The future is better despite the loss last night!!

Bull Matrix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Look, I am hurt too by the loss against Texas A&M CC, but I am understanding the bigger picture. We have a better all around team with more depth right now. We are still waiting for Howard (who McCullum has called him the Grothe of USF basketball). I love this program, and I love USF. I will never turn my back on this team no mater what happens. These players play their tails off as evident from last season. Most teams would have tanked the whole season last year, but our team played hard for us few fans that do care for them. If you cant see that then you shouldnt be a fan in my opinion.  Do I think this team is post season caliber right now?? I am not sure, but I do know that we are getting better with experience. **** Vitale was dead on when he stated that McCullum has one of the toughest jobs.  McCullum had to take over a program that was falling apart which is why their was a house cleaning year. We had no discipline, and to me that was pretty embarrassing for USF. If McCullum does not improve from last season then you can be assured that he will be gone. Both Woolard and McCullum have stated that he wont be back if they dont at least make the BIG EAST tourny. And right now, that should be the goal for this season in my view. None of this NIT or NCAA crap, but a BIG EAST tourny bid will save his job. I know that our team will keep getting stronger each season because of the direction that McCullum has our program heading. Whether we have a new coach or McCullum back, we will be in  much better shape than we were when McCullum first got to USF. Some of you longtime USF fans may understand what I am saying about the mess that McCullum had to inherit, and some of you new fans wont understand which is fine with me. With that said, GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Thank God...another real fan.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Just a fan that understands that we will be ok. I have more faith in this program than I have had in years. Woolard is going to make sure that we will be ok, so I am not going to panic and give up on them.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

CoolBull Come On,

I am staying out of all MAC arguments, etc. for now because I was castrated in the chat last night for giving a negative opinion of the team's performance.

However, "A REAL FAN" that's just complete and utter Bullskit. I know Randy (flasportsfan) and I know his commitment to USF. Yes, I don't agree completely with what he says and his constant ******** of the basketball program is annoying as hell. However, just because one disagrees with what's going on and bitches about it doens't remove them from being a Bulls fan.

Lets be fair hear, it's a freaking message board and people are entitled to their opinions. Even if they beat the horse to death or it's the most positive post ever either way both sides are delusional at this point.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this program is one than you can be proud of. no players sitting in the stands, or walking off during the games ect.

the talent level is improving (albeit slower than we would like)

you get a team that plays HARD every night, no excuses.

the wins/ losses will take care of themselves.

mac has built a solid foundation, will he get time to built the house only time will tell.

If mac does leave at the end of the year the new coach will not find the cupboard bare nor will he have to cleanhouse to reestablish deciplin.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
CoolBull Come On,

I am staying out of all MAC arguments, etc. for now because I was castrated in the chat last night for giving a negative opinion of the team's performance.

However, "A REAL FAN" that's just complete and utter Bullskit. I know Randy (flasportsfan) and I know his commitment to USF. Yes, I don't agree completely with what he says and his constant ******** of the basketball program is annoying as hell. [highlight]However, just because one disagrees with what's going on and bitches about it doens't remove them from being a Bulls fan. [/highlight]

[highlight]Lets be fair hear, it's a freaking message board and people are entitled to their opinions. Even if they beat the horse to death or it's the most positive post ever either way both sides are delusional at this point[/highlight].

Good points, Joe.