What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Hummell2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

I talked with Jim Louk today, and he told me he expected USF to pass the 4,000 tickets sold mark sometime today. Still ahead of the pace set last year for Charlotte ...

This is so FREAKING SAD!  I do not how this news is encouraging? I think I may be a bit high with my 5000 prediction.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Triple B

• HaulingBull Sucks

• USFan

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

we better start selling bowl tickets...... Otherwise we will never see the Gator Bowl.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I talked with Jim Louk today, and he told me he expected USF to pass the 4,000 tickets sold mark sometime today. Still ahead of the pace set last year for Charlotte ...

This is so FREAKING SAD!  I do not how this news is encouraging? I think I may be a bit high with my 5000 prediction.

Well, it's not great, but he says we are ahead of last year's pace, and last year we sold 6,200.  So I hope we top 6,200, if we keep the pace we had last year.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,265
  • Days Won:  29

we better start selling bowl tickets...... Otherwise we will never see the Gator Bowl.

I was thinking this same thing earlier today.

We could very well be in position every year for the [sponser][/sponsor]Gator Bowl ...  :o

I really think our bowl attendance will step up as our game attendance does.

THANK YOU for those going !

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It might be more than last year's pace, but we had technically 8 extra days to sell tix (I don't know when B-Ham wants their tickets back and when Charlotte took our tickets back)

Further this game is cutting it close to Christmas, I am not sure how many are going to veer from their plans at this time.

Finally, it's been said that about 1000 of last year's tickets were the autograph offer, I haven't heard of that offer available this year.

My guess is that we'll get a lil more than 5,000. However, you never know. Eric did say he exepected to pass last years sales. Guess we'll find out.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You think that we would have a tough time selling tickets for a game in Jax, when the opponent could potentially be FSU? Having the game on New Year's Day is certainly a bit better than 12/23.

Still plenty of time for the number to go up. If people can't make the trip, then they can still purchase tickets that can be donated to charity, or the students.

It's terrible this year. I get off of work at 5 (still have a full day) Friday, flights out that night were in the $500 range. Saturday midmorning I got a ticket for $370, unfortunatly I wasn't thinking about the possible bowl game when I booked them. Sucks.

But yes, it is hard. If you don't think it is I think you're SEVERELY underestimating how bad the traffic will be on the Christmas Eve driving home. It will be a good 9-10 hour drive that day.

Oh, and don't forget to add an hour driving east -- if you leave at 4:00pm (Birmingham time) on the 23rd add 10 hour trip plus the hour changing time zones -- and you'll be home around 3:00am (Tampa time).

Well, it's not great, but he says we are ahead of last year's pace, and last year we sold 6,200.  So I hope we top 6,200, if we keep the pace we had last year.  

The only thing I have to question is the word "pace".  Now that the priority periods have passed, it might be technically comparable -- they order in which tickets were sold was technically different and I wonder if that might have something to do with being ahead.

You think that we would have a tough time selling tickets for a game in Jax, when the opponent could potentially be FSU? Having the game on New Year's Day is certainly a bit better than 12/23.

Still plenty of time for the number to go up. If people can't make the trip, then they can still purchase tickets that can be donated to charity, or the students.

It doesn't matter what we think we'll sell. The Gator Bowl will see 5-6,000 tix sold and take another Big East team or use the Big 12 option.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't matter what we think we'll sell. The Gator Bowl will see 5-6,000 tix sold and take another Big East team or use the Big 12 option.

i dont think the gator bowl people are that clueless.  they KNOW that USF would draw ATLEAST twice as much to the gator as we would to the pizza bowl.

just taking into consideration....date, distance, and team that we would play.

add another year of big east national media and our fanbase will grow by another 4-5 thousand.

Twice as much isn't good enough, the GB wants 15-20+ fans. Anything less kills the bowl game.