• E.T.

• smazza

• ProfessaBull

• elonfirefighter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I dont think we should look back on Elon but we should take Auburn L'VILLE or WVU more seriously then them

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

We need to SERIOUSLY run them out of the stadium, and do it with our backups after the first quarter.  Looking past teams is a fan luxury, and I don't think the OP plays.

However, using FIU is an example isn't very accurate.  FIU is 1-A, and significantly better than E lawn.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Whether it is Elon, Auburn, WVA or any other opponent we play this year, we shouldn't take any team for granted.  if you think you've got it "in the bag" you are sure to get stung.  But, knowing the way JL thinks, he is going to make Elon look like the baddest opponent we have to face (at least for a first game).  That makes sense, because we have to play them as if the game matters.....and it does if we want to go bowling.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

sure way to get your arse beat!

you come out flat, they hit you in the mouth, you get behind, you get tight and start pressing, you then miss a FG and get upset 7-9 by lowly ELON.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

I really feel that we have turned the corner in talent. We will be seeing it this Spring and Summer practices. Guys will be fighting hard for starting positions and the past 2-3 years we have recruited some serious talent.

We will hammer Elon, unlike our "easy" games in 2006. We will still have guys pushing for playing time and starting positions.

I am looking forward to Auburn !

Go BULLS !!!  [smiley=GoBulls.gif]

this post demonstrates a lack of sophistication

usf better not look past elam and better play to win

the great teams win this game 50+-0.the great teams take care of business and alastly the great programs dont look past such teams

Cleveland Elam?

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

And I understand not looking past Elon ... I am just so confident in this team's ability that I am seeing it as a scrimmage ... I expected it also though against McNeese & FIU in 2006  :P

Just expecting this team to be MUCH better !

which is it?

are you looking past elam or not?

sure way to get your arse beat!

you come out flat, they hit you in the mouth, you get behind, you get tight and start pressing, you then miss a FG and get upset 7-9 by lowly ELON.

this is very true

remember army

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  41

I was skimming your board and had to comment.  Professor is right, never look past anyone .  App state will tell you that, when a flat Elon team came from 20 down to beat them in basketball.  Elon will tell you that when cit took the final baseball series from us, and again App, NATIONAL CHAMPS almost lost to Elon in football.  The game was decided on about 5 min of bad decisions and bad play calls.  Any team any day I always say.  With that said Im not expecting a win I just want to see how good we can do against a bowl league team.  The one problem with this game is you have everything to loose and we have everything to win, so if your players look past they could be caught off guard.  1 word of warning dont gauge us by our recent years, we have had many staff changes and position changes, so were a completely different team with a whole lot of heart.  I look forward to the game and wish your team the best of luck.  Just don’t talk too mush BULL S*** ;) or you might just have to eat it after the game. J/k