• Bull Matrix

• flsportsfan83

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Close game up until the 8 minute mark in the second half.  One bad stretch cost us a close game.  Couldn't battle back after that.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Ran out of gas... we were winning with 8 mins left (maybe a little more)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

If only we coould've played Norfolk St again?  Talks of contract extensions could abound!  ;)

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  873

So can we match our 1 big east win record again this year or might we get TWO wins versus the big east, man I'm glad we have football

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Does anyone think that 3 games in 3 nights mightve had something to do with it? This team has been playing once a week since the beginning of the season. It couldve been a factor.

If you can present a reply without your hate Mac OR love Mac bias, I'd love to hear whatcha think?

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Texas A&M CC took a lot of energy out of us. We were fatigued down the stretch. The next game against is going to be harder.

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Shoop... I would utilize that normally, but I believe all the teams had three games in three days... so each team was equally gassed (I might be mistaken though).

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,931
  • Days Won:  22

Specially one where two of their main players were playing their first games in more than a year. Look at the stats for the big man and his points were down in each game.

our next game is NOT a cupcake Missouri St is a good team.

So I guess the odds are that the negative threads will continue.

Happy Holidays

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My thoughts about this team right now are that it may be marginally better than last year, but still has a long way to go to be competitive in the Big East.  The Big East is the basis of comparison.  Not the Buffalos and Norfolk States of the basketball world.

Bozeman looks to be a real steal and can be an exciting go to guy for the future.  I think this was a good tournament to measure where we are.  Can't use the 3 games in 3 days excuse because all teams in the tourney did that.  

As I said, maybe marginally better than last year.  Bozeman + Verdejo replaces Holmes' points.  Gransberry looks to be picking up some of the defense (big shoes to fill there) for Solomon.  If we would have played UNLV down to the wire or TAMU down to the wire it would have been more encouraging.  At this point I don't see the quantuum leaps necessary to be competitive in the Big East.  I see maybe 3 or 4 wins in conference play.  Marginally better than last year ain't gonna cut it.  You have to be realistic.  The Big East is a very, very difficult conference to play in night in and night out.  Even if/when Howard returns, don't count on him to be the saviour for this year.  First of all, he still has yet to set foot on an NCAA BB court.  He is still coming off two major injuries and even at best it's going to be a learning curve against competition known to eat up Freshman PGs.  

Better than last year?  Probably.  Good enough to compete in the BE?  Probably not.