Confidence builder

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,302
  • Days Won:  490

Saw much of the second half out here in the sand...

Got the whole game on DVR, but will not be able to watch until tomorow.

Anyway, a win over Wake means a hell of a lot more than a loss to UNLV, so for these guys moving into conference play after a minor layover and beatdown of B-CC, it's good.

Shut the hell up flsportsfan83, I'm not calling for a multi-year deal for CRM, I'm just saying that a win like this (like it or not) on ESPN2 can go a long way for a program.  

It was a great way to see the Bulls on national TV.  Well done lads.

You know, for someone who gets sick of hearing the same old stuff from the "darksiders" every time we lose you sure do make a point of calling people out every time we win

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds" - Doc Holiday Tombstone

You should read more closely wildrover.  I don't "call out" people after every win.  And I wasn't "calling out" flsportsfan83 HOURS after the game.  I was simply making a guarded comment that I did not want to be misunderstood by the town crier or any of the "darksiders".  

To truly be hypocritical, I guess I'd have to praise the coach and players (which I did not) after the win just as flsportsfan and his ilk trashes them after each loss.  

You seem troubled.  I hope you get well.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Paisa, I meant Chris Howard... not Capko, although I do agree with what you say... When Capko went down, our turnovers went up.

Having both Howard and Capko and add in Bozeman and we are a much better team than when Bozeman (35 mins) and Verdejo (5 mins) are running the point.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Paisa, I meant Chris Howard... not Capko, although I do agree with what you say... When Capko went down, our turnovers went up.

Having both Howard and Capko and add in Bozeman and we are a much better team than when Bozeman (35 mins) and Verdejo (5 mins) are running the point.

You can tell Bozeman is out of his element at PG. Last night, he was real hesitant at times.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

This reminds me jubilation after the Georgetown win.

I remain cautioned.

I will relent win we have BACK-to-BACK conference wins.  That is a sign that we have improved.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Bozeman looked a little tentative at times but this guy is all about basketball and his position is PG. Look what he's done already. By mid season we'll be looking at a much improved PG who can shoot and drive.

Howard will find a place in the starting rotation and Capko provides the depth we need.

This team has the ingredients to play with anyone.

They proved that to themselves last night.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Saw much of the second half out here in the sand...

Got the whole game on DVR, but will not be able to watch until tomorow.

Anyway, a win over Wake means a hell of a lot more than a loss to UNLV, so for these guys moving into conference play after a minor layover and beatdown of B-CC, it's good.

Shut the hell up flsportsfan83, I'm not calling for a multi-year deal for CRM, I'm just saying that a win like this (like it or not) on ESPN2 can go a long way for a program.  

It was a great way to see the Bulls on national TV.  Well done lads.

You know, for someone who gets sick of hearing the same old stuff from the "darksiders" every time we lose you sure do make a point of calling people out every time we win

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds" - Doc Holiday Tombstone

Unfortunately, it is a necessity, rover.  You see, the darksiders take anything that someone writes positive about our bball program as meaning that they want to sign Mac to a multiyear contract or that they are satisfied with our program, yadda yadda yadda.  Nobody is allowed to celebrate wins without seeing some sort of negativity.  The darksiders have become so reliant upon fallacies that actually prefacing statements has become a necessity.

Mike,

do you comment on usf basketball or just cry about the darksiders.  Darksiders have every right to say what they say and so do the mac optimist. Get over it and add some insight, you seem like a somewhat intelligent guy.  Why do you care about what others say so much?

This is a confidence builder in the bulls. Maybe this team can gel.  I was impressed by gransberry and Mattis last night and have been impressed by bozeman all year and we all know what melvin can do.  Jesus V i think was on a little bit on the throw it up and it was going in juice last night.  Ill wait to see him more through the season.  But unlike every other mac team i have ever seen I actually see some sort of light.  do i think he is usf bball savior and will win and be able to recruit in the BE? NO.  But I do see what he is trying to build with his players and this team.  

With a point guard like bozeman, in a conference where pg play is essential he may be our guy.  not a great scorer but is a good set up passer and a court general.  I still get headaches with all the turnovers from the last few years.  Thank you ole miss.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Mike,

do you comment on usf basketball or just cry about the darksiders.  Darksiders have every right to say what they say and so do the mac optimist. Get over it and add some insight, you seem like a somewhat intelligent guy.  Why do you care about what others say so much?

Generally speaking, I couldn't care less what the darksiders think.  I was simply pointing out to a poster WHY someone would make a comment like that in their post, because I can understand where Bulliever is coming from since I've seen way too many positive posts slammed simply because the darksiders don't want anyone to actually enjoy a basketball game.  Darksiders live for fallacies, and it has become all too common for them to use them to rebut anyone that actually enjoyed a game.

As for actually discussing bball, last night's game was the first that I had the opportunity to see, since I don't live in Tampa.  Hard to discuss the team when you can't go to the games.  I only got to watch the game sporadically in the bar/restaurant we were at last night, but was very impressed with our defense.  I'm looking forward to going to tomorrow's game, and expect to see many darksider fallacies posted on threads discussing the win.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

I'm tired of the star wars references..  Can I be Sauron of Mordor ?   ;D

I really don't want to be a hobbit  -  you know, one of the good guys.   ;)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

not all of the good guys were hobbitts, you got elfs, dwarfs, wizards, humans, the water people, the trees

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

not all of the good guys were hobbitts, you got elfs, dwarfs, wizards, humans, the water people, the trees

The were Ents, not trees!!  Geeze!!   ::)