Karl Hobbs (George Washington)

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Brad,

Wouldn't you agree that you really cannot expect a midmajor to have great victories or a strong schedule?

You can take most any of those teams and say their schedule wasn't great and they lost pretty bad to good teams. It's tough because you're never going to get big level talent at those schools.

There are exceptions (Gonzaga and SIU) but I think Hobbs is the best realistic choice out there.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Bull Matrix

• HarveyGlass

• JoeBulls

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

Agreed Joe, and I think that is where some get cold feet going to that level for a new coach at our level, in our situation.  It can be hard to translate success in the A-10 and associated level of play to the Big East.

I am putting together my list of candidates - I think Hobbs would be on my list.  He's just not an overwhelming first choice for me at this point.  

I still think we need the guy that excites everyone...whether or not we can afford that remains to be seen.

Guest 1Bullsfan

I suggested Gilispie because the BE is BETTER than the Big 12. There are more BE games on TV, than the Big 12. Before he went to Texas A&M, were the Aggies any good? I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I suggested Gilispie because the BE is BETTER than the Big 12. There are more BE games on TV, than the Big 12. Before he went to Texas A&M, were the Aggies any good? I don't think so.

Ya, the BE is better, but the Big 12 is still a BCS conference. It's not like it's terrible either. The reality is we're not pulling in another BCS conference coach unless that coach was fired.

It doesn't matter if Texas A&M was never good. They are now and they are one of the richest athletic departments in the country. It won't happen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Agreed Joe, and I think that is where some get cold feet going to that level for a new coach at our level, in our situation.  It can be hard to translate success in the A-10 and associated level of play to the Big East.

I am putting together my list of candidates - I think Hobbs would be on my list.  He's just not an overwhelming first choice for me at this point.  

I still think we need the guy that excites everyone...whether or not we can afford that remains to be seen.

The A-10 is still ahead of a lot of other conferences that we're looking at coaches from but it's on the border line, though.

I really don't think we can get somebody that excites everyone, or even most everyone. Just gotta trust DW.

Guest 1Bullsfan

I trust DW, but I just want a "name". A "name" brings in recruits, which will bring in more fans, and it slowly turns the wheel.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Somebody forgot to tell Hobbs to draw up a gameplan for Vanderbilt.

GW look like they don't know what sport they are playing.  Yuk.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

just get the best coach you can afford

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

No comment, BasketBull?

I would think there would be some interest in this game. :-?