If you were the AD what would you do with Mac

flsportsfan83

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I will hang myself if that happens.

I can't believe i didn't got to  UF if they give this guy an extension..

Do you think Jeremy Foley would give mac an extension?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• flsportsfan83

• Herman_Momart

• Bullpride08

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Pardon me if I defer to someone whose actual job it is to make these type decisions.

[highlight]This is an internet forum that discussing USF athletics; it's okay to have your own opinion. You should try it sometime. [/highlight]

You're right ... and the first thing I would do is set up some kind of commission to investigate the ever increasing disease commonly known as schizophrenia.

Good idea. While you're at it, try and figure out what causes pathetically low expectations, infinite patience, and unrewarded loyalty.

Rueb ~ Fight the power

The highlighted portion represents what may be the most true and valid statement I have ever read on these boards.

Thanks, Rueb.  Well said.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Pardon me if I defer to someone whose actual job it is to make these type decisions.

[highlight]This is an internet forum that discussing USF athletics; it's okay to have your own opinion. You should try it sometime. [/highlight]

You're right ... and the first thing I would do is set up some kind of commission to investigate the ever increasing disease commonly known as schizophrenia.

Good idea. While you're at it, try and figure out what causes pathetically low expectations, infinite patience, and unrewarded loyalty.

Rueb ~ Fight the power

The highlighted portion represents what may be the most true and valid statement I have ever read on these boards.

Thanks, Rueb.  Well said.

You have no idea the irony of "him" making that statement ...  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I will hang myself if that happens.

I can't believe i didn't got to  UF if they give this guy an extension..

Do you think Jeremy Foley would give mac an extension?

While we're talking magnitudes, the magnitude differential between UF's pocketbook and ours is enormous.  Foley can hire and fire almost at will and has legions of deep pocketed donors ready to pay-off any buyouts.  Woolard doesn't have that flexibility.  What I am saying, is with two years left if Woolard has decided to give him one year, then for facial purposes for recruiting he could give him a two year extension- but with a declining or no buyout of those two additional years- i.e. in effect a zero net effect to USF's bottom line.  I am only advocating should Woolard decide to keep CRM.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

he has two years left

he showed improvement (let the year end)

let him coach one more year if we do not improve more (MSG/NIT)

then fire him in his last year (buyout goes down, more money raised to pay new coach)

i trust DW to make the best decision for usf

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

what improvement has he shown?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

I didn't know we have 40 plus realist on this board. I am impressed.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

he has two years left

he showed improvement (let the year end)

let him coach one more year if we do not improve more (MSG/NIT)

then fire him in his last year (buyout goes down, more money raised to pay new coach)

i trust DW to make the best decision for usf

Like i said on an earlier thread, the costs to make a significant change right now are enormous, a huge buyout, a big jump in salaried pay, and to get any coach with any recognition or that would be an improvement over CRM USF would have to make a huge commitment to jump the budget, facilities, and marketing in very short order and I just don't believe Woolard is quite ready to do that....naming rights on the SunDome have hit a legislative snag.

I think, just my opinion not necessarily my desire, he keeps him a year...one of two things happen by then; 1. CRM continues the maturation process of this young but talented team and they make MSG and the NIT at that point Woolard either keeps him or CRM leaves and we get a coach still on the cheap but there are more built in advantages and some momentum for the guy to sustain so a top notch coach isn't needed; 2.  CRM has another bad year, oh well the buyout is smaller, and hopefully, the SunDome naming rights and a few other planned improvements get off the ground and it will make a change more feasible, even a good one.

Kinda like a small town townie wanting to leave for the big city but always getting told 'maybe next year'.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

[

I think, just my opinion not necessarily my desire, he keeps him a year...one of two things happen by then; 1. CRM continues the maturation process of this young but talented team and they make MSG and the NIT at that point Woolard either keeps him or CRM leaves and we get a coach still on the cheap but there are more built in advantages and some momentum for the guy to sustain so a top notch coach isn't needed; 2.  CRM has another bad year, oh well the buyout is smaller, and hopefully, the SunDome naming rights and a few other planned improvements get off the ground and it will make a change more feasible, even a good one.

Kinda like a small town townie wanting to leave for the big city but always getting told 'maybe next year'.

Not my desire either, but i think that is pretty much how it is going to go down.  I just cant believe there isnt one donor out there that isnt interested enough to buy out that contract.  It will only help in the long run, imo.  

i might start standing outside of publix with a red can and a santa outfit for the money.   Anyone wanna pitch in?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

I didn't know we have 40 plus realist on this board. I am impressed.

Very surprised at that as well.  you know only the biggest fans come on here.  I thought it would be much less.  Now if we walked around campus with a poll it would probably be 75% to let him go 10% to keep him and 15% wouldnt even know we had basketball (maybe more)