Potential USF Mens Basketball Coaches

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

smazza why would he leave Michigan to come here. I am not to failar with UM basketball.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flsportsfan83

• E.T.

• Cubanbull

• Triple B

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He's doo doo. Lets worry about potential coaches when the time comes...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

How were we in 96? From what I remember not any better than we are now.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

Show me the money. The fact is that our HC doesnt get paid very much compared to other programs. I remember when after Seth we went after the UF asst coach and for him it was a PAY CUT to come to USF.

No to Speraw. Sorry but what has he accomplished at UCF? For awhile UCF was the dominant power in the ASUN because of its size and money they should be able to beat ASUN schools regularly.

As for the others Im not siold on any ast coaches. IF we are SERIOUS aboput UPGRADING our program then we need to go after coaches like Xavier's etc that have had success in GOOD MID major programs BUT the facts are that for that we need to step up with the money.

If not we will just be spinning our wheels and getting coaches that will split as soon as they get any success or those that are not good bets.

Yes we are in the Big East but unless we get more fan support and donations, our program will be a tough sell because it could be seeing as low chances of success so amy quality coach would pass considering it a set up for failure.

The BIG question all our fans should be asking is HOW can USF compete with MOST Big East schools with our current support? Thats the same question possible candidates will look at before choosing the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Cuban, I agree.

The problem is guys Xavier head coach, Sean Miller, are making more at Xavier than we are currently paying MAC, and he turned down the NC State job to stay at XU. We'd have to front too much money to get him or a coach simialr to him.

It is true for many of these higher mid majors these days. many of their coaches are making in the 700k -1M range to assure they don't run to bigger schools.

IF RMC were to be let go, money would probably be a big factor in deciding the next coach.

Joe

and thats my point that some here think we should be able to get these guys, when in fact they get apid more and get more fan support at midmajors like xavier than they would at USF.

Wether we like it or not , at this point we are the Big east basketball version of Temple in football. Bad paying job, horrible fan support and facilities not on par to the top teams.

How will we change that? I see it either two ways, our fans start showing up and donating OR we wait until football brings in the money to afford us to pay for a coach and improve Sun Dome.

Until then we can cry all we want but you cant compete with a Lexus if you can only buy a scooter.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,260
  • Days Won:  29

How will we change that? I see it either two ways, our fans start showing up and donating OR we wait until football brings in the money to afford us to pay for a coach and improve Sun Dome.

I agree it's these 2 only.

• Topic Count:  2,697
  • Days Won:  0

tommy amaker at michigan

he will probably be fired at Michigan after this year...

Why not support RMc this year and then evaluate him after this year and if it necessary then call for his head then. Until then support our Bulls......