CJL GETS ANOTHER BIG GUY TO COME TO USF

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

If you want a comparision of how good McClain is then look at this link.  He's playing in an All-American All-Star game this month in Shrevport, LA.  ...

SHREVEPORT, La. -- The 2007 High School All-American Bowl Game Classic will be played on Friday, Jan. 5, 2007 at 4 p.m. in the Independence Stadium in Shreveport, La.

[highlight]It will be televised nationally on FOX Sports. [/highlight]

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Bullpride08

• Bull Dozer

• dabull80

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
speed with little skill and deciplin is useless

[highlight]he needs one more year to relearn his punishing sure tackling skills from his freshman year.[/highlight]

he could move from last two rounds to first day and $millions by staying..

hope he is getting good advice.

nicholas did and i hope it pays off big for him

Where do some of you come up with this stuff...'little skill' are you crazy?  This kid has led USF in passes defended for two straight years all the while typically covering the oppositions best receiver.

As it stands if Jenkins came out there's a chance he would get selected ahead of Nicholas.

I agree with the highlighted portion.  Jenkins was not only a sure tackler as a freshman, but he was at times a punishing hitter.  

He's got plenty of pass defending skills, definitely.

But when did he decide to become a Deion Sanders-like tackler??  And why??

So I hope he stays for his final year.  It would be great for us and for him, I believe.

Maybe we move Jeremia Warren and Dampier to the Offensive side?

I think Warren is already penciled in at OC ... but as we know - especially with the big guys ... time and NEED will tell.

Go BULLS !!!  [smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

speed with little skill and deciplin is useless

[highlight]he needs one more year to relearn his punishing sure tackling skills from his freshman year.[/highlight]

he could move from last two rounds to first day and $millions by staying..

hope he is getting good advice.

nicholas did and i hope it pays off big for him

Where do some of you come up with this stuff...'little skill' are you crazy?  This kid has led USF in passes defended for two straight years all the while typically covering the oppositions best receiver.

As it stands if Jenkins came out there's a chance he would get selected ahead of Nicholas.

I agree with the highlighted portion.  Jenkins was not only a sure tackler as a freshman, but he was at times a punishing hitter.  

He's got plenty of pass defending skills, definitely.

But when did he decide to become a Deion Sanders-like tackler??  And why??

So I hope he stays for his final year.  It would be great for us and for him, I believe.

It really would be great for USF one way or the other.  If he leaves early that means his draft status is probably 3rd round or less, and maybe an outside shot at a late 1st- no BS that's what 4.3 speed gets you.  He goes real early that also is great for USF, have two starting corners that are first day picks in the NFL- Henry and Jenkins.  Good story to tell recruits.

I'd hate to see him go, but Gilliam is faster.  I still don't know where some of you think he's Sanders?  Jenkins has had some sticks this year, the pop on Cornish behind the line, or Kinder against Pitt.  The real point is 6ft corners that run a 4.3 don't grow on trees.

Henry was Day 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

First pick on day 2 I believe.

And he was one of our first BIG Name recruits, he turned down Nebraska to be a BULL !

Hope we can wait until 2008 to Thank You  ;)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

sure tackler?

when somene was breaking away from the entire defense--- you could always count on Mike Jenkins to catch him from behind and bring him down-- saving a TD.

But no-- let's focus on the whatever negative crap you negative idiots find so important. THe NFL couldn't care less if he was a dominating tackler--- he will play corner back and be expected to run down players, stick with the fatest players on the field-- not show people he can hit like **** Butkus. Some of you jokers are just unbelievable.

ungrateful people-- Mike Jenkins has been there since day one busting ass. He has earned his stripes and I wish him well whatever he decides. I love these people talking about sure tackling as if they even know how to make a **** tackle themselves. I wouldn't mind having him around one more year but f he can jump early and make it-- so much the better FOR HIM. Why risk getting hurt next season and never getting NFL money? He has a family to think about.

His tackling was poor this year minus a big hit here and there.  And yes i can tackle i logged 85 plus tackles every season i played in high school.  Hate to break it to you unless you ARE Deion and can literally shut down a quarter of the field you have to be able to tackle, especially in the open field.  Also Jenkins does need a little more technique work and is a tad slow coming out of his back peddal transitioning to running with WR's.  He runs a legit 4.3 but at times doesnt play that fast.  I think at this point he would be a mid round pick but a good combine would put him in the first day if he decided to come out.  Him and Snake are both in the same boat all the physical tools in the world they just need to prove it in person to scouts and they should be fist day picks.  however if Jenkins comes back and has a great year next year works on and improves some of the weaker spots in his game he very well could be a 1st-2nd round pick.  Also when you evaluate a player in terms of draft status you have to evaulate his strengths AND weaknesses (or negative crap as you call it) in order to give them a proper grade.  You really got thin skin man you need to toughen up or when our program really explodes and starts producing LOTS of 1st day picks your gunna hate draft time because there will be LOTS of talk about BOTH strengths and weaknesses of our players.  You gotta take it for what it is the skill set and physical attributes of a great college player arent always what makes a great NFL player.  That wont change the fact that they were great as a bull but sometimes even the best college players cant make the transistion to the NFL.    

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

and we heard the same stuff about Andre Hall-- and that worked out so well for hi now didn't it?

Mikes situatuin is in now way comparable to Andre's.  One is a Junior who has all the physical tools for his position (seize speed) has been great for all 3 years so far and is exploring leaving early the other was a JC transfer who only had 2 productive div 1 years and  was considered to be lacking the phyiscal tools (size) and whose main problem from what i understand is picking up on NFL playbooks and offensive systems.  Hardly comparable.  

per Mel's ESPN chat today:

Mel Kiper: (1:24 PM ET ) It would be ridiculous to me to hear anything from the underclassmen about them leaving before their bowl game. You don't want anything to deter from the focus on the bowl game. If you're asked, you just say right now I'm staying. They're not misleading anyone.