clarett lost his case...

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

but a 14 year old middle school kid can be a professional soccer player!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he can't work at mcDonalds at 14  but he can play professional soccer!!!!!!!!

please don't tell me bout rules because they are fluid and apply  differently when power brokers want.

my embattled brothers(clarette) are like slaves and have no choice but wait until the man lets them play

that's true for almost any job.

there are requirements!

meet them you get in the gate, don't and you won't.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apis Bull

• BullDoug

• smazza

• BULLheaded

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

but a 14 year old middle school kid can be a professional soccer player!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please don't tell me bout rules because they are fluid and apply  differently when power brokers want.

my embattled brothers(clarette) are like slaves and have no choice but wait until the man lets them play

Soccer is not football (our football)!!  In soccer you don't have 300 lb + men trying to knock your head off.  Same goes for basketball and baseball.  In baseball they have a farm system to develop their players.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

SCBullsfan,

Your argum't isn't upto snuff.  18 yr baseball players are drafted and go directly to the MLB by 19 yrs of age.  NFL has NFL Europe and owns a percentage of the AFL.  If Mr. Clarett is an adult and he thinks he can handle 300 lb lineman and 260 LBs knocking the crap out of him then he should be allowed to be a free agent.  IMO the whole exclusion thing smells of age discrimination.  It seems to me Clarett's lawyer is doing a bad job or the NFL is greasing some judicial palms.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I don't care what other sports do with their age rulings....letting "kids" come out of school early has destroyed college basketball and the NBA is unwatchable. I'd just hate to see this happen to football.

Guest S.  Bien

Soccer is not football (our football)!!  In soccer you don't have 300 lb + men trying to knock your head off.  Same goes for basketball and baseball.  In baseball they have a farm system to develop their players.

Exactly, and besides Smazza would be the same jackoff that would defend him, or a high schooler for that matter, that went to the NFL, and got his block knocked off by a 6-3 255lb blitzing LB running as fast as most college RB's, and ruined his career.  Because, I am sure Smazza realizes that unlike soccer, hockey, basketball, or baseball (which are the team sports that allow kids to come out early), football contracts are not guaranteed.  Not one dollar, which is why most players grab hefty bonuses.  SO, it behooves an NFL player to insure that his body can sustain a heightened amount of physical abuse before entering the NFL.  If you leave out of HS, you could sign on with an NFL team, and get a huge fat $2mm a year salary contract for five years, blow out your knee in year two, and never play in the NFL again!  Also, that team isn't responsible for paying you anymore.....

This sport is for gladiators, before they enter the NFL they should make sure THEY THINK THEY ARE PREPARED not some stupid attorney or agent!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

This sport is for gladiators, before they enter the NFL they should make sure THEY THINK THEY ARE PREPARED not some stupid attorney or agent!

Only two parties are privy to the determination of a potential player's readiness to play football or not.  The player and the team signing that player.  If nobody in the NFL thinks Mo Clarrett can handle it fine.  They won't sign him.  

That's why MC should be allowed to play.  He has a constitutional right to earn a living in the USA.  NO MATTER HOW DANGEROUS.  Mo Clarrett knows the dangers of football.  BTW, IMO, the NFL age rule is not about protecting young players, its about protecting the NFL's farm system; NCAA football.

Only two parties are privy to the determination of a potential player's readiness to play football or not.  The player and the team signing that player.  If nobody in the NFL thinks Mo Clarrett can handle it fine.  They won't sign him.  

That's why MC should be allowed to play.  He has a constitutional right to earn a living in the USA.  NO MATTER HOW DANGEROUS.  Mo Clarrett knows the dangers of football.  BTW, IMO, the NFL age rule is not about protecting young players, its about protecting the NFL's farm system; NCAA football.

Exactly where in the Constitution does it say he has a right to make that living wherever he sees fit? The NFL set criteria they felt was appropriate for their league.  Just like any other business does.

Exactly!!  He can't work at McDonalds!  Should a 14 year old sue McDonalds if they want to work there?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Exactly!!  He can't work at McDonalds!  Should a 14 year old sue McDonalds if they want to work there?

I'm going to sue the AARP

Guest S. Bien

Well dammit I want to be a lawyer, but there's those pesky bar exams, and the little fact of passing law school.  Organizations can decide what criteria to admit individuals in their field.  If Mo Clarett wants to make a living no one is stopping him from walking out there and becoming gainfully employed.

The fact I am presenting is in the NFL, unlike ANY of the other sports that people cite, does not guarantee its salaries.  Therefore, the risk is substantial, and the NFL prefers to insure these players are physically, and mentally prepared to play this sport.  If not, we would have a ton of high school kids running around without degrees, ineligible to return to college, and crying the blues about how the NFL treated them.  Obviously the NFL teams wanted this measure because they pursued it so ardently.  This wasn't an NFL office crusade, it was a collective decision by the league.  

Not to worry I am sure someone will draft Clarett next year in the 5th or 6th round.  He will get a nice $30k signing bonus and $120k salary.