If you were the AD what would you do with Mac

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

If I am AD, I have a town hall meeting with the Dark Siders and bring donuts.

Wouldn't pizza be better .... all things considered?

Kool Aid would be better ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple B

• flsportsfan83

• Herman_Momart

• Bullpride08

Pardon me if I defer to someone whose actual job it is to make these type decisions.

[highlight]This is an internet forum that discussing USF athletics; it's okay to have your own opinion. You should try it sometime. [/highlight]

You're right ... and the first thing I would do is set up some kind of commission to investigate the ever increasing disease commonly known as schizophrenia.

Good idea. While you're at it, try and figure out what causes pathetically low expectations, infinite patience, and unrewarded loyalty.

Rueb ~ Fight the power

The highlighted portion represents what may be the most true and valid statement I have ever read on these boards.

Thanks, Rueb.  Well said.

Man and I thought I was alone. Glad to see others feel this way too. It's like if you have an original thought you get crucified! Or if you "OVER SPECULATE," oh...wait...that's an opinion ::)

IMO keeping Mac is an original thought, getting rid of him is a thought that has been posted a billion times over the course of the season on every thread conceivable by the same people over and over.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

As far as naming rights for the Sun Dome, all contracts that large in stature hit snags and such.  

THE FACT IS...Action Sports Media (rights holder for the USF Sundome) has the naming rights as priority #1.  Don't be suprised to see something finalized within the year.

-IN(side)bull

Remember 'inside' it is also a legislative mess.  USF does not technically 'own' the SunDome, however granting naming rights for public facilities and giving the money to someone other than the state is a tricky subject, and one that isn't easily dealt with, and it is something that's been sitting in Tally for quite sometime.  We actually need legislative approval for it to happen.  There is no shortage of groups wanting to buy naming rights, it's more so having the ability to grant them those rights.

I know some will say what about Ray Jay, but much of this is spelled out from the outset on new deals, and many of these are actually owned by 'for profit' subsidiaries of the local municipalities who will approve, because there is less beaurocractic red tape, to improve the local facility or get financial benefits.  

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
he has two years left

he showed improvement (let the year end)

let him coach one more year if we do not improve more (MSG/NIT)

then fire him in his last year (buyout goes down, more money raised to pay new coach)

i trust DW to make the best decision for usf

This is funny stuff.  :P ;D ::)

Yeah, let's keep on giving him 'one more year to show improvement'. Real bright idea. With your line of thinking, we'll have a winning BE record in 8 years.

Have some freakin expectations.

I don't have infinite patience; our bb program is broken, it needs to be fixed.

I don't trust that DW will make the best decision for USF.

Rueb ~ The voice of reason

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Only if Jim Jones makes it ...  ::)

he has two years left

he showed improvement (let the year end)

let him coach one more year if we do not improve more (MSG/NIT)

then fire him in his last year (buyout goes down, more money raised to pay new coach)

i trust DW to make the best decision for usf

This is funny stuff.  :P ;D ::)

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Rueb ~ One of The Three Voices of Monotony

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ooooooooo...a lil too soon Trip.

That is why I said it, but it seems most of these clowns are too young to know what that means.

That is why I said it, but it seems most of these clowns are too young to know what that means.

Sorry, I thought you were just refering to the green and gold kool aid they imbibe...  8-)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Pardon me if I defer to someone whose actual job it is to make these type decisions.

[highlight]This is an internet forum that discussing USF athletics; it's okay to have your own opinion. You should try it sometime. [/highlight]

You're right ... and the first thing I would do is set up some kind of commission to investigate the ever increasing disease commonly known as schizophrenia.

Good idea. While you're at it, try and figure out what causes pathetically low expectations, infinite patience, and unrewarded loyalty.

Rueb ~ Fight the power

The highlighted portion represents what may be the most true and valid statement I have ever read on these boards.

Thanks, Rueb.  Well said.

Man and I thought I was alone. Glad to see others feel this way too. It's like if you have an original thought you get crucified! Or if you "OVER SPECULATE," oh...wait...that's an opinion ::)

[highlight]IMO keeping Mac is an original thought, getting rid of him is a thought that has been posted a billion times over the course of the season on every thread conceivable by the same people over and over[/highlight].

Well then, you obviously did not read where Rueb was coming from with the "original thought" slant.

He was referring to the propensity some of our friends have to side with the AD/university on every single decision that is made or not made.  His point was that anyone who questions the status quo at USF is deemed a booger-eating, retarded piece of garbage.

You having some great opinion about keeping Mac and how it relates to the anti-Mac crowd has NOTHING to do with the point he was making.