football games. She is not a bandwagon fan by any means.

Her article actually explains plenty! She says she supports USF, but that she still supports UF because she grew up cheering with her father for UF. This is a problem? There are plenty on this board that support more than one team. And who said she was opening rooting against USF? Nowhere in her article or by her wearing a UF shirt does that mean she is cheering against USF. Her article clearly states that she would cheer for USF over UF.

I realize not everyone knows her and that is clearly reflected in your ridiculous comments about her, but you should know that even though she has love for UF, she still choose to come here to USF when she could just as easily gone to UF. That's a good thing.

Well, unfortunately not everyone has the benefit of knowing her or her intentions, so the only thing we have to go by is how the article read as she wrote it. By the reaction on this board, and also in the comments on the Oracle, we weren't off base at all.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFan

• Brad

• DawgPound

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

A Bull wearing a Gators shirt is still a Bull

By: Allison Tiberia, Assoc. Editor

Issue date: 3/30/07 Section: Opinion

PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 2 next >

I attend USF football games when I can. I've made it to a few of the basketball games in my time here, but I'm usually working when the Bulls are playing at the Sun Dome. http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2007/03/30/Opinion/A.Bull.Wearing.A.Gators.Shirt.Is.Still.A.Bull-2814308.shtml

Question I would ask is....does she ever go to the gym and "workout" when the Gators are playing?

Probably not.

Uh, she said "working", not "working out" .... thanks for reinforcing the stereotypical Kanigit image.  ;)

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

I grew up in a family where my both of my parents went to FSU so I've seen every FSU game since I can remember and been to a number of them, even FSU/Miami.  I used to even go to their baseball games and have even been in their HALL OF FAME room when I played baseball in HS, have met Bobby Bowden, Coach Martin etc.

But the second I went to USF, I dropped everything FSU and never bought another item from that University.  I cheered them my whole life, but so what?  That's not where I chose to go to college!  Would've and still would be much easier to be a FSU fan.  Go on another message board as a FSU fan and see how you are treated vs. going on there and talking smack as a USF fan.  

But I don't!  I'm not a sell out.  I'm a FAN.  A fan supports ONE TEAM.  Someone LOYAL, supports ONE CAUSE.  A house divided can't stand.  I don't care how sweet she is; she embodies the problem at USF which is holding back this University.

Before you try and challenge my record, I saw EVERY football game while at USF including our opening bludgeoning of Western Kentucky 80-3.  I sat through more beatings in the Sun Dome than anyone should ever have to.

Not once, not once did I ever in my time at USF ever think of wearing any FSU gear on campus!  This would be like me wearing another fraternities rush shirt!  Who in their right mind does that?

Sorry, that's not loyalty.  I'm sure when recruits are visiting our school walking around and seeing people like her walk around freely in UF, FSU and UM gear sure helps us land that 4 or 5 star guy!  

Would you want to play in front of a school that this crap is happening at?  People pick up on this stuff and it's not how you BUILD a program into a SUPER POWER.  

To be a SUPER POWER, you have to act like one before you can ever be one and you don't see this crap at major D1 universities.  They don't put up with this garbage and they darn sure wouldn't have them as an editor on the school paper!  

You're not a kid anymore UF chick; it's ok to let go and grow up.  You go to USF, NOT UF.  Wearing their gear on our campus only makes you look like a moron.

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I'd say most people on this board have multiple schools they pull for.  That being said, USF should be number 1.  Wearing another teams tee shirt from time to time isn't that big of a deal to me.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Wait 'til you have kids.  Mine are so brainwashed now that if there is a chance they don't go to USF, wherever they wind up they'll be just like her.  They are Green and Gold throughout, but should they land at another college, they'll have tons of USF gear.  

When they suggest dropping their USF gear for <insert college here> I'll say no way...never let go of your roots.  YOU ARE A BULL!  Now hurry up and graduate and let's get to a Bulls game.

;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I'd say most people on this board have multiple schools they pull for.  That being said, USF should be number 1.  Wearing another teams tee shirt from time to time isn't that big of a deal to me.

Careful, Joe, you're going to stir them up again ....

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Wait 'til you have kids.  Mine are so brainwashed now that if there is a chance they don't go to USF, wherever they wind up they'll be just like her.  They are Green and Gold throughout, but should they land at another college, they'll have tons of USF gear.  

When they suggest dropping their USF gear for <insert college here> I'll say no way...never let go of your roots.  YOU ARE A BULL!  Now hurry up and graduate and let's get to a Bulls game.

;D

Give me a break.  I have kids, two of them.  I'll raise them as Bulls which will not be an easy thing living here in the heart of Alabama country.  But the moment they go to college; I'll expect them to become whatever they choose.  Hopefully, I'll raise them to be strong enough individuals that they can be secure in supporting the school they choose 100%.    

I'll be proud they have become their own person.  Doesn't mean we won't be enemies on game day, but once the game is over; we'll laugh about it and talk about the next hunting/fishing trip!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

;D

same here my daughter sleeps with her rocky doll every night and @ 8 months starts to clap when I put up the bull sign

GO BULLS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

;D

same here my daughter sleeps with her rocky doll every night and @ 8 months starts to clap when I put up the bull sign

GO BULLS

Bravo!  We need second and third generation Bulls much like the generations old ingrained Gator fans.  Do not raise an independent thinker...

Brainwashing is goooood...

;)

(Please note smiley again)

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I've got my 3 yeard old nephew giving the Bull Horns and saying "GO BULLS!"

I love my Bulls!