The way I define "support" for your team.

E.T.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

[highlight]we aren't good[/highlight]?

Oh......haven't you heard???  It turns out we are good after all!!

And I thought we progressed . . .  ::)

That actually wasn't a reference to you, E.T.  That was more a reference to our guys like Rezz and Co.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Bull Matrix

• flsportsfan83

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,260
  • Days Won:  29

I guess I am use to being a lightning rod for hate  ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Also helps traffic on this message board.  Seriously though, everyone wants to get rid of McCullum, but they never come up with a name that will replace them. They should at least make it more interesting, so that we will have better debates.

it is easier to tear down and destroy than to build up and be constructive.

we are here at this point now...darksiders why not throw some "Affordable" hot replacement coaches names out there for discussion.

Guest wildrover

E.T. I'm afraid you're not gonna win this one.  You asking how saying the team sucks helps is something of a straw man isn't?  It doesn't change the fact that the team does suck and is in some dire need of some real help and has been in that boat for a while.  

No saying the team sucks doesn't help, neither does saying they are great or that they will win the NC, go to the NIT or that CRM will win BE coach of the year.  This is a freakin message board.  NOTHING that gets said here helps one way or the other.  If recruits and players read this board then lets hope they have a thin skin cause until this board turns into Boneyard Banter where all you can say is nice things, then there will always be criticism of the things that go wrong.  Its like that on every other message board for every other school.  Listen to a.m. sports talk lately, no different, how bout read the papers, no different.  Truth be told, when a team is doing poorly people notice and say as much, when they do well, people notice and say as much.  

What helps is a good coach and disciplined players working out a good game plan and practicing that game plan and on game day giving it their all.  The day somebody saying "We Suck" on a message board gets in the way of those other preparatory steps is the day we really really need to look at how our teams are being run. JMHO

Guest JulmisteForPrez
E.T. I'm afraid you're not gonna win this one.  You asking how saying the team sucks helps is something of a straw man isn't?  It doesn't change the fact that the team does suck and is in some dire need of some real help and has been in that boat for a while.  

No saying the team sucks doesn't help, neither does saying they are great or that they will win the NC, go to the NIT or that CRM will win BE coach of the year.  This is a freakin message board.  NOTHING that gets said here helps one way or the other.  If recruits and players read this board then lets hope they have a thin skin cause until this board turns into Boneyard Banter where all you can say is nice things, then there will always be criticism of the things that go wrong.  Its like that on every other message board for every other school.  Listen to a.m. sports talk lately, no different, how bout read the papers, no different.  Truth be told, when a team is doing poorly people notice and say as much, when they do well, people notice and say as much.  

What helps is a good coach and disciplined players working out a good game plan and practicing that game plan and on game day giving it their all.  The day somebody saying "We Suck" on a message board gets in the way of those other preparatory steps is the day we really really need to look at how our teams are being run. JMHO

Now how on earth can you argue with that??

Brilliant post, wildrover.  Bravo.  

Time for all of us to do a reality check on this stuff.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,300
  • Days Won:  490

Heard the Elvis song on Sirius on my way home from a late night of work

"Wise men say only fools rush in..."

And I thought, wow, wonder that message board looks like right now...

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Heard the Elvis song on Sirius on my way home from a late night of work

"Wise men say only fools rush in..."

And I thought, wow, wonder that message board looks like right now...

While that is funny, Brad (and it is), I feel the need to point out (once again) that we are not basing our criticism of Coach Mac on just this game (nor any other single game).  This is the FOURTH SEASON of consistently bad basketball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,260
  • Days Won:  29

... bad basketball.

7-2  ;)

Guest JulmisteForPrez
... bad basketball.

7-2  ;)

You're right, ET.

With wins against such illustrious programs as Winston Salem State & Stetson (woo-hoo!!), and losses to powerhouses such as TAMUCC and Richmond!!

"Ceeeeelllll-ebrate good times, COME ON!!  We're celebratin'."

Guest wildrover

Didn't we go like 5-0 at the beginning of last year too?  That 7-2 record is actually bad considering we are a Big East Team, there is no excuse for not being 9-0 right now and even that would have me wondering and waiting for the Big East season to start since we really still don't know what this team is made of.