Heath interested... Call him already!!!

sdgukhsdgl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think Stan would say he has not been contacted by USF even if him and DW really spoke, I really hope that is the case, there is no logical reason why a phone call has not been made.

How many times do you get someone who says they want to come to USF, especially one with his credentials, I def do not see them lined up knocking down the door.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Velcro

• sdgukhsdgl

• Mama_Bull

• Triple B

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585

anyone stop to think why he was fired? there has to be a reason. You just don't up and fire a coach who won 20 games and went to the tourney

He was fired because Arkansas is more fickle than even our fans.  They want Gillespie, even at the cost of an NCAA tournament caliber coach.  Their fans are bragging on every message board that they are getting BG.

31-49 record in SEC play and 7-33 for league games on the road. Thats not going to get it done.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Alot closer to .500 than our last coach in league play...We'll take baby steps and a few trips to the NCAAs...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

anyone stop to think why he was fired? there has to be a reason. You just don't up and fire a coach who won 20 games and went to the tourney

He was fired because Arkansas is more fickle than even our fans.  They want Gillespie, even at the cost of an NCAA tournament caliber coach.  Their fans are bragging on every message board that they are getting BG.

31-49 record in SEC play and 7-33 for league games on the road. Thats not going to get it done.

If he didn't make the tourney THIS year, you may have a case there...

• Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

How refreshing to see a coach who wants the job and the challenge.  I hope DW makes this happen.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

exactly, he wants the challenge, this should be a no brainer.

Omni:

You're the one that pointed out that all these coaches have agents.  It's possible Woolard contacted Heath's agent.  It's also possible that Woolard is vetting Heath by talking with coaches and ADs first before he makes contact.

At the surface level, where all of us who post on this board reside, Heath does look like a great fit.  I would be happy with him.  But I still trust Woolard to hire the best coach possible.

Normal

Right you probably are Normal...

I believe the term is due diligence.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Yeah, let's get a coach that was FIRED from ARKANSAS. That POWERHOUSE basketball school. C'mon people, you're starting to reach...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

How refreshing to see a coach who wants the job and the challenge.  I hope DW makes this happen.

Well...considering Heath's chances of getting a top coaching job in any top hoop conference are basically nil, and that he is currently unemployed...at least he is smart in saying the right things.

PS. Besides Heath's 35-54 SEC record during his tenure, looks like old AD Frank Broyle is looking to place blame on Heath for breaking UA's 334 sellout streak and drop in season tix sales as well.

Of course, UA's season tix and attendance averages, even under Heath DWARF those of any school in FLA, including UF.

See free link.

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/2007/mar/26/stan-heath-fired/

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

So...is he coming or what?