Can someone help me out on driving directions??

flipflop4900

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  0

Flipper:

Take the I-10 to 231 route.  231 is a nice four lane highway.  Yes, the Gen. is right, you must slow down for the towns (especially Ozark, AL), but between towns it is a 65 mph highway.  When you get to Montgomery, you turn left on South Blvd. and it will take you straight out to I-65.  We take this route down from Illinois every year for the holidays.

I also recommend that those going this way from Tampa area consider taking the new Suncoast Parkway toll road to Brooksville and take 19 north to Monticello.  It chops off a big chunk of I-10.

Normal

on the suncoast parkway, you have to pay almost $5 for an hour drive...it's BS

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

When we played Alabama we took 75 through Atlanta without problems. We returned via the 231 and it just never seemed to stop with the small town speed limit changes/traffic lights etc.  Give me a good highway with everyone doing 80mph and no traffic lights anyday.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

BDYZR,

can you give me a link for the directions you are talking about on mapquest or something??  THANKS BRO!

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Unless you are extremly lucky you are going to spend just as much time sitting in traffic in Hotlanta as you would slowing down in the towns through 231... not to mention it doubles if there is an accident or three like there usually is.

When we played Alabama we took 75 through Atlanta without problems. We returned via the 231 and it just never seemed to stop with the small town speed limit changes/traffic lights etc.  Give me a good highway with everyone doing 80mph and no traffic lights anyday.  

There is no perfect way if there are problems.  It is really 6 of one and half dozen of another.  I agree with Rizzo that any time saved by going 75 will be lost in Atlanta -- meaning that without any accidents -- either route would take the same amount of time.