• Held_AccountaBull

• NormalBull

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Oh....I thought you had become a vet Velcro, and you were taking care of board members' pets.  I was a little worried about the ones you 'fixed again.'   :o

;D ;D ;D :o

Normal

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

Unfortunately, I think he'll turn it down when he realizes what he's getting into.  Sorry for the pessimism.  Not many selling points to a recruit.  No practice facility, low fan attendance.......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Ya i liked the pic...... This guy is the best coach that we have a chance at, lets get him signed up

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Michigan - Slim chance they court Heath

Iowa - Wouldn't be surprised if they went after Heath, but I think they will look elsewhere

Colorado - Seems like they have been looking for a coach longer than we have. Heath might get a look there, but I would be shocked if he had interest

I think there is a ver good chance Michigan could look Heath's way, he's from Detroit. Went to Eastern Michigan. Spent most his early coaching career in the state at DII schools. Then was an assistant at Michigna State for 5 years, before taking over Kent State and Arkansas.

The thing that has shocked me with Michigan is they aren't willing to spend much on a coach.

Like this article stated: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703250326

As for Colorado, they've had their man, just been waiting on Air Force's season to end. Expect Jeff Bzdelik to be named coach very soon (probably immediately following the Final Four) SO I don't think they are in the Heath sweepstakes.

according to CBS sportsline,  UM is going after Vandy's coach. lists a few others but no mention of Heath.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately, I think he'll turn it down when he realizes what he's getting into.  Sorry for the pessimism.  Not many selling points to a recruit.  No practice facility, low fan attendance.......

while I am not sure you are wrong, or right on that...

I think its obvious that the recruits still don't have a problem coming here... as our current roster has more talent now than it ever has.  Kentrell Granberry transferred here despite us being bottom feeders.  Same with Verdejo.  Dante Curry/Dominique Jones were both highly regarded in florida, and both weren't scared away by our position.  Amu Saaka was a McD's all american candidate in Georgia and he wasn't scared away.

We might not have the best package to offer a recruit, but that doesn't seem to be the only factor.  Some people want to go places to make a difference, not just go to a place and ride the coat tails of success that were already there.  Heath seems like someone that isn't scared of that, and if we can show a commitment, I think it is possible to land him.

No way a guy who was just fired is in a position to turn down jobs unless he has something else lined up. It's far too easy in this profession to become an afterthought. Look at all the analysts trying to get back in. Think of all the others you never hear from again.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

according to CBS sportsline,  UM is going after Vandy's coach. lists a few others but no mention of Heath.

That why I said there is a chance. I would definitly think that Michigan will at least talk to Heath in Atlanta this weekend.

That why I said there is a chance. I would definitly think that Michigan will at least talk to Heath in Atlanta this weekend.

I guess it's possible, I just don't see it as very probable. Talking is one thing. Actually pursuing is another.There are too many guys they will consider ahead of him. Lickliter, Lowery, Beilein, Stallings and possibly Kruger.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Most up here are saying it will be Kruger.