When is somebody a Bull or no longer a Bull?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

(I'm talking about fans, not athletes.)

1) Does transferring to another instituion revoke your Bulls' membership?

I absolutely feel that if you did not graduate from USF and in the middle of your studies you decide to transfer, and then attend and cheer for another program: You are out!

Graduate work and graduate-transfers, that's a tough one.

One degree from USF makes you a Bull for life, I feel.

2) Can people have dual-loyalties (or more)?

I think it's okay. But when USF plays 'the other team', there's only one team --USF!

3) Can someone be a part-time Bull?

I suppose so, but I have no love for these people. Why? You just know that deep down when 'their team' plays USF, they are going to support the other team.

4) That brings up an important point: Does one have to attend or graduate from USF to be a Bull?

Absolutely not! In fact, I really like these folks who chose to join the Bulls nation on their own.

It's the defectors that make my blood boil!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

1) Does transferring to another instituion revoke your Bulls' membership?

Absolutely...If you transfer to another school say Tennessee...You are a Vol not a Bull

Graduate work and graduate-transfers: I think yes you are a partial Bull.  Support the school you go here now.

I believe if you have your undergraduate degree you are a Bull for life. If you are going for a gradute degree only then you are a partial Bull.  Support your school.  But if you graduated from Auburn you are a Tiger not a Bull

2) Can people have dual-loyalties (or more)?

Sure...Before Bulls football I supported Alabama football, but once USF had football my FULL support had to go to my Alma Mater.  When USF played Bama...I pulled for USF.

3) Can someone be a part-time Bull?

Sure...You can be a Bull supporter...I would not call it a part time Bull though.

4) That brings up an important point: Does one have to attend or graduate from USF to be a Bull?

This is where we differ.  Yes you do.  If you attend USF you are a Bull...give them your full support.  If you graduate from USF then you are a Bull for life.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

You are a BULL when you bleed the Green and Gold ...

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

One of my biggest pet peeves are the Bulls that are only Bulls 'cuz of graduating from USF.  USF grads who have Gator or FSU vanity license plates ie one of my neighbors really burns me up.  Greatest guy but it really goes to show you a lot of USF's grads are not in tune w/USF athletics/FB.  There are a lot of Tampa Bay residents that grew up here as UF, UM, or FSU fans.  Or they only pay attention to the Bucs.  These grads went to HCC or SPJC and finished their degree at USF.  They still have these fan affiliations.  These are the same people that do not realize the Bulls have been playing FB at the same level of UF, UM & FSU for 3 yrs.

This is not that extraordinary either 'cuz I live with one of them  2 doors down from my house and work with one of them.  It disgusts me sometimes since I might be just a tad too passionate abouts USF athletics.  Wake up morons.  See the big picture.

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

I have a USF plate on my SUV...my wife's car and each auto has an USF ALUM plate on the front of the car.

I have USF stickers on the back of my SUV and my wife's car.  If you are a graduate of USF don't put a gayturd tag on your car or a criminole tag.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I have a USF plate on my SUV...my wife's car and each auto has an USF ALUM plate on the front of the car.

I have USF stickers on the back of my SUV and my wife's car.  If you are a graduate of USF don't put a gayturd tag on your car or a criminole tag.  

Know more than one set of families that do.  Personally, I have a FL USF tag on the family car, a 2001 Camry.  Have a USF license plate on the front of our secondary car.  It's not nice enuff for a FL USF tag  :(.  A grad shouldn't be driving it maybe a student but not a grad.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Another test to see if you are a bull is after your son or daughter leaves a sports program.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Fan=Fanatic. Definition: Websters= One moved by enthusiasm. "Fan" derivitive-slang. Bulls fan+ Bulls fanatic. Once a Bull always should be a Bull. If you support as a "fan" should, no others comes into play. If so, you are a Spectator, not a fan. BULLS FOREVER  the rest just sucks!!!!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a "gatekeeper" to decide whether or not you're a Bulls fan.

Should I learn the secret handshake? What about the secret decoder ring? Where can I pick one up?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Markey, No secrets, just fact. You see, it's like living in Chicago. When I grew up it was either you were a Cubs fan or a White Sox fan. NEVER both. If you go into Chicago it is still that way today. Same as here. You can be a spectator and root for as many teams as you wish. Often showing some enthusiasm to that team, But a fan is one who lives and dies by their team. One who is depressed when they lose, and one who is ecstatic when they win. They make the team a priority in their life. This is a fan. It is total commitment to their team.  Hope it helps. If anyone thinks I am full of sheeeaaaat, hey maybe you are right. But can you come up with anything better? Sorry folks for the rant... been a tough evening for me!   Reaper