Anyone listen to Woolard at halftime??

Bull Matrix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

He stated that the ticket sales for the bowl game this season has been more positive than last season. WTF??? Does he know something that we dont?? He stated that he was pleased with the response from the USF fans about going to Birmingham, so I am not sure if he was partying too much in Vegas or what.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He stated that the ticket sales for the bowl game this season has been more positive than last season. WTF??? Does he know something that we dont?? He stated that he was pleased with the response from the USF fans about going to Birmingham, so I am not sure if he was partying too much in Vegas or what.

You know, I was thinking that the ticket office might be sandbagging their numbers a bit to get more added tickets sold and to get fans to more aggressively market to friends and family...for prides sake.  I sure hope our actual numbers exceed 6,000.  That's still not par with major programs but exceeding our prior bowl attendance would show some improvement. :)

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Well, they kept saying we were ahead of last year's 6,200 pace.  Maybe they are sandbagging to get the ticket numbers up.

To me, getting 6k at this game would be huge. I know that Leavitt wanted 10k, but he needs to be realistic about this bowl game. I think USF will build on this, so I am no longer worried. Woolard said that USF fans are better prepared this season compared to last because we have been through it before. It can only get better in the long run as I see a big season next year. Cant wait.

Also, I really dont think Woolard would be negative on a halftime show about bowl ticket sales. He didnt mention any numbers which tells me he may not be all that happy with it. He just seemed to be stay positive by saying that the response has been more positive than last season because USF fans didnt know how to react at going to the first bowl game.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

did he say anything about buy 1 ticket get 10 free for home basketball games? ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Days Won:  6

He sure did make it sound like we were well ahead of last year's 6,200.  Maybe he chose his words VERY carefully to be positive.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

You've got to put things in perspective comparing bowls from last year to this year.  Given the opponent and time of the game if we sell 6,200 that's MORE impressive then selling 6,200 last year.  That to me shows a growing strong fan base.

I mentioned before but the final two home games were noon games and the last time we did that was in 2004 and the attendance was horrendous.  This year it was much more solid closer to 30k on both.  To me that showed an improvement in our attendance and fan support two years earlier we could barely get 15k in the stands for each of those noon games.  Had those games been played at 7pm I feel confident each would have been over 35k, particularly the homecoming game.  The same logic holds true with this bowl, last year was a New Years Eve game, in a nice city, with a nice bowl, and a great opponent and our first bowl so it was a symbolic event and we sent 5000, and sold 6,200.  This year in a less inspiring opponent, city, bowl, and an awful date a day before x-mas eve, and we'll probably equal the ticket sales of last year.

Baby steps folks there's plenty to be excited about but sometimes you've got to analyze things past the pure numbers.

Bien,

Another thing to consider is that our fan base is not really all that old right now. Once we get a lot of retired USF fans then I would expect that the traveling fan base will increase much higher. Schools like Bama, UL, WVU, and UF have the luxury of the retired alumni that were fans all their lives. To be honest, I have a hard time right now getting off work to get to these away events. If I were retired, I would be a most of the road games because they are fun as hell. I am planning on making the Auburn game next season, so I need to make sure that I get that Friday off to travel. I think we will be fine as long as we continue to win.