NOW I AM MAD..... THE ORACLE IS A RAG

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Glad to see so much pride exhibited here.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFan

• Brad

• DawgPound

• flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

she has a write to say it, but Tom King has a right to call her out for wearing that crap. I still own UM stuff but would never wear it on campus, I think the last time I wore any UM gear was to the Miami FSU game.

Didn't you at one time post a pic of you in your dorm room with UM crap all around?  8-)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

As somebody on this board who actually KNOWS the writer of the piece (nor am I the only one on the board who does). I have to say most of you are wrong. She attends BIG games because for the most part she is working during the basketball/football games. She is not a bandwagon fan by any means.

Her article actually explains plenty! She says she supports USF, but that she still supports UF because she grew up cheering with her father for UF. This is a problem? There are plenty on this board that support more than one team. And who said she was opening rooting against USF? Nowhere in her article or by her wearing a UF shirt does that mean she is cheering against USF. Her article clearly states that she would cheer for USF over UF.

I realize not everyone knows her and that is clearly reflected in your ridiculous comments about her, but you should know that even though she has love for UF, she still choose to come here to USF when she could just as easily gone to UF. That's a good thing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

she has a write to say it, but Tom King has a right to call her out for wearing that crap. I still own UM stuff but would never wear it on campus, I think the last time I wore any UM gear was to the Miami FSU game.

Didn't you at one time post a pic of you in your dorm room with UM crap all around?  8-)

NOPE i NEVER LIVED IN A DORM....... It might have been my room back home.... that stuff is gone now

Your credibility is gone...don't pretend to be looking out for what's best for USF.  You may want to win now, but the ends do not justify the means.  

It would be like somebody coming across that girl and throwing a bucket of Bull dung on her - wrong approach.  

You can have school pride without insulting your school.  What she is doing has no intent to harm her school.  She does not mean to embarass.  Her intentions are clearly not ill-spirited towards any person or persons at USF - let her be.  No need to berate her.

Funny that nobody has bothered to bring up this line by her:

And when the day comes that the Bulls face off against the Gators in a football game (at the time, I believe it is set for 2010) - if I'm not working - I'll proudly be there in my Bulls shirt, because it's the school I attended.

THAT's what really matters when it comes down to it. Hell, she says attended hoops games. I'd venture to bet that some ******** about her can't even say that.

This is a Gator, Seminole, and Hurricane state and until we have genrations go through being Bulls, our fanbase will be made up of hybrids like this.

Randy, glad to see you found something else to whine about now that Mac's gone.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Brad I dont know why you have a personal vendetta agains flsportsfan, but your kinda way off here. What this girl, and other students are doing is not a good thing for the school. [highlight]She is a bandwagon fan, and that will only hinder our growth.[/highlight]

Bandwagon fans are going to be the lifeblood of our fanbase for a while ... if not forever. This IS Tampa!

This girl is a student who is openly rooting against South Florida.

Did you even read the article??

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Eric Sachse

posted 3/30/07 @ 7:36 AM EST

Bull-shirt!

Any Bull wearing shirts, hats, shorts, bandannas, etc of other schools are traitors.

Supporting other school's athletics gives the impression that you are just at USF for a piece of paper (your degree) and not there for the full university experience.

B.S. Management Information Systems - 1993

M.S. Management Information Systems - 1999

Post a reply to this comment Bulls fan

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:27 AM EST

obviously it does bother you because you decided to write this article. if it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have listed the comptroller's name, but i think you're trying to "shun" him too. he wasn't pointing a finger directly at you and calling you names....all he was trying to do is get people to stop thinking of usf as their "secondary" school to root for - to put it first because USF is where you go to school - not where mommy and daddy did, not where your second cousin is 3rd string on the lacrosse team, etc. if you wanted to go to uf (or any other school) and couldn't get in, then stop rooting for them because they obviously didn't want you. if you didn't apply there, then why support them and their athletic programs? and if you did apply there, were accepted, and chose not to go....transfer there so we don't have to deal with people like you here at usf. i'd like to see the day when usf has a football program like uf currently does and uf is merely mediocre....how often would you wear your uf shirt then?

SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL, NOT SOMEBODY ELSE'S.....GO BULLS!

Post a reply to this comment Randy Holm

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:27 AM EST

I grew up a huge Miami fan, truth is I did not know much about USF athletics before I decided to attend this university. Do I still own UM shirts? Yes. I wear them a few times a year i would guess, however I would NEVER wear gear from another University while I am on campus. This is very disrespectful. This university is very close to getting to the level of UF in athletics. As I USF student i take offence to your remark that Florida is not in major competition with USF in football or basketball. I think that Tom King was correct when he called you out. Maybe one day you can become your own person and not wear shirts that would make your daddy happy.

Post a reply to this comment johnny

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:40 AM EST

so, whenever people on campus see you wearing your uf shirt, are you going to ask them to read your two-page explanation? it is fine to wear those shirts off-campus, but i believe it is disrespectful to advertise for a university while attending another one.

Post a reply to this comment G.J.

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:44 AM EST

If you love the Gayturds so much then transfer

Post a reply to this comment Matt McDonough

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:46 AM EST

While I understand the point you're trying to make, your argument fails to address the larger issue facing our blossoming athletic program.

You attend the University of South Florida. You are a BULL. Regardless of where your family attended college, what sports you watched as a child, or what contests are being televised on ESPN this weekend, the University of South Florida is providing you with the foundation for success that you will undoubtedly build upon throughout the rest of your life..

If your desire is to show appreciation for your father for rearing you and, one might assume, financing your education, there are plenty of other ways to show that appreciation that don't involve the support of USF's direct competitors in academic prestige, research dollars, and athletics. Yes, our schools compete on the recruiting trail, if not directly on the field of play yet.

As a child, I grew up watching the Boston College Eagles and had loyalty to that school... until the day I first set foot on the campus on Fowler Avenue. At that moment, I became a Bull... not out of necessity, mind you, but out of love and respect for the establishment that I chose to prepare me for life in the "real world" that was rapidly approaching.

For both of us, USF has provided and will provide the opportunities we require to succeed and excel personally and professionally. Thomas King is correct and justified in his efforts to try convert part-time Bulls supporters, those who cheer out of convenience rather than commitment, to full-time fans. Our school needs fans that hold their University close to their heart out of love, not obligation.

I look forward to the day when we no longer have contend with these misguided loyalties, when every graduate of our fine University reaches for the Green and Gold shirts and hats, with nary a speck of Orange/Blue, Garnet/Gold, or Orange/Green in sight.

Yours in Bull Pride,

Matt McDonough

Post a reply to this comment Jim Johnson

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:54 AM EST

Ms. Tiberia:

This issue is not a single student, (you, Ms. Hudson, Mr. Marcholetti, Mr. Cool, etc), the issue is the image presented when a significant number of students have such a low image of their own university that they feel allegiance to another school.

When I first attended USF, the ratio of USF apparel to non-USF apparel was about 1:1. It has improved, because more USF options are available and because more USF students are proud to attend USF. However, the prominence of Florida and Florida State apparel continues to be a point of concern.

You are wrong that USF is not competing with Florida. Quite the opposite. How many student-athletes opt to attend Florida rather than USF? How may students apply to UF instead of USF? The Gators and Bulls may not face off on the gridiron, but they are competing every day in ways too numerous to list.

It takes articles like those by Mr. King to raise awareness to efforts to improve USF's collective self-confidence. To raise the level of collective pride we all have as students, faculty, alumni, and fans in the University of South Florida.

Finally, remember the USF fight song: USF Bulls are we... For Green and Gold we stand united... For USF we'll always be... Go Bulls Go!!!

Post a reply to this comment tony go

posted 3/30/07 @ 10:56 AM EST

I am an imposter.

in short YES

would you be wearing that UF shirt if they were having the kind of basketball season we had or they had a losing football season you. As a USF allumni and a former FSU fan do to parents influence I believe that you should only follow your own school and leave the other schools to their students, allumni or pretenders.

Post a reply to this comment John Toro

posted 3/30/07 @ 11:37 AM EST

You can't compare a USC student wearing a VT shirt with a USF student wearing a UF one. Why? Because the Gamecocks are not encountering the same problems that USF is having within the community. USC already has a huge following, and USF doesn't because people are still rooting for UF,UM, and FSU in Tampa. We are in direct competition with them off the field. When somebody buys a UF/FSU/UM shirt over a USF shirt we lose. When a local restaurant has nothing but Gator memorabilia we are losing. And by you wearing that shirt you are telling your community that even USF students embrace the out of town teams. This is your school now be proud of it,show it off and do your best to get the community behind it.

Post a reply to this comment Tyler

posted 3/30/07 @ 11:56 AM EST

To be honest, your description is of the typical bandwagon fan. And those bandwagon fans are what is keeping this school down. Wearing the shirt just puts it in the open that your a bandwagon fan. Rooting for USF during "BIG" games only equals you dont care about the school unless the game means something. King is right on about your type, and sometimes what hurts the most is the truth.

Post a reply to this comment Robert M. Gibson

posted 3/30/07 @ 11:57 AM EST

It always made me sick when I saw this when I went to USF (96-2001). I've been to other campuses where they have major sports and THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. If you went to UF and wore Miami/FSU gear or had it on your car; you can expect to get a very negative reaction. This goes for any DI school who has major sports. People go to those Universities and TAKE PRIDE in going there. They want to wear their "gear" bc it matters.

IF you don't want to wear USF gear, I don't want you at my University taking advantage of our resources. You are a HYPOCRITE if you attend a school and cheer for another one or you are just downright pathetic.

Someone who believes like this has no clue as to the big picture. If USF wants to compete with UF down the road, it will take DIE HARD fans at USF to make that happen bc the student body today is the alumni of tomorrow. If we are not rabid, all of us, we won't have the alumni base to support the programs and sports to the point of us ever being able to compete with the UFs of this world.

You want top notch facilities? You want the money to hire the best coaches and play with the big boys?

THEN START ACTING LIKE THE BIG BOYS!

It starts on campus!

King was absolutely correct in what he said. Every time you see someone wearing UF, Miami or FSU gear on campus, you should let them know they aren't at those places. If they are too stupid to comprehend "they should catch flak for wearing that trash"; then we don't want them at this university. There's plenty of folks lined up who want to go here, look at the latest stats regarding the incoming freshmen.

Another thing, the University needs to take an active role in marketing USF to its own students. They need to make it clear to their incoming freshmen putting smack dab on their acceptance letter, "Welcome to USF. You're a Bull now so leave any other "gear" at home. See you in the fall!"

The first thing every new Student body president should do when they come into office is host a MAJOR BONFIRE on campus where students can burn their former UF/FSU/UM gear. It's time to grow up and take our rightful place among the other elite programs in the state.

If you're embarrassed to be a Bull, we don't want you here. If you miss the school you grew up loving, then go there. If you're not there; then A) they didn't want you or B) you didn't have what it takes to get there. Either way, you're not someone we want on "our team" or on "our campus".

It's time to take out the trash. Get rid of the weakest links. Let these people know this kind of behavior is unacceptable at a major DI University. If you want the atmosphere of a community college; then go to HCC.

I'm advocating harm to these folks, because that is wrong. However, there is nothing wrong with telling these folks you don't appreciate being disrespected on your home turf.

How can we expect others to respect us when we don't respect ourselves?

Post a reply to this comment Sunil Kurian

posted 3/30/07 @ 12:13 PM EST

If "daddy's" school pride was so important, you should have gone there. Didn't get in? Sounds to me like a jilted lover who is just holding on a bit too long. No one is saying you can't own another institution's gear...just keep it off of our campus. This is Bulls Country....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

A Bull wearing a Gators shirt is still a Bull

By: Allison Tiberia, Assoc. Editor

Issue date: 3/30/07 Section: Opinion

PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 2 next >

What's the chance she wears a USF shirt when she goes to the UF/USF game in Gainesville with her dad?

I say slim...(she says it now on paper...because if she said the opposite...all HECK would break loose).

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...nice.