Tickets Sold, 4,400

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What if everyone bought just one more ticket and donated it to charity or students within the next week.  That would probably put us over the 6200 purchased last year.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cubanbull

• USFMikeB

• USF03

• HaulingBull Sucks

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Hate to agree with HBryan but tis true.  What I don't understand is we have had a team for ten years.  That would be 10 graduating classes.  Where the hell are these people ?  What does USF graduate a year 4-5 K or more ?  If even one in ten bought season tickets we should be filling our place up by now.  I don't have the age range of the season ticket holders but it would be interesting to see.  I know in my section most have not graduated in the last ten years.  So I guess I am moving to the conclusion that even with a decade of football the last ten years of USF graduates are pretty sorry.

i bullieve usf has done little and still does little to lure graduating students to become bball or football season tix holders

usf is just NOT taking advantage of the opportunities in front of them

with the new marketing guy i hope EVERY graduating student gets a season tix package offer with their diploma

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i bullieve the saturday game less than 10hrs drive is great

working stiffs can drive there and back the same day

you can keep the trip down to one day

this was my wife's christmas gift to me

and my gift to two usf students

go bulls!

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I agree about contacting graduates.  For instance I graduate in May.  I would like to see a letter/postcard from the alumni association and in it/attached to it, a form about usf season tickets.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Lets face it, "little work" has been done by athletics to get out the word.  They COULD do better.

Student concerns, for some reason, are left up to student government to push for or run all the time.  I don't see a big effort from anyone to get students to games.*

***I must say, they did help more this year, buying the 500 student tickets and student affairs did help with the 100 or so studet travel packages.

As much as I love Student Government, being an offical myself, we ARE still students.  We do some good programing and planning, but a little more help from sports marketing, etc wouldn't hurt here.

What I do not understand is why athletics doesnt buy out like 2000, not 500,  tickets for students to go?  I BET you students are willing to do it, c'mon... a good road trip?  A cheap hotel OR the car?  Nothing better! I hear students talk about road trips for less (hmm... closest white castle in Tenn?).

I'm not saying we would have 5000 students lined up outside the first day of "sales," but it's better than PAYING for UNSOLD tickets!  What are they worried about, "ohh USF GAVE AWAY too many tickets!!"  Who cares, we would have more butts in the seats AND it gives students an option.

BTW:  Not that I want to back KL up, but I doubt he is wrong.  I bet you the 4400 includes all the free stuff (students, give aways, and band = ~ 1500)  The band fills more seats than we have members (needing extra room and all, so we will get anywhere from 300 to 500 seats).  Our gift to the number game.

Do you guys just think athletics has money floating around, growing on trees? I wear the same cheerleading uniform to games 2 and 3 times in a week!

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

It is all about effective communication.  It is something that the both the Alumni Association and Athletics are working on.  Believe it or not, I still run into people that don't know we have a football program.  Getting the message out is an ongoing thing.  

Case in point, I was at Target in Orange City last night, which is just north of Orlando.  The person was getting into their car with a Bulls FL tag on it and I said "GO BULLS" - the guy just looked at me with a questioned look.  When WE HAVE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION, the guy will start shouting "GO BULLS" back.

Just a small example.

I live in Debary...I have a USF flag, tag, and magnet. Make sure you yell something to me if you see it!  ;) I'll give a proper response.

Bulls fans yell at me when I'm driving in uniform...oh yeah, maybe that's why then! lol

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Do you guys just think athletics has money floating around, growing on trees? I wear the same cheerleading uniform to games 2 and 3 times in a week!

I'm in the band... lets not talk about uniforms!  At least you have a unifrom without holes, tears, and with a NEW logo!!!!!

They have to pay for the tickets they were allotted, bought or not.  What I am saying is they should just "buy" more of them and give them to students, not "pay" for them and not use them.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Honestly, I don't think reaching out to the students will do much.  If a graduating student wants season tickets they will get it.  I'm getting my season tickets as soon as the spring semester start.  Sending postage to all graduating students letting them know about season tickets would be a waste of money.  What person doesn't know that they can buy season tickets to the USF events?

Ticket wise--I think 500 was enough.  Not only that, but many alumni donated even more.  If they didn't get a free ticket they could have gotten one...$30 is not going to make a student not go to a bowl game.

Now I do think that more should have been done to advertise the bowl game.  Maybe put some ads on TV and on the Oracle (I didn't see any).  The biggest reason why sales have been disappointing is because, like many others have said, we're young.  It takes time.