What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Hummell2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

KL's bag is he has Program Envy of gigantic proportions ...

Program envy, is that anything like penis envy? :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Triple B

• HaulingBull Sucks

• USFan

Guest JulmisteForPrez
How many player's families have purchased tickets?

Ponton had a large family group at the Louisville.

"Shut up band!"

Hauling, where were you sitting in Louisville?  We were there right near where the "Shut Up Band!" guy was screaming and holding up his signs.

Section 103, in the first row above the stairwell down to the field....next to the only guy in the stadium wearing a blue Kentucky Wildcat jacket and hat. ;D   "Shut up band" guy was standing just to the right of us in the isle between 102 and 103....USF should fly him to Birmingham ;)

You were right near us then.  I was sitting next to this doofus UL fan who had a smart comment after every play about how much we sucked.  He must have told my wife Johnny Unitas is a UL alum 50 times.  I think we were right behind you.

Off to my rear-left was the drunk idiot who kept shouting profanities and racially-based slurs at the "Shut Up Band!" guy.  That guy was one of the biggest jerks I have ever seen at a sporting event, and I've seen a lot of 'em.  A perfect argument for why alcohol should not be sold at college football games.

Anyhow, HaulingBull, we were probably directly behind you.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

I think the average fan in KY, that did not go to either school, treats both programs like pro teams.  Just like in Tampa, when the Bucs got good, a lot of Dolphin fans (and people who were fans of other teams) converted to Bucs fans.  That's what I mean by that.

Well from my experience, I have to say you are mistaken. That's not say there aren't any people like that but,  I believe you uderestimate the fan loyalty of the Wildcats and the Cards...it runs very deep even among those who didn't attend either school.  I've seen it up close and personal.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

I know Greg talked to some people, but I had a friend talk to someone who handles the sell of tickets and he said of last Friday we were closing in on 5,000. I also know we were selling a 1,000 a day for the first 3 days..are you telling me in a week we sold less than a 1,000 more?

• Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

I think the average fan in KY, that did not go to either school, treats both programs like pro teams.  Just like in Tampa, when the Bucs got good, a lot of Dolphin fans (and people who were fans of other teams) converted to Bucs fans.  That's what I mean by that.

Well from my experience, I have to say you are mistaken. That's not say there aren't any people like that but,  I believe you uderestimate the fan loyalty of the Wildcats and the Cards...it runs very deep even among those who didn't attend either school.  I've seen it up close and personal.

Maybe you're right.  I had a good friend from KY growing up and he and his parents had hats and shirts from both schools.  More of a loyalty to the schools in the state than any particular school.  But I can't argue with you since you were up close and personal.  Being able to split a state down the middle for a fan base has advantages.  As opposed to splitting FL 4 ways, not to mention all the transplants here that are still loyal to their northern school.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I know Greg talked to some people, but I had a friend talk to someone who handles the sell of tickets and he said of last Friday we were closing in on 5,000. I also know we were selling a 1,000 a day for the first 3 days..are you telling me in a week we sold less than a 1,000 more?

I agree r to the izzo, when I talked with them last thursday they said they would be at 4,000 by the end of the day and were doing 1,000 per day.  I think that there is some sandbagging happening but if that happens to help us sell more tickets and get more people there, because fans are worried about our bowl attendance perception, then all is good.  Much like recruiting, I'm willing to wait until the final tally.

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I would think the three biggest days of ticket sales would be the first three days tickets were available.  Everyone on this board pretty much bought tickets on those days.  So there would be a sag in tickets sales for any days afterwards.  I'm hoping for 6500 plus, but this year is a tougher sell then last year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

3.  I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

Thanks.

[smiley=loser.gif]

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I agree r to the izzo, when I talked with them last thursday they said they would be at 4,000 by the end of the day and were doing 1,000 per day.  I think that there is some sandbagging happening but if that happens to help us sell more tickets and get more people there, because fans are worried about our bowl attendance perception, then all is good.  Much like recruiting, I'm willing to wait until the final tally.

You thought 1,000 tickets a day would continue?  People jumped on it quickly just like we had.  It's normal to slow down to only a couple hundred a day after that initial rush.  People have already decided they are going or not.  I'd say most of the sales now for both schools will be donations only.