USF Men's Basketball To Face UAB Wednesday Night

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

I say return on investment has been poor at best.  I say the quality of the product produced has declined substantially.  Future investors are standing by waiting for a committment to success.  The old bull shareholders are worried about a potential takeover from the young alums.

I say we need more then a new marketing campaign.....we need a new leader.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• joementum

• Triple B

• UABinBHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BasketBull.

I really admire you Bulls who try to debate with all the negative putz.

The basketball guys have to practice and try their best. The very least some the so-called fans could do is shut their pie holes instead of spewing negativity every time the word "basketball" is mentioned.

Don't you think the players read your posts?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

USF basketbal= the bush administration and the troops

We support our troops (the players) But we dont think their leader is doing and adequate job

;) ;D

I think you are right.

We shouldn't criticize the coach and the program.

We should support without critique or complaint.

Go Bulls... Beat Wake Forest this friday..

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

UAB was nothing for years in basketball and then for some unkown reason they got one of the best coaches in America to come there - Gene Bartow.  He quickly built a winning tradition that still follows that program inspite of Bartow JR(Murray ?) who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag but had the name.  

Something like that needs to happen at USF before you will see any change.  Who would be that next great coach ?  Who knows but I don't see it being Mac.  Just being a good coach is not enough to turn around the fortunes of USF basketball.  It is way to tough of a mission.  You have to get a great one like Duke when they got Spurier and after he left their football went back into the dumps but they had a few good years.  

So for those of you Mac haters just relax because there is no point in pulling the trigger until you have a great coach linned up.  Afterall,  you don't want to be in a similar position as Alabama football do you ?

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  19

We owned Bartow Jr in Birmingham back in the day! Oh the days!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

Is this game on TV anywhere in the civilized world?

Its USF vs UAB...

you tell me?

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Sheriff we lost that game on the bus trip to Birmingham, remember?  63 fouls called, double overtime, it was a nailbiter.  Jewbull starting fights over Murry's choice of vehicle in the parking lot, and a certain staff member donating 12 cases of Yuengling to our venture.  Somewhere on the archives here is a thread recounting that trip, can any of the admins pull it up?  Would have been around Feb. 23rd, 2002.

That might have been the most fun I've ever had in Birmingham, and that includes last weekend!  Out of that trip came a trip to the C-USA Tourney for all of us, which was a catalyst for starting the Student Bulls Club, which is helping to make our campus far more athletics oriented... oh yeah I got a job out of it as well.  That was the first student travel USF had done in years, and now we do several packages each season.  Even with the loss... that was a really important trip!

For once in his life Jewbull wasn't out to start a fight... and ends up getting in one anyway.  I think I had Murry Bartow saying "This is the University of Alabama F***ing Birmingham, this isn't Tampa, do you understand me??"  as my email signature for like a year.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73

UAB was nothing for years in basketball and then for some unkown reason they got one of the best coaches in America to come there - Gene Bartow.  He quickly built a winning tradition that still follows that program inspite of Bartow JR(Murray ?) who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag but had the name.  

Something like that needs to happen at USF before you will see any change.  Who would be that next great coach ?  Who knows but I don't see it being Mac.  Just being a good coach is not enough to turn around the fortunes of USF basketball.  It is way to tough of a mission.  You have to get a great one like Duke when they got Spurier and after he left their football went back into the dumps but they had a few good years.  

So for those of you Mac haters just relax because there is no point in pulling the trigger until you have a great coach linned up.  Afterall,  you don't want to be in a similar position as Alabama football do you ?

UAB was "nothing in basketball for years" because basketball didn't exist at UAB period.  UAB's first coach ever was Gene Bartow.  UAB began in 1978 playing basketball.  About 3 years into the program, UAB was in the Elite 8.  As much as people want to dog on Murray Bartow, he still wasnt a horrible coach... just not a good coach by UAB standards.  Murray still won 55% of the games he coached in.  He's now at East Tennessee State where he led them to the NCAA tournament either last year or the year before.