Pelphrey to be interviewed

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

^^^ Mr. Arrow got into some trouble with the NCAA. I believe he left USA and went and coached with Tim Floyd at Iowa State and then the Bulls.

On top of that, Pelphrey is a pedigree of Pitino, and well all his coaches have had some seriously great success.

Tubby Smith

Billy Donovan

Herb Sendek

Ralph Willard (Holy Cross)

Sean Miller

Travis Ford

Anthony Grant

Reggie Theus

John Pelphrey

Have all made the NCAA tournament as a head coach in the last 4 years...(there are 11 more assistants or players who have been head coaches in the last 5 years)

I don't doubt Pelphrey's pedigree and he may well become the all time winningest coach in D-1 history but my point was UK would be foolish to hire this guy now with the experience he has. I don't know rueger's sources but it sounds pretty unbelievable. There are 4 or 5 guys on this list alone that deserve a job like that ahead of Pelphrey.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ruger7mmmag

• Bull94

• Held_AccountaBull

• Joe

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Woolard knows best.  Whoever he hires will be the best fit for USF.

In Doug I trust.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Bull, if you are going to respond to my posts, the least you can do is spell my screenname correctly.  It's not a hard one.  R-U-G-E-R.

All I'm saying is stuff that's being said.  From what I've been hearing, it's supposed to be down the road.  No sooner than 3 years.  If Pelphrey stays at USA the next three years with what he's got.  He's going to have 5 straight years of 20+ win seasons and a few NCAA births as he is clearly the class of this league.  That's one hell of an accomplishment as anyone in basketball will tell you if they know South Alabama as it's one hell of a hard place to recruit.  Anyone decent in this area gets scooped up by Bama, Auburn, LSU, Miss St. etc.

Bull, as with anything, I could be wrong.  I'm willing to admit that.  It wouldn't be the first time, but they are "usually" very good sources.  But even good sources can be wrong.  Now if this coach was at Alabama, I'd tell you to take it to the bank.

But have you noticed that everything I've said so far has lined up with the articles coming out of the Register AHEAD OF THE REGISTER PRINTING IT?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I live in Cincinnati and share an office with a UK fan, he says he would love to have Pelphrey but fears the job may be a lil overbearing on him at this point.

The consensus is that Pelphrey is going to be UK's coach one day, just not yet. However, there was an article a few months ago on him being a UK fan favorite who many would like as the next coach.

Your talking about the guy who was the leader of the team that pulled UK out of the ashes of NCAA sanctions. There is a lot of love for this guy and always will be.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30

Please stop saying that JP can not recruit - Ted Dupay, Donnel Harvey, Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Kwame Brown, LaDarius Halton, James White...

All were recruited to Gainesville by JP and 4 were McDonalds All Americans.

Just b/c Greg Oden is not playing for South Alabama does not mean JP's not recruiting quality players.  

If you are a recruit, are you really going to be excited about playing for Pete Gillen?

Wake up