Sounds like RMC will have new life...

The Sheriff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I think FSU lost to them two seasons ago when Texas A&M CC was in their first year at DIV I. It was an embarrassment to the FSU program because Coach Hamilton thought they had a NCAA caliber team that year which he was wrong.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flsportsfan83

• Velcro

• Joe

• Cubanbull

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Joe,

Do you think we'll make the big east tourney at least?  Do we have a chance of being in the top 12 of the big east?

If you think we can at least get that hurdle and go to MSG, then you should accept the NIT idea too, because whoever gets to MSG, will likely get an NIT bid too. (Not a lock, but still likely)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think this team has the potential to get to MSG. However, being honest, we haven't played a team worth a **** yet. We SHOULD be at least 7-1.

What I have a problem with is the fact that people are predicting BE and NIT when we've beaten 1 team with a winning record and our opponents are a combined 24-50.

I don't think we've seen anything close to a good team yet. Buffalo, outside shot at the NIT. Richmond, I am very familar with the A-10 and they will struggle to finish in the top 1/2 of that conference.

We have a stretch with some formitable opponents coming up

- UNLV - They will be an NIT team with an outside shot at the NCAA

- Missouri State - Probably the best team we'll see in the non conference.

- UAB - Probably NIT team.

- Wake Forest - Gonna be a rough year for them, but they are an ACC opponent.

We get through that looking pretty and I will be a lil more optimistic about our chances at MSG or the NIT. For now, I will celebrate our wins, and leave it at that.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I think this team has the potential to get to MSG. However, being honest, we haven't played a team worth a **** yet. We SHOULD be at least 7-1.

What I have a problem with is the fact that people are predicting BE and NIT when we've beaten 1 team with a winning record and our opponents are a combined 24-50.

I don't think we've seen anything close to a good team yet. Buffalo, outside shot at the NIT. Richmond, I am very familar with the A-10 and they will struggle to finish in the top 1/2 of that conference.

We have a stretch with some formitable opponents coming up

- UNLV - They will be an NIT team with an outside shot at the NCAA

- Missouri State - Probably the best team we'll see in the non conference.

- UAB - Probably NIT team.

- Wake Forest - Gonna be a rough year for them, but they are an ACC opponent.

We get through that looking pretty and I will be a lil more optimistic about our chances at MSG or the NIT. For now, I will celebrate our wins, and leave it at that.

However, if Howard returns and is up to form and Verdejo and Gransberry continue to improve I think MSG will be a very real prospect.  One lucky thing CRM has going on his side is this is a down year for the BE relatively speaking.  Last year there was about five teams we had a snowballs chance in hell of beating- Nova, Pitt, Uconn, Georgetown (go figure), and WVU- those teams were stacked, deep, and full of seniors.  This year Pitt looks like it, maybe Uconn the rest have been beaten early and often by inferior opponents.   Gtown losing to Old Dominion, UL losing to Umass and Dayton, Rutgers losing to Jackson St., Bradley, and Miami of Ohio, Cinci losing to Wofford.

The point is the BE is a bit down this year compared to last season.  Depaul is just as likely this year to lose to NW St, as they are to beat KU.  This season USF should be able to pick up 6 wins in the BE just by virtue of playing Rutgers, Seton Hall, Providence, and others.  My point is if Verdejo, Gransberry, and Howard are as good as spoken about then this team has a real chance with their BE schedule, to win 6 games.   Or rather, to satisfy the darksiders, I think 6 should be the target and a MSG visit as a standard for CRM's job.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

and a side note... those 5 teams (6 games) that we had a snowballs chance in hell of beating...

We beat one, and took 3 (WVU - last 20 seconds, UConn - they put us out of reach with 2 -3 minutes left, Nova - buzzer beater try for win)of them deep into the final 5 minutes of the game before our lack of depth killed us.

Now we have some depth, so I can't wait to see what happens.  We could very well struggle, but i think we'll find our w's.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

The thing that is impressive about Gransberry and Verdejo's production isn't just the points, and effort against an inferior opponent.  But rather the fact Gransberry scored 24pts in 23 minutes- that's amazingly efficient, and he also took 5 charges- a big guy like him taking 5 charges demonstrates a good knowledge of the game.  And Zeus, he scored his 20pts in 25 minutes with 3 assists, and both their shooting percentage was excellent, 8-12 for Gransberry and 8-13 for Verdejo.  

I don't care who you're playing to be that efficient and demonstrate an ability to do the little things like take charges, steals, and not foul out.  That illustrates how talented these two guys could be, it'd be one thing if a guy like Verdejo got 20pts in 35 minutes on something like 9-21 shooting, but to do it efficiently it demonstrates a confident scorer, a person that creates opportunity.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

I agree that the BE is down from last year, but I feel we are too.  i know trip will call me a "dickhead" for saying so but we lost Solomon (who if you have noticed is getting more and more burn on the Hawks). I hope the transfers are good and work out but they arent nba talent.  Maybe we can make the BE tourney this year, probably not, but the fact is why is this what we are shooting for and then calling ourselves "realist".  you think mac hasnt had enough time to get us to a measely conference tourney or the NIT?  Why do we have to look and find wins, why cant we be expected to win?  Why do we join a basketball conference to be good at football and not even attempt  to compete in bball?  Why does noone go to the games?  Why do our opponents and their fans show us no respect?  I know I'm beating a dead horse but we need to earn resect from the country and then we can get recruits and fans to show up.  Bottom line.  All faith is lost in the head honcho.  Please beat texas coprus crispy cream community college and expect to do so .