is it just me or.....

USFbulls0208

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Haulin, I think lots!!! We were familiar with Charlotte, the way the city embraced us, the fun activities, and the date!!! Lot's of us including yours truly, could not go because of family holiday duties. After Christmas is 12 times better. I think we could have had 15k or more this year!

Be realistic....we have about 14,000 paid season tickets...yes Charlotte, BankAmerica stadium, the opponent and the date were far better than Birmingham... but to think we would have had 15K or more there today is a bit of a stretch.

I thought we had closer to 17K season tix but I agree there's no way we have 15K in Charlotte yesterday.

3000+  are non revenue tickets

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HaulingBull Sucks

• Triple B

• smazza

• USFbulls0208

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

For what it's worth, last year's attendance for the Meineke Bowl was 57,937.  This years was only 52,303. (to be fair, don't forget we did play a team from NC)

I'd like to believe we would have brought close to 7500 or more this year (if we would have received an invite the MCCB rather Birmingham) with a more amenable date and playing off the positive experience from last year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

I don't wanna get into a tix distributed / turnstile ticks issue, but our bowl game

in Charlotte sure didn't look like 50K (in the stadium), and the B'ham bowl - based

on other accounts and what I saw on the tube, looked like 32k was a stretch.

I'm just saying...if both schools combined sold about 15K, wouldn't that mean that

this year there should have been another 17K who bought tickets somewhere and

showed up? Who are those people?

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Shoop,

The Insight Bowl is also televised on the NFL Network, so I will take the Texas Bowl over the Insight anyday.

Guest Sprtsfn627
Had alot fun in Charlotte last year.  [highlight]But Navy(yawn)[/highlight] over a Big East team, come on.  Is attendence good?

How many tickets do you think USF would have sold if we were in this years game?  

We wouldn't have been in this years game.  Rutgers would have.  And they brought 17,000 to Texas.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Had alot fun in Charlotte last year.  [highlight]But Navy(yawn)[/highlight] over a Big East team, come on.  Is attendence good?

How many tickets do you think USF would have sold [highlight]if [/highlight]we were in this years game?  

We wouldn't have been in this years game.  Rutgers would have.  And they brought 17,000 to Texas.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

One thing, is after experiencing Charlotte last yr. I didn't really want to go back unless the matchup was good - USF vs FSU, UM, GA Tech or VT.  But after experiencing B'ham, I'm a go for this Bowl especially if its going to be on the Sat. before NYE.  It will be a great 3-4 day holiday trip for the next 5 yrs or so.  I'd put the MCCB on my list as my third choice after BCS & Gator.  As for the Gator or BCS, to get to either of those bowl in eleven seasons would be monumental.

Guest Sprtsfn627

How many tickets do you think USF would have sold [highlight]if [/highlight]we were in this years game?  

If USF was in the game, I'd say we bring 6,000.  However, the point was that the MCCB hurt themselves by taking Navy when they could have had 20,000 Rutgers fans, not to mention two ranked teams instead of one.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

It gives some good examples of how other schools sell tickets and run events at bowl games.

Do you have a problem with seeing how a very successful program operates?  

They've been going to bowls since 1923. I would assume they'd have their **** together by now but thanks for pointing out the obvious...

bad assumption

rutgers just one first bowl game after 130 years!!!

what will be magic year usf get's their chit togther bbs??

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

If USF was in the game, I'd say we bring 6,000.  However, the point was that the MCCB hurt themselves by taking Navy when they could have had 20,000 Rutgers fans, not to mention two ranked teams instead of one.

i dont think rutgers wanted to go go meineke bowl