Confidence builder

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,303
  • Days Won:  490

Saw much of the second half out here in the sand...

Got the whole game on DVR, but will not be able to watch until tomorow.

Anyway, a win over Wake means a hell of a lot more than a loss to UNLV, so for these guys moving into conference play after a minor layover and beatdown of B-CC, it's good.

Shut the hell up flsportsfan83, I'm not calling for a multi-year deal for CRM, I'm just saying that a win like this (like it or not) on ESPN2 can go a long way for a program.  

It was a great way to see the Bulls on national TV.  Well done lads.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Here here.

In reality we're not far off from where I thought we would be after OOC play concludes. I am assuming we can take care of business tomorrow, so that would get us to 9-5. I had us pegged at 10-4 for OOC play (losses to Buffalo, Richmond, UNLV, and Wake), so we're not far off the pace. We are certainly capable of winning some Big East games this year. Louisville, Cincinnati, Rutgers, DePaul, Providence, and Seton Hall are all teams we have a good shot against.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152
  • Days Won:  0

Its good to see the team starting to gel.

Guest wildrover

Anyway, a win over Wake means a hell of a lot more than a loss to UNLV, so for these guys moving into conference play after a minor layover and beatdown of B-CC, it's good.

Shut the hell up flsportsfan83, I'm not calling for a multi-year deal for CRM, I'm just saying that a win like this (like it or not) on ESPN2 can go a long way for a program.  

You know, for someone who gets sick of hearing the same old stuff from the "darksiders" every time we lose you sure do make a point of calling people out every time we win

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds" - Doc Holiday Tombstone

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You know, for someone who gets sick of hearing the same old stuff from the "darksiders" every time we lose you sure do make a point of calling people out every time we win

That's because some of those guys don't show when we win.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We are 8-5... not great, not bad, especially since 4 of the 5 losses are to probably NCAA tournament teams this season - TAMCC 7-4, UNLV 12-2,Missouri St 10-2, UAB 8-5 - although UAB is probably the longest shot of the 4.

We beat the bad teams and lost to some very very tough teams and beat one traditional powerhouse, albeit in an off year for them.  The losses might not be to "big name" teams, but if you can say Wake forest isn't a big win because it is an off year, then in the same respect you MUST say UNLV isn't a bad loss because UNLV is playing incredible ball right now, and the same goes for Missouri St.

I still see some problems, especially on offense, but I think once we get Chris into the mix, things will flow better.

There is plenty of reason to be optimistic, but the jury is still out.  The only reason the losses we have had are bad is that the quality of play wasn't that good, not due to the names of the teams the losses were against.

Guest BasketBull.

We got to stop playing man-to-man, I feel. Zone is the way to go with a great rebounder. Let teams shoot the long bombs if they can hit them. We play man-to-man and we miss too many assignments, which often results in a layup. The potential for success is there. However, the liabilities loom large. These next few days are very important to fix and repair. The BE will not show mercy.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Unfortunately, it is a necessity, rover.  You see, the darksiders take anything that someone writes positive about our bball program as meaning that they want to sign Mac to a multiyear contract or that they are satisfied with our program, yadda yadda yadda.  Nobody is allowed to celebrate wins without seeing some sort of negativity.  The darksiders have become so reliant upon fallacies that actually prefacing statements has become a necessity.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

The BE will not show mercy.

Dawg, you ain't just woofin'.  BE basketball is another way to spell "pain" for the BasketBulls.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I still see some problems, especially on offense, but I think once we get Chris into the mix, things will flow better.

I was waiting for someone to say something about Capko. For all the flack Cap has taken the past few years, the current disconnect at the PG position could be lessened with a veteran PG such as Capko in the offense. The one thing I've been saying about Capko is that he is a calming influence on the USF offense. He's not going to be an offensive juggernaut like The Answer, Allen Iverson, but he will do his best to keep turnovers to a minimum. I'd like to see what we're capable of with both Capko and Howard back from injuries and would be curious to see if our turnovers per game decrease dramatically with the return of such players.