What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Hummell2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

I know Greg talked to some people, but I had a friend talk to someone who handles the sell of tickets and he said of last Friday we were closing in on 5,000. I also know we were selling a 1,000 a day for the first 3 days..are you telling me in a week we sold less than a 1,000 more?

I agree r to the izzo, when I talked with them last thursday they said they would be at 4,000 by the end of the day and were doing 1,000 per day.  I think that there is some sandbagging happening but if that happens to help us sell more tickets and get more people there, because fans are worried about our bowl attendance perception, then all is good.  Much like recruiting, I'm willing to wait until the final tally.

You thought 1,000 tickets a day would continue?  People jumped on it quickly just like we had.  It's normal to slow down to only a couple hundred a day after that initial rush.  People have already decided they are going or not.  I'd say most of the sales now for both schools will be donations only.

Astute observation there purple Pirate....which part of Joisey are you living in?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Triple B

• HaulingBull Sucks

• USFan

I know Greg talked to some people, but I had a friend talk to someone who handles the sell of tickets and he said of last Friday we were closing in on 5,000. I also know we were selling a 1,000 a day for the first 3 days..are you telling me in a week we sold less than a 1,000 more?

I agree r to the izzo, [highlight]when I talked with them last thursday they said they would be at 4,000 by the end of the day [/highlight]and were doing 1,000 per day.  I think that there is some sandbagging happening but if that happens to help us sell more tickets and get more people there, because fans are worried about our bowl attendance perception, then all is good.  Much like recruiting, I'm willing to wait until the final tally.

usf2004

Redshirt Freshman

St. Pete Times USF

writer

Re: What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Reply #2 - [highlight]Yesterday at 7:47pm[/highlight] Quote

[highlight]I talked with Jim Louk today, and he told me he expected USF to pass the 4,000 tickets sold mark sometime today.[/highlight] Still ahead of the pace set last year for Charlotte ...

Yesterday (Tuesday) is Thursday plus 5 days...so either your source or Jim Louk were talking out of their A$$.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

KL's bag is he has Program Envy of gigantic proportions ...

Program envy, is that anything like penis envy? :D

I think in his case its even worse. LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

I agree r to the izzo, [highlight]when I talked with them last thursday they said they would be at 4,000 by the end of the day [/highlight]and were doing 1,000 per day.  I think that there is some sandbagging happening but if that happens to help us sell more tickets and get more people there, because fans are worried about our bowl attendance perception, then all is good.  Much like recruiting, I'm willing to wait until the final tally.

usf2004

Redshirt Freshman

St. Pete Times USF

writer

Re: What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Reply #2 - [highlight]Yesterday at 7:47pm[/highlight] Quote

[highlight]I talked with Jim Louk today, and he told me he expected USF to pass the 4,000 tickets sold mark sometime today.[/highlight] Still ahead of the pace set last year for Charlotte ...

Yesterday (Tuesday) is Thursday plus 5 days...so either your source or Jim Louk were talking out of their A$$.

Good Lord, why is this crap so compelling to some?? Why do you care if someone is or isn't talking out of their butt pertaining to this? We ultimately sell however many tickets we sell and hope to build on it next year...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

KL's bag is he has Program Envy of gigantic proportions ...

Program envy, is that anything like penis envy? :D

I think in his case its even worse. LOL

I disagree .... at least, UCF has a program.  ;)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

You went to ECU and chose to live in Jersey. Your opinion doesnt matter cause your clearly retarded.

Hmmm, more cheap "smack".  Not sure where you are going with this.  Next you'll make dumbass comments like "What exit?" or "Do you know Tony Soprano?" or "Ever been to the Baba-Bing?".  I love living in New Jersey.  I'm been here for more than 20 years excluding the 4 years at ECU but I came home during the summers.  All of NJ isn't what you think it is.  It is known as "The Garden State".

And Hauling, I live 15 minutes from Philadelphia.

You went to ECU and chose to live in Jersey. Your opinion doesnt matter cause your clearly retarded.

Hmmm, more cheap "smack".  Not sure where you are going with this.  Next you'll make dumbass comments like "What exit?" or "Do you know Tony Soprano?" or "Ever been to the Baba-Bing?".  I love living in New Jersey.  I'm been here for more than 20 years excluding the 4 years at ECU but I came home during the summers.  All of NJ isn't what you think it is.  It is known as "The Garden State".

Next they'll be telling you there's nothing to do there....I haven't been in that neck of the woods (Cherry Hill) in years, but as I recall it's a very nice area.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

SID should issue the following:

"USF was allocated 10,000 tickets to the papajohns.com bowl.  We sold "X".  As a university we are disappointed that our fans did not buy more tickets.  Doug Woolard, Coach Leavitt, Rod Smith, our current/former/future players, all share in this disappintment.  We could have sold more but: 1. We are only 10 years old; 2. Our ticket base is stagnant; 3. the **** game was 2 days before Christmas; and, 4. in freaking Birmingham.  

All prior estimates of tickets sold/distributed/given away was just us talking out of our butts.  From now on, if USF goes to a bowl we will respond to all questions of how many tickets were sold with a simple statement saying 'more than 1 but less than the allotment.'

We hope the X fans going to the bowl have a good time.  Merry Christmas and as always Go Bulls."

SID should issue the following:

"USF was allocated 10,000 tickets to the papajohns.com bowl.  We sold "X".  As a university we are disappointed that our fans did not buy more tickets.  Doug Woolard, Coach Leavitt, Rod Smith, our current/former/future players, all share in this disappintment.  We could have sold more but: 1. We are only 10 years old; 2. Our ticket base is stagnant; 3. the **** game was 2 days before Christmas; and, 4. in freaking Birmingham.  

All prior estimates of tickets sold/distributed/given away was just us talking out of our butts.  From now on, if USF goes to a bowl we will respond to all questions of how many tickets were sold with a simple statement saying 'more than 1 but less than the allotment.'

We hope the X fans going to the bowl have a good time.  Merry Christmas and as always Go Bulls."

The crossed out sections could be viewed as poor excuses and point 4. would open the AD to some very negative attention in the media.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Hey thats all the ECU purple butt pirates have done since you got on this board (other than upperdeck). Your the "garden state" and the armpit of america at the same time. I'm pretty sure the people in the Hamptons hae a fund that send all of the rejects from NY into NJ.