The Great Stadium Debate continues . . .

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

citizens are stupid for allowing this to happen

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Kyle

• 80mins

• Bull Matrix

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

you all need to quit complaining about the Glazers.  I've been a Bucs fan before I was a Bulls fan (mainly because Bulls football didn't exist when i was growing up) and I thank the Glazers for everything they've done.  Compared to Hugh Culverhouse, malcolm is a god.  Granted, the new NFL rules of salary cap have help equal the playing field for small market teams, when the Glazers assembled the front office during the dungy era, it showed that they really wanted a winning product on the field.

now, as for how it relates to USF and how he has a sweet deal, why would you blame him?  it's not like malcolm held a gun to USF's head and forced us to sign it.  USF agreed to that contract and through it all, has gotten to the BCS.  also, if it weren't for the bucs, i don't think tampa would be the big football town that it stands today.

it's funny how those who are Anti-getting-an-OCS are the same people that use the whole 'we can use the ray jay as a recruiting tool' as another argument.  the crappy deal we're getting from the glazers is also helping us recruit better (as some of you claim) and keeping most of you from complaining about chairs with no backs and no cupholders.

i've been a proponent of an OCS for the exact reason of this article.  ya ya ya, blah blah blah, about we don't have money right now.  i understand that.  but while i wait, i'm not gonna ***** about the crappy deal we have with the glazers.  

most dont understand the world of business

glazers are doing what is best for the glazers

the wussy politicos of tampa let them get away with it

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

you all need to quit complaining about the Glazers.  I've been a Bucs fan before I was a Bulls fan (mainly because Bulls football didn't exist when i was growing up) and I thank the Glazers for everything they've done.  Compared to Hugh Culverhouse, malcolm is a god.  Granted, the new NFL rules of salary cap have help equal the playing field for small market teams, when the Glazers assembled the front office during the dungy era, it showed that they really wanted a winning product on the field.

now, as for how it relates to USF and how he has a sweet deal, why would you blame him?  it's not like malcolm held a gun to USF's head and forced us to sign it.  USF agreed to that contract and through it all, has gotten to the BCS.  also, if it weren't for the bucs, i don't think tampa would be the big football town that it stands today.

it's funny how those who are Anti-getting-an-OCS are the same people that use the whole 'we can use the ray jay as a recruiting tool' as another argument.  the crappy deal we're getting from the glazers is also helping us recruit better (as some of you claim) and keeping most of you from complaining about chairs with no backs and no cupholders.

i've been a proponent of an OCS for the exact reason of this article.  ya ya ya, blah blah blah, about we don't have money right now.  i understand that.  but while i wait, i'm not gonna ***** about the crappy deal we have with the glazers.  

most dont understand the world of business

glazers are doing what is best for the glazers

the wussy politicos of tampa let them get away with it

In one of those rare times in history (mark it down on the calendar), I agree with smazza.  The politicians in Tampa were willing to bend over and accept anything the Glazer's wanted in order to keep the Bucs in Tampa.  Since the Bucs are a business, the Glazer's took every advantage they could, because profits is what businesses seek.

I disagree with the deal USF has with the TSA, but that is something that is probably going to require political assistance to change, and can't simply be negotiated by USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Of course the taxpayers will build it...  They're stupid.  Before they voted to pay for that little troll's stadium, the taxpayers were asked for taxes to help out the F.D. and the P.D. which of course, they voted against.   Sure their houses will burn down, but hey, they can go watch a crappy team lose.

Actually, their houses won't burn down because money for the FD's and PD's were tagged on to the stadium vote .... so they can still go watch a crappy team lose but at least they won't come back to a well-done house, thanks to the little troll.   ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

I disagree with the deal USF has with the TSA, but that is something that is probably going to require political assistance to change, and can't simply be negotiated by USF.

And for the most part, a fair deal.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

What's "fair" (for USF) about USF's deal with TSA?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Fair is in the eye of the beholder.

Obviously - with only one venue in town and

constructing your own not a viable option -

the deal was obviously palatable to USF.

What was the university to do? Say, "No, there's

not enough revenue streams for us, so we'll

hold off on playing for a few years"?

Look...griping about the Glazers/TSA may be

good for your spleen, but the bottom line is

that until such time as construction starts, all

you have to do is tolerate the landlord, you

don't have to put them on the Christmas card

list.  8-)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

What's "fair" (for USF) about USF's deal with TSA?

The stadium is Tampa not in Orlando.

We get to play in a state of the art stadium for a lot less money than we could build and operate a first rate OCS stadium for.

Playing at the RJ was one of the major factors that allowed Bulls football to grow as rapidily as it did and gain entry into the BE.

Do you guys up in Toon Town know what BE means?  How about BCS?

Hint....$,$$$,$$$.$$