Gransberry & Verdejo.....

CoolBull1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

A couple things:

1 - Why is a man that weighs 270 lbs wearing #1? That's pretty funny...

2 - Check the minutes played in tonights game. How great is it to see that only ONE player played more than 30 min(31) and that NINE players played 10 minutes or more, except 1(who played 7 min).

Did anyone actually see the game? if so, are these legitimate, well-rounded Div 1 players, not like our current guys, god bless them, who aren't exactly prototypes (e.g. McHugh, no outside game, Buck, no physical presence, Capko, no quicks, Richardson, enough said....). Anyone see them play? at least to see interviews, these guys seem to have Div 1 physical assets, at least. Any thoughts?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Velcro

• Bull Matrix

• flsportsfan83

• BigShoop

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus is a pure scorer, smooth as silk from anywhere on the court... short game, long game... just a phenomenal scorer.

Kentrell is an instinctual rebounder with tremendous size.

His size also helps him inside.  Norfolk st had a big guy themselves... very strong forward/center.  Kentrell handled him on the offensive side.

FYI... the video last night, once it started running, was very good quality.  Play the WHNZ radio broadcast along with the press pass video and it is just great.

These 2 guys are the real deal.  and they help open up space for Buckley, which is going to help him tremendously.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

this comes from watching only half of the game but Verdejo looks smooth with a good midrange jumpshot a big guard and gransberry doesnt look like he will win any vertical jump competions but has a big body and know how to use it with good footwork

i guess will know more over the next few days

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I am sorry, but how can you sit there and state that USF does not have legit div 1 players on the team?? McHugh Mattis may be getting a look from the NBA, yet you think he has no business out on the court playing for USF?? It is time to give McCullum his due in that he has brought in some good players for USF that are not head cases. Bozeman has been amazing for a freshman too. Buckley has done well too, but you think that we dont have players. Look, I know you want McCullum out of here, but please dont make yourself look foolish in the process.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think we finally have a full starting lineup of true players.

Bozeman/Verdejo/Buckley/Mattis/Gransberry

is one tremendous lineup.

Add in Chris Howard and all of a sudden, we are 6 solid players deep.

I don't know about the NBA look for Mattis... that might be a stretch, but he is an integral part of this team... and they seem to play well together, in their first real game together.  I thought there would be a little rust, with the team not quite gelling... that lasted all of 5 minutes.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

I am sorry, but how can you sit there and state that USF does not have legit div 1 players on the team?? McHugh Mattis may be getting a look from the NBA, yet you think he has no business out on the court playing for USF?? It is time to give McCullum his due in that he has brought in some good players for USF that are not head cases. Bozeman has been amazing for a freshman too. Buckley has done well too, but you think that we dont have players. Look, I know you want McCullum out of here, but please dont make yourself look foolish in the process.

You're right, have you ever seen McHugh shoot a 15 foot jumper? a 10 footer?  drive to the hoop? a free throw??

I appreciate your counsel, but usf has had loads of these great rebounders who handle the ball like a hand grenade, but rebound like beasts - hakim, gary alexander, etc. i'm asking the question as to whether these guys are athletes like, say, UConn, Pitt, etc. starts?  I haven't seen Bozeman, but I was asking about Verdejo and Grandsberry, bozo.

McHugh has a better shot at the NFL than NBA, Mr. Colangelo, and I didn't say they have no business on the court for USF, either.  Buckley lobs up treys whenever he touches the ball and disappears in big games - we are the ellis island of transfers, give us whoever u don't want, and we'll take them.  Ridiculous post, man, save the risk of carpel tunnel.......p.s. I didn't even blast mac on my post, either, I'm hoping the guy succeeds, so why don't you get up off your knees, towel your face off and look at the guy objectively.

velcro,

You can bet that scouts are going to look at Mattis. He has the kind of game like Hakim Warrick has only that Warrick is a better outside shooter. If Mattis can improve his outside shooting then he has a shot because his is so **** quick under the rim. He will have plenty to prove once the BIG EAST schedule gets underway. If he can do well in the BIG EAST, it will help his chances just like it helped  Sol Jones last season. Being in the BIG EAST is really going to help our players in the long run because there are so many NBA caliber players in the conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

Mattis is the NBA and Coach RMC Big East Coach of the year. Just another day on thebullspen.com.

tampajoe,

Maybe if you change that "GO AWAY, MAC" in your avatar then I would believe that you are not a MAC hater. And didnt state that the current players are not DIV I caliber players (which included Bozeman)?? Dont worry because you will get plenty of times this season to stat that you are right because I dont see USF winning too many games in the BIG EAST this season. Sorry that I snapped at you, but you should never rip on the players like that by saying they are not DIV I caliber players.  I could understand if you stated that they are not BIG EAST caliber players thought. We are not there yet. The future does look much better though with Jesus, Gransberry, Bozeman, and hopefully Howard. I believe they are BIG EAST caliber players.

Funny, because I remember some USF fans stating that Sol Jones was not an NBA caliber while they sweared that BB WALDON was. Funny. Mattis has a chance.