Need Some Feedback

outrunner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

As some of you know I'm on the USF men's ultimate team. We're discussing funds for next year and how we could raise some extra money. Here's one idea we had and I wanted to see the interest level of the USF community.

The USF-UCF football game will be October 13th this year. We thought about inviting the UCF ultimate team down to play a game at the USF soccer stadium the following day on the 14th (Sunday). Would you be willing to go to this game and how much would you pay? Just need some feedback to get a feel of the interest and if it's worth while. Thanks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

to be honest..... bad idea. NFL football is on Sunday's.

You'd be better of playing on a Friday night... and I don't think you can charge for tickets.  Find some hot chicks to send out to ask for "donations."

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Speak with one or two of the sorrorities and get them to support it as a "fund raiser" activity.  Schedule the game and have them walking through the stands or at the "gate" asking for donations like it was said above.  They have to get their volunteer hours for nationals some how and I imagine this would qualify.  If you go in and serenade them in one of their meetings, I think you'd find you could win one or two of them over to do it.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

Probably won't work.  I would do something simple.  Try campusfundraiser.com (this is not an ad, I do not work for them).  I did it as an undergrad a few times and raised 700-1500 a shot.  Pretty easy, just takes a team effort.  Also, contact the devil rays, lightning, and Bucs (levy restaurants) they all offer fundraising opportunities through concessions, etc.

Guest AstroBull
 Also, contact the devil rays, lightning, and Bucs (levy restaurants) they all offer fundraising opportunities through concessions, etc.

That would be what I would do as well.  I did concessions at Daytona for the 500 while in high school.  I think its 10% of what you sell, so over the course of the season you could make a pretty penny.  Also try to see if you can get some of the other club teams like hockey, lax, and rugby to join forces with you guys on it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

or the Tampa Yankees

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

When I was going to USF, I was a beer man for the bucs and rays and got the fraternity hooked up working beer and concession stands at the Rays games a number of times and we'd supply about 20 guys and would come out with making about $500-700 per game not too mention you made a few tips along the way if you were at the beer stand.

The key is to get them to let you work a stand during a good series like the Yanks so you can be sure and do the volume.  Get someone like the Angels in town and you won't make much.

If you got all your guys hired on to be beer guys at the Bucs, I used to make about $300-400 every home game.  Not bad for 3 hours of work (can't even sell the 4th quarter or before 1pm).  All you have to do is get TIPS certified (takes about 4 hours one day) and then one day of orientation.  For Rays games I would make about $70 per game unless the Yankees were in town; then I'd make about $200 each night during those series and they come a few times a year.

Beer man is a lot of physical work, not easy that's for sure, but it's quite a bit of fun and the hours are great as the Rays games are always at 7pm except Sundays (1pm i think) and of course most of the Bucs games are usually 1pm on Sundays.  

The reason I bring this up is in case you decide that each team member can pay some of it, this would be a cool job for some of your guys to make the money to pay for it if they have the time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

u want US to pay YOU to watch ultimate frisbee??  shouldn't it be the other way around??  but yeah, the hot chicks asking for donations is definitely your best bet.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

I was in charge of the fundraising for the lacrosse team while at USF.

We tried many things, but two seemed to work best.

1) Car wash: I know it sucks, but we used to pocket ~$500. Lowes on Bruce B Downs let us hook into their water, we just had to bring the supplies.

2) We used to throw parties at Rio Bravo's and Rockys (Anywhere that wanted more traffic). We paid for the entertainment and kegs, and charged a $5 entry fee. Made b/t $500 - $1000 profit per party. We distributed fliers around campus.

Good luck