The Great Stadium Debate continues . . .

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

From the articles I've read, LA could care less about the NFL. The NFL would and will bend over backwards for LA.

I agree with rezz, smart business man. He convinced government and 51% of the VOTING public that he had a great idea.

Also, the economic impact to the Bay area is greater than the cost of the Glazers.

Bad deal, could be better, But, "It is what it is."

Just think, when we build Jim Leavitt Stadium, we can tell Malcolm and the boys to pound sand.

GO BULLS!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Kyle

• 80mins

• Bull Matrix

Top Posters In This Topic

and we have to thank him as USF fans.  if it wasnt for him we would be playing in the Old Bucs stadium and football in tampa would be a dead issue just like it is in Orlando.

i doubt we would have an OCS stadium under construction right now like UCF does.

USF would not be in the Big East without RayJay either.  However, I can say that Tampa Stadium was falling down.  Chances are that it would have been condemned if major repairs had not occurred by now.  USF might be playing in a 30,000-seat OCS in C-USA if not for Raymond James Stadium.

yea we dont make money off of our own home games and that sucks, but come on, glazers are smart businessmen.

USF makes money on home games.  25,000 tickets at $20 each (low end) is $500,000 - rent at RayJay is only $120,000 per game.  Not to mention the non-permanent advertising for USF games (McDonald's, Hooters, Kanes, CGM services, etc).

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

So how is USF football supposed to be a revenue generator for the school when they rent the stadium

(if i remember right more than $100,000/game) give up almost all revenue generated at the game..then the Glazers cant come off $12 mill when that wouldnt make a difference in their bank account....NO FU*KING WAY

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

The 12 million dollar indoor practice facility is all ready paid fo by the the tax payers.  They are trying to get approval to use the money they got and didn't use for the team headquarters.  So if the city lets them use that then the Glazers have it already.

Sadly for USF Glazer is smart, that why I hate him, he sees that USF has nowhere to go so he charges them a lot and gives them a bad deal.  Once our attendance gets higher it will be worse and the need for our own stadium will come out.  We can't afford as a university to keep lining the pockets of the Glazers.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

it is funny how everyone is so quick to refer to malcom as "evil"

the man is one name and one name only...."smart"

and we have to thank him as USF fans.  if it wasnt for him we would be playing in the Old Bucs stadium and football in tampa would be a dead issue just like it is in Orlando.

i doubt we would have an OCS stadium under construction right now like UCF does.

yea we dont make money off of our own home games and that sucks, but come on, glazers are smart businessmen.

12 mil for a indoor practice stadium is stupid.  this wont pass.  no way.

but come on, glazers saved football in tampa.  plain and simple...ask LA if they wish they gave Al Davis the same deal.

they would of said yes 100 million times by now.

"smart" and "evil" are often exactly the same thing... it just matters which side of the equation you're on.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  936

I'd LOVE more then ANYTHING to be in our own stadium..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

For those that call Glazer smart because of the stadium deal ... wait.

He was smart for dealings to get in the position to buy an NFL team.

It wasn't smart to know you hold the trump card and know that NFL fans would do anything to keep the team here. It's simple leverage he used, not smarts.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Can we clear up one thing...the voting public voted on the tax...but they did not broker the deal that gave away the farm.

tampa would be in trouble if the bucs left back in 97.  look at how much the crime rate has dropped.  and for those that think it has nothing to do with one another....

channelside would of never been built if rayjay stadium didnt go up.

international mall wouldnt exsist....

etc

You couldn't possibly believe this...could you? Do you also believe the universe rotates about raymond james stadium?

So without raymond james stadium, tampa would be a big slum, eh? Let me guess, they'd have bulldozed the airport, too?

You know what is a big shame? USF pumps more into the economy of Tampa Bay than anyone on a yearly basis...and raising the profile of USF only helps the area...yet for the most part we can't get a lick of support.