Anyone listen to Woolard at halftime??

Bull Matrix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I hope we have 5k in the stands for the bowl game. Im very thankful of the fans that we do have who are making the trip. I know many fans that I would consider to be die-hards not going to this game, so 5k in the stands would be at least decent.  

Home game attendance was not where I thought it should be for a good team from such a large school.  However, thanks goes out to all the fans who have supported the Bulls.

I hope we have 5k in the stands for the bowl game. Im very thankful of the fans that we do have who are making the trip. I know many fans that I would consider to be die-hards not going to this game, so 5k in the stands would be at least decent.  

Home game attendance was not where I thought it should be for a good team from such a large school.  However, thanks goes out to all the fans who have supported the Bulls.

59% of students at the Tampa campus have never attended a sporting event... 17% of the students at the Tampa campus NEVER want to attend a sporting event...

Just a couple of numbers to think about.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

He stated that the ticket sales for the bowl game this season has been more positive than last season. WTF??? Does he know something that we dont??

Yes in fact, he does. You see, he's the one IN CHARGE of everything.

Besides what Bien said about the date of the game, I agree with everything he said. The date comes into play, yes, but it CAN be done for those who's Christmas plans involve Christmas Eve at mom/grandmas house. Start driving after the game is over and you get home in the middle of the night sunday morning. Wait till early sunday morning(like us), and get home in the middle of the afternoon sunday. Make it happen, folks. Make it happen.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Also, I really dont think Woolard would be negative on a halftime show about bowl ticket sales. He didnt mention any numbers which tells me he may not be all that happy with it. He just seemed to be stay positive by saying that the response has been more positive than last season because USF fans didnt know how to react at going to the first bowl game.

That's pretty much a common sense approach to it. You wouldn't go on the air and

complain that the product isn't moving. Besides, I don't know - for certain - what sort

of target USF had for this bowl game. I'm sure they kicked around a lot of the issues

we've hit on this board, and probably planned accordingly.

It's just business.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

He stated that the ticket sales for the bowl game this season has been more positive than last season. WTF??? Does he know something that we dont??

Yes in fact, he does. You see, he's the one IN CHARGE of everything.

Besides what Bien said about the date of the game, I agree with everything he said. [highlight]The date comes into play, yes, but it CAN be done for those who's Christmas plans involve Christmas Eve at mom/grandmas house. [/highlight]Start driving after the game is over and you get home in the middle of the night sunday morning. Wait till early sunday morning(like us), and get home in the middle of the afternoon sunday. Make it happen, folks. Make it happen.

A lot of the people who traveled to last years game are the moms and grandmas who host Christmas Eve at their homes...if they travel to the pizza bowl.....there will be NO Christmas Eve for the Shoops and Mag Pies of the world to come home to.   Others are dads, grandpas, and children who actually help mom and grandma rather than just plop their asses down and stuff their faces.

Ho! Ho! Ho! and a Merry Christmas.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Shoop, I'm sorry but if you think it will be  aswift drive after the game or even on Sunday you're in for bad news. The roads will be packed and you're losing an hour you're looking at 10+ hour drive home.

I'm glad you are afforded the opportunity to drive up and I commend you for it. But for a lot of people it is not feasible, especially those with kids.

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think Sunday will be as bad as Friday for driving.  Most people will already be at their destination by Christmas EVE, so I'm not anticipating a horrendous traffic day.  Just in case, we'll still leave early because we have to throw a party that night.  As for Friday..........we're leaving around 5 AM so I'm hoping we'll miss alot of it by leaving that early.  Plus we'll be pumped up about the game, so it will be easier if we hit traffic going up rather than when we come back.