Who thinks CRM is still Big East COY Material?

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

7-2 is a loser?

give me a decent team we have beaten.  tell me how losing to richmond and TAMCC is acceptable?  and TAMCC 2 years in a row?  

you know, we'll most likely win more big east games this year...afterall, it's easy to improve upon just winning 1, but it doesnt look good right now.

i'll be going to the wake game though, so that should be fun.  i'll miss the probable loss against missouri state because of the bowl game.

as for USF not being a basketball school, that's worse to say than our coach should be fired.  we've done more in basketball than football.  the budget can be set by the school, so that's no excuse.  also, it's up to the school to do the best with the money you are given.  we should be doing better than the schools we are playing that are smaller than us.

should be an interesting season.

this is our 10th season in football.  very easy to do more in basketball over the years.

let me know when you have a valid arguement.

cocky, aren't you?  tell me why, then, in so short a time, the football team is improving so much and the basketball team seems to have gotten worse in recent years than it used to be?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flsportsfan83

• Matt

• Brad

• Bull Matrix

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

7-2 is a loser?

give me a decent team we have beaten.  tell me how losing to richmond and TAMCC is acceptable?  and TAMCC 2 years in a row?  

you know, we'll most likely win more big east games this year...afterall, it's easy to improve upon just winning 1, but it doesnt look good right now.

i'll be going to the wake game though, so that should be fun.  i'll miss the probable loss against missouri state because of the bowl game.

as for USF not being a basketball school, that's worse to say than our coach should be fired.  we've done more in basketball than football.  the budget can be set by the school, so that's no excuse.  also, it's up to the school to do the best with the money you are given.  we should be doing better than the schools we are playing that are smaller than us.

should be an interesting season.

this is our 10th season in football.  very easy to do more in basketball over the years.

let me know when you have a valid arguement.

cocky, aren't you?  tell me why, then, in so short a time, the football team is improving so much and the basketball team seems to have gotten worse in recent years than it used to be?

THEY HAVE NO RESPONCE

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

The attendence under Greenberg's last few years was around 3k to 4k. People stopped caring during Greenberg's last two years at USF because it was the same old story and sales pitch from him.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,316
  • Days Won:  490

I hear you Brad....

Only thing is, for some of these guys, "later" will never come.  They will say, "you can criticize and complain after the season," but then when the season is over and we have proven to be one of if not THE worst team in the BE, they won't want to hear it then either!  We'll get reamed for voicing our displeasure at any time of the year.

I don't agree and here is why

1)  the people that offer a dissenting view in a mature way do not irritate those still willing to see what CRM can do (many members have voiced displeasure in a mature and respectful manner - their comments are not viewed negatively and in fact create good conversation).  It's the few perched on the closest branch that look to swoop in as soon as possible with a "I was right and you are wrong" or "we suck" whenever something doesn't go the Bulls' way and then proceed to insult the program, its coaches, players and fans.  Those sorts of people will only find happiness with an immediate validation of their viewpoint.  That is what turns people off to flsportsfan83 and his ilk.  That problem will likely not go away.  The mature dissent is welcomed and debated.  The "waaaah" crowd is just tolerated.

2)  however, more importantly, as the season plays on, if things do go as poorly as you and others project, then you'll certainly have more people cross over to your way of thinking - making the end of the season a perfect time to have this conversation - there would be more numbers in your favor and the record will have been written.

Makes sense to me.  If I were among the dissenters, I'd eloquently state my objections and criticisms, all the while hoping for the best and allowing the season to play out.  Repetitive maligning of the program, coaches, players, etc. just decreases the value that one brings to a post.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

I dont agree Brad and here is why:

This is a message board not a thesis statement.  noone is trying to add validity in their posts.  They are posting opinions.  Maybe you guys should stop caring about what everyone else thinks about what you post and post what you really feel.  I mean big brother cant have you this convinced this coach will ever exceed mediocracy.  I mean i love hearing the 4 years isnt enought to judge....really?  are you serious?  The guy is far away from mediocracy and you want to give him more years to get there so YOU can say "I was right and you were wrong".  Well bulls fans, that will never happen.  The guy just keeps burying himself in a bigger and deeper ditch with these embarassing losses.  Who would play for a big east team that loses to richmond and texas corpus crispy cream twice?  I know I wouldnt as a recruit.  

Plain and simple the program is a joke, now i know that isnt as witty as what some of the boys on this board would say, but it is exactly what most people at usf and EVERYONE outside of usf thinks about us.  when will you realize?  

PS I question some of your guys dedication to winning,I guess you guys cant wait for football season next year and the pizza bowl.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

All i got to say about this is Buffalo is not a bad team.  They took Pitt to the wire.  So whoever was making fun of Buffalo needs to check their facts.  Bad loss last night but there are more games to be played.  Yes I know we didn't play Buffalo last night.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,316
  • Days Won:  490

Hermie, you angry guys confuse the (my) desire to allow the season to  be played (which it will be) with some kind of sworn support of CRM or USF.  It's called knowing which battles to fight.  Ranting and ravng as you did throughout last spring and will clearly continue to do will have no bearing on the issue and may only make you look a little, well...you know what I mean...

No one in their right mind will stand up and say we're happy with the program over the last four years - or 12 years for that matter.  You confuse issues.  Because one does not join in on the bashing does not mean one is under the control of big brother or little sister - or are happy with losing - they are only under the control of themselves and not wreaking havoc under the cover of message board anonymity.

I dont agree Brad and here is why:

This is a message board not a thesis statement.  noone is trying to add validity in their posts.  They are posting opinions.  Maybe you guys should stop caring about what everyone else thinks about what you post and post what you really feel.  I mean big brother cant have you this convinced this coach will ever exceed mediocracy.  I mean i love hearing the 4 years isnt enought to judge....really?  are you serious?  The guy is far away from mediocracy and you want to give him more years to get there so YOU can say "I was right and you were wrong".  Well bulls fans, that will never happen.  The guy just keeps burying himself in a bigger and deeper ditch with these embarassing losses.  Who would play for a big east team that loses to richmond and texas corpus crispy cream twice?  I know I wouldnt as a recruit.  

Plain and simple the program is a joke, now i know that isnt as witty as what some of the boys on this board would say, but it is exactly what most people at usf and EVERYONE outside of usf thinks about us.  when will you realize?  

PS I question some of your guys dedication to winning,I guess you guys cant wait for football season next year and the pizza bowl.  

Herm...

In any discussion, there those whose opinions are respected, even if readers disagree with them. Those who have earned respect have done so because their posts show that they have reached a well-informed opinion and have done their best to state their position without resorting to insults or immature tactics.  (I am speaking in general, not about any specific poster.)

Being eloquent in your posts means that people will actually read what you say.  Otherwise, it becomes so much "noise" that is merely filtered out by many members here.  I know I skip posts from some people here because they provide nothing - in fact they waste my time reading them so their posting is actually taking something from me.

I usually tune out after football season is over, so the Dark Side - Light Side argument will live on without me.  I don't care so much that people criticize the team, I just wish people would do so from an informed position and at least offer some kind of honest reason why they are so negative.

Finally, even if USF went undefeated, a large number of people 'ouside of USF' would still look down at us and say that were suck.  It's the nature of sport to root against everyone but your team.  The Sheriff will never say that the Gators are a good team, despite winning the National Championship (BBall) last year or playing for the National Championship this year (FBall).

JMHO

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

Jim,

What do you need to be informed about with respect to Coach Mac and his resume?

Jim,

What do you need to be informed about with respect to Coach Mac and his resume?

First, let me say I am not a CRM apologist.  I think he probably needs go after this season.  My problem is the way people here come on after a loss with their "See! See! I told you so." responses - but after a win it's like "So what..."

Can't really have it both ways.

Second, I don't think any reasonable person can blame CRM completely for what has happened in his first three seasons.  There is no one on the planet that could do better, given the circumstances (defections and injuries), that USF could afford to pay.  Sure, Pat Riley could come in and be a great coach, but that just isn't reasonable.