Time to make a deal!!!!

Bull Matrix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

KL,

And to add to that, USF is in no positon to look down at anyone. I swear that some of us USF fans think we are some kind of basketball power at times.  If we ever do crack the top 25 in my lifetime then I will understand on how we can look down at schools like UNLV and Texas A&M CC. Sometimes you just have to know where you stand to make these losses hurt less.

Agree with everything you said, and being a member in the Big East, USF definitely has a shot at reaching Top 25 status someday, but like others last winter, USF might of had a very recent shot IF USF would of hired Huggins.

Think about it...Huggins has the #1 rated recruiting class in the NATION in just his first year at Kansas State!!!

Kansas State is located in the "wasteland" in the middle of KANSAS! (aka, middle of NO WHERE!)

Imagine what he could of done at USF, in TAMPA?

Opportunity is definitely there for USF...but I think it will have to take the "right" Coach to take the program to Top 25 and back to the NCAA's.

"right" Coach names please...make them affordable too :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight_Light

• Bull Matrix

• BULLfreak

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

KL,

And to add to that, USF is in no positon to look down at anyone. I swear that some of us USF fans think we are some kind of basketball power at times.  If we ever do crack the top 25 in my lifetime then I will understand on how we can look down at schools like UNLV and Texas A&M CC. Sometimes you just have to know where you stand to make these losses hurt less.

Agree with everything you said, and being a member in the Big East, USF definitely has a shot at reaching Top 25 status someday, but like others last winter, USF might of had a very recent shot IF USF would of hired Huggins.

Think about it...Huggins has the #1 rated recruiting class in the NATION in just his first year at Kansas State!!!

Kansas State is located in the "wasteland" in the middle of KANSAS! (aka, middle of NO WHERE!)

Imagine what he could of done at USF, in TAMPA?

Opportunity is definitely there for USF...but I think it will have to take the "right" Coach to take the program to Top 25 and back to the NCAA's.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

wHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. USF would have exciting basketball.

exciting basketball

Now that is an oxymoron if I have ever seen one... like "military intelligence" or "jumbo shrimp" or "Coach Greenberg" ...

Perhaps USF should field a paint drying team... or a grass growing team...

::)  ::)  :P  :P  ::)  ::)  :P  :P

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Nevada isn't bad. They've made the past couple big dances. But you're right, other than Shawn Marion, who was the last superstar out of UNLV? Larry Grandmama Johnson?

Marcus Banks was a lottery pick about 3 years ago for UNLV.  

Knight dont mention Huggins on this board they will move the thread to the General sports forum, because a few people think there was zero truth to the rumor, but it was all over the local news, but hey what do they know.  The crazy part is some on this board are so stubborn and blind that even today they would still say they want mac over huggins, who has 2 of the top 6 projected nba picks coming to Manhattan next year.  (manhattan, kansas that is not new york.)

I would much rather have transfers, walkons and 2 start recruits and an empty sundome anyday too.  please/

ps the wheels on the Mac bandwagon are so far off is doesn not matter if we win or lose to unlv.  The usf bball bandwagon has never left it is the guy steering it who is screwing it all up.  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

How about this. If USF beats UNLV tonight then the Mac hater need to step up and appologize for what they think. If USF happens to lose tonight then we can say that you can keep posting your negative crap. How about that?? A USF win will get you people back on this bandwagon for sure.

They will point out that 1 win does not reverse four years of "bad basketball"...

Of course, to me, all basketball has been "bad" since about 1994... when players stopped actually learning things like dribbling and passing and free throw shooting... and started playing streetball.  I blame the "ESPN-ification" of the sport.  Where else do you see a player, his team down by 30, make a slam dunk and then pose/scream??  Uh, buddy - that was an okay dunk, but you're still gonna lose the game.  STFU and go back down the court.

ESPN is to blame for basketball's decline both in college and the NBA...... well them and the **** And 1 tour which ESPN show way to much

the game USF needs to win to show they might be able to do something in the BE is the Mizzo game this friday

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Nevada isn't bad. They've made the past couple big dances. But you're right, other than Shawn Marion, who was the last superstar out of UNLV? Larry Grandmama Johnson?

Knight dont mention Huggins on this board they will move the thread to the General sports forum, because a few people think there was zero truth to the rumor, but it was all over the local news, but hey what do they know.  The crazy part is some on this board are so stubborn and blind that even today they would still say they want mac over huggins, who has 2 of the top 6 projected nba picks coming to Manhattan next year.  (manhattan, kansas that is not new york.)

I would much rather have transfers, walkons and 2 start recruits and an empty sundome anyday too.  please/

ps the wheels on the Mac bandwagon are so far off is doesn not matter if we win or lose to unlv.  The usf bball bandwagon has never left it is the guy steering it who is screwing it all up.  

Herman, it has become painfully obvious that you don't get it and never will.  You find me one person that is happy with losing (provide proof).  The ones of us that don't want Huggins, don't thin that way because we believe CRM is a better coach or recruiter.  I don't want him, because I don't want Huggins.  I wanted a team I can be proud of in ways that transend basketball.  I want us to win just as much as the next guy.  I want kids to get excited about playing at USF, not get excited about playing for Huggins.  When Huggins leaves K-State, they will slide back to where they were.

Is CRM the guy that can build the kind of program that I want at USF?  I'm having my doubts, but I'm willing to let this season play out.  I mentioned it on another thread.  Who thinks the football team that we are sending to Birmingham is anything like the team that played McNeese State?  I'm willing to give this team some time to gell.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

now what? :-/

Growing the darkside is Yes

Yoda_dagobah.jpg

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Herman, it has become painfully obvious that you don't get it and never will.  You find me one person that is happy with losing (provide proof).  The ones of us that don't want Huggins, don't thin that way because we believe CRM is a better coach or recruiter.  I don't want him, because I don't want Huggins.  I wanted a team I can be proud of in ways that transend basketball.  I want us to win just as much as the next guy.  I want kids to get excited about playing at USF, not get excited about playing for Huggins.  When Huggins leaves K-State, they will slide back to where they were.

In reality, most kids GO to a certain school solely BECAUSE of the Coach!

I don't think you will find many top rated kids that WANT to go to USF (or UCF) regardless of the Coach.

Coach K "is" DUKE.

Calipari IS Memphis.

Think any kids REALLY want to play basketball in Lubbock, TX? No...they go there ONLY because of Bob Knight.

Did Huggins good teams at Cinci REALLY want to ONLY go to Cinci...regardless if he was there or not?

No...they went to Cinci BECAUSE of Huggins.

Because its soooo much easier (still hard) to turn around a hoop program with only 14-15 players on roster...especially now that the 5/8 rule is no longer (can sign as many every year...as long as your total scholarships remain in limits), a Hoop Coach is probably the most important, influential coach in college sports.

Sure, Huggins would of cost more than RMC, but its the $$$ that he would bring in.

At Kansas State...they have SOLD OUT their season tickets for the first time in history (13,000), basically DOUBLE what they sold last year (6,750).

KSU also sold out 25 new courtside side seats at $4,400 each.

KSU for the first time is looking at adding new suites/loge boxes for even more revenue.

Heck, Huggins got Nike to bump up their new contract to KSU to over $12 Million. Huggins brings in the $$$$$.

Believe KSU got Huggins on the "cheap" (only $800,000 guaranteed per year), as KSU has WELL surpassed his contracts with Millions of new revenue pouring into the program.

Here's a look at KSU's contract with Huggins:

Bob Huggins

• Base salary: $180,000

• Guaranteed: $800,000

• Maximum: $1,205,000

• Length: Five years

• Noteworthy clause: Huggins receives a $1 million annuity if he remains at Kansas State for the full five years of his initial contract. Should he depart before May 1, 2008, he will have to pay back a $30,000 signing bonus.