What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Hummell2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I don't agree totally with that.  I think more fans in the Tampa area will be out next year due to who we play.  Sure West Virginia and Louisville will bring some fans, but you can't tell me that other fans in the area wouldn't want to come watch that game if given the chance.  Especially over a game like FAU.  Our home schedule is very good next year, so we'll see a big bump in season tickets as well as individual home games.  I knew we'd struggle a bit this year due to the schedule.  It takes time to build a football fanbase in this state.  Geez look at UCF, how long have they been playing football?

yeah, having UL and WVU at home the same year seems like it's going to make tickets sales good every other year.  oh, and that UCF game is at home too next year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Triple B

• HaulingBull Sucks

• USFan

• Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

L'ville has a huge advantage.  They've had a huge basketball following that are now on the football bandwagon.  They are also the best football team in the state of KY.  There is a lot to be said for that.  They have a state on their back.  No pro sports, etc.

KL prays we never get big bowl consideration.  We are only 10, the program will grow, the base will grow.  Everyone wants instant gratification, but give it time.

KL wishes UCF had our problems.  A giant that sleeps for 25+ years is either dead or not a giant.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

Update from another Big East Team's tickets sales so far for their Bowl Game:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061213/SPORTS02/612130566/1002/SPORTS&GID=KXsPOPW1zaAA5x4EfqhL5IMBNvti9jCdX93A26Ssqt4%3D

No wonder they are expanding their Stadium to 63,000 plus.

PS. Bowl Attendance is important..but so is REGULAR season attendance...and I don't think USF will get big bowl consideration when they can't even get 25,000 fans on average to their HOME GAMES let alone Bowl Games. (Plus, as proven last year, and will be proven next year, USF's Home Attendance ONLY goes up with VISITING teams bring tons of fans...that stigma doesn't help USF's "bowl case" either).

[smiley=loser.gif]

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

How many player's families have purchased tickets?

Ponton had a large family group at the Louisville.

"Shut up band!"

Hauling, where were you sitting in Louisville?  We were there right near where the "Shut Up Band!" guy was screaming and holding up his signs.

Section 103, in the first row above the stairwell down to the field....next to the only guy in the stadium wearing a blue Kentucky Wildcat jacket and hat. ;D   "Shut up band" guy was standing just to the right of us in the isle between 102 and 103....USF should fly him to Birmingham ;)

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

doesn't matter that its SATURDAY, but it is the DAY BEFORE the holidays and many, myself included have to TRAVEL to family functions.  i can assure you if it was not on 12/23, i'd be there this year.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat.  I would LOVE to go to the game (I had a great time last year.), but family/Holiday commitments make it impossible.

It's a real bummer.  I was hoping for a program like last year's "Buy a signed ticket" deal, but I haven't heard of one.

Are they doing anything like that this year??

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

L'ville has a huge advantage.  They've had a huge basketball following that are now on the football bandwagon.  1.  They are also the best football team in the state of KY.  There is a lot to be said for that.  They have a state on their back.  No pro sports, etc.

KL prays we never get big bowl consideration.  We are only 10, the program will grow, the base will grow.  2.  Everyone wants instant gratification, but give it time.

3. KL wishes UCF had our problems.  A giant that sleeps for 25+ years is either dead or not a giant.

1.  That doesn't mean that people quit being Kentucky Wildcat fans and   become Cardinal backers.

2.  You sound like Tom Veit ;)

3.  I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I tell you what KL as the BIGGEST hard on for our attendance numbers of anyone i have ever heard of. He is on all the boards etc mentioning our "actual" attendance on any subject that remotedly involves tickets.

Must be boring NOT going to a Bowl and  seeing USF heading to one.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

KL's bag is he has Program Envy of gigantic proportions ...

• Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  3,714

1.  That doesn't mean that people quit being Kentucky Wildcat fans and   become Cardinal backers.

2.  You sound like Tom Veit ;)

3.  I don't know what KL's bag is, however I will give him his due and say that he is right on the money about many things here.

I think the average fan in KY, that did not go to either school, treats both programs like pro teams.  Just like in Tampa, when the Bucs got good, a lot of Dolphin fans (and people who were fans of other teams) converted to Bucs fans.  That's what I mean by that.  

I'm not sure what KL's motive is either.  I would never spend anytime on another school's message board and/or care what their season ticket base is or if they will ever get bowl game consideration.  It just seems funny coming from a guy whose program that is looking up at our program.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Thanks.