USF Men's Basketball To Face UAB Wednesday Night

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

BBS, what has Mac done to impress you?  I don't see why anyone would want to stick with this guy.  4 years of the same horrible basketball with absolute dismal attendance tells you that most feel the same way as herman, reuben, and myself.   If people loved what mac was doing, they would be at the sundome every game in droves.  Instead you can hear the cockroaches eating the stale popcorn in the bowls of the sundome.  USF fans gave up, and crm isnt the guy to bring them back.  But as long as he is pleasing the very few and far between I guess thats ok.  Its not like college basketball is all about money and winning anyway.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• joementum

• Triple B

• UABinBHM

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry, but UAB's basketball program is considered to be a pretty big name in the basketball world.  UAB and Memphis may play in a mid-major conference, but that doesn't make them "mid-major programs."  Having said all that, this year will be a little painful with such little depth, a new coach/system, and an extremely unfavorable schedule.  Next year should be much improved.  We only have 2 seniors and have 3 big transfers waiting in the wings (Robert Vaden from Indiana, Walter Sharpe from Mississippi State, and Channing Toney from UGA).  BTW, we had a coach before Mike Anderson, so he didn't make us the basketball program we are... a guy by the name of Gene Bartow did.  

This could still be a fairly close game.  USF generally seems to give UAB pretty good fights even when we have better teams than the one we have this year.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

BBS, what has Mac done to impress you?

- I look at the improvement from year 1 to year 2.

- I look at what if he had had BMo and Chris Howard last year. Our first year in the BE was going to be a bear no matter what but those losses doomed it and I fully expected to lose every BE game by 20 and was impressed by the fact we didn't. The team played hard. Anybody with objectivity should be able to appreciate that.

- I look at getting a player drafted in the top 32 players of the NBA draft.

Mac's downside has been recruiting and when combined with bad luck, has led to disastrous results.  If he's let go at the end of the year it will be because of this, not his coaching.... just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73

Your recruiting hasn't improved since the move to the BE?  That's surprising if true.  Hard to believe, actually.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

But the basketball programs are far from similar.

So too are the football teams.

This could still be a fairly close game.  USF generally seems to give UAB pretty good fights even when we have better teams than the one we have this year.

The fact that we're going into the game with one pg, and he's a true freshman, I really don't see us keeping this thing close.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

Mac is going to be let go because he doesn't win basketball games.  It is that simple.

Just like a CEO who doesn't deliver profits and expansion.

Just like a President who doesn't help expand job creation and protect America's shores.

Just like a Mayor who doesn't keep crime low and the trash picked up.

Mac doesn't win basketball games fellas.  He might be a great guy, but he was hired to win basketball games and gradutate student athletes.  At the end of the day he doens't do either of those things well.

Mac doesn't win basketball games fellas.  He might be a great guy, but he was hired to win basketball games and gradutate student athletes.  At the end of the day he doens't do either of those things well.

Do you have any kind of figures on the "not graduating" accusation?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

Newsflash!  He's not the CEO.  

He's only a Division Manager that was hired to revive a dying enterprise.  So he's more of a "turnaround" manager than one looking to deliver profits and expansion.  He's trying to keep the business out of default.  Surely he has not been wildly successful, but there have been several atypical market phenomona as well as unexpected change in market competition soon after his hire.  He certainly has a tough task and so far the Chairman and The Board, if you'll pardon the fun play on words, have supported him to this point.  With that, so do many of the stockholders.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Newsflash!  He's not the CEO.  

He's only a Division Manager that was hired to revive a dying enterprise.  So he's more of a "turnaround" manager than one looking to deliver profits and expansion.  He's trying to keep the business out of default.  Surely he has not been wildly successful, but there have been several atypical market phenomona as well as unexpected change in market competition soon after his hire.  He certainly has a tough task and so far the Chairman and The Board, if you'll pardon the fun play on words, have supported him to this point.  With that, so do many of the stockholders.  

;D