What are the USF Ticket Sales Looking Like?

Hummell2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

TBBull, I really appreciate the ride offer!

Unfortunately, I live in Troy, Ohio and have a flight booked for home for Christmas the next morning (which I had changed to get home in time for the game).

Like I said, most of you get to see your family whenever you want. Since moving here last January I've seen my parents for a grand total of 7 days. This date is just too much of an inconvience to other things in my life.

If I lived in Florida and had an opportunity to see my family a lot more I'd be more than willing to pull the all nighter and make it down. But as it stands now, going to the game would seriously just be too much of a strain on me.

a) Cost me a bundle to change the flight

B) Cost me a lot of family time.

I knew I'd be in trouble with the B-Ham or International Bowls because the dates wouldn't work for me (Its my turn for Saturday shift on Jan 6).  It's just the reality of the being a lowly office worker.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Triple B

• HaulingBull Sucks

• USFan

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

You went to ECU and chose to live in Jersey. Your opinion doesnt matter cause your clearly retarded.

Hmmm, more cheap "smack".  Not sure where you are going with this.  Next you'll make dumbass comments like "What exit?" or "Do you know Tony Soprano?" or "Ever been to the Baba-Bing?".  I love living in New Jersey.  I'm been here for more than 20 years excluding the 4 years at ECU but I came home during the summers.  All of NJ isn't what you think it is.  It is known as "The Garden State".

And Hauling, I live 15 minutes from Philadelphia.

Hey thats all the ECU purple butt pirates have done since you got on this board (other than upperdeck). Your the "garden state" and the armpit of america at the same time. I'm pretty sure the people in the Hamptons hae a fund that send all of the rejects from NY into NJ.

Even though JerseyPirate and I are going to be cheering on opposite sides of the ball on Dec. 23, being born and raised in NJ (23yrs) I have to stick up for him on this topic.

Did you know PA has more toxic wastelands than NJ (Source: Foster Wheeler Environmental, Inc.)

Did you know that NJ is the international home of the B&B at Belmar, NJ; not to mention the neighbors Cape May or Sandy Hook?

Did you know that NJ is home to the area's several top Ivy League schools; namely Princeton?

Did you know that NJ is the HQ for the US Equestrian team?

Did you know that NJ produces the sweetest yellow corn and plump red tomatoes?

Did you know that most of NJ is NOT urban (Immediate Philly and NYC areas), but rather suburbia and rural areas (rest of state)?

And yes, I have been to the Bada-Bing...It is actually called Satin Dolls located in Lodi, NJ off of Rt.17.

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Several top Ivy League schools?  Several??  Princeton and ???????  What is the other one?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

A couple who are saying just go are still students (USFan, Randy). It's very hard because I don't get to see my family all that much, I've been home twice this year for weekends and probably won't be back to see them until August.

I know many can drop it and go and thats fine your lifestyle allows you to do that.

However, I have my family, my fiance's family, and my friends all in Orlando and I am alloted the 23-Jan 1 to see them.

Unfortunately the timing of this particular bowl game does not allow me to just pick up go to the game and then get home quickly to be at my grandparents for Christmas Eve (they do it every year). Further the costs would be through the roof.

I bought a ticket, however making it happen would put just too much of a strain on my finances, my time spent with my family, and making it home for Christmas Eve at my grandparents. I gotta put that first.

Yes, I am still a student... but a student in NC.  My gf of 4 years is up here with me.  We are flying to Tampa on the 20th.  My family (from Ft. Lauderdale) is driving up to Tampa (where my gf's family is from) and driving to B'Ham on the 22nd.  We'll be back in Tampa on Xmas eve.  We'll be staying in Tampa until the 27th... fly to Ft. Lauderdale on the 27th to visit my family and fly back on January 2nd to start work/school.

How? We planned for the bowl.  The BE does not have bowl games on the 24th nor on the 25th.  PERFECT!

As long as you save for a "bowl game" budget and you plan early... then you'll be fine.  All of this on a teachers(gf)/students(me) salary.

Next year Joe… now you know.  :)

wow...you tell the people on this board more about your plans than your friends who are going with you on the trip...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Back on topic, we are still at <5,000.  I just bought my tickets a minute ago and that's what they told me.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Several top Ivy League schools?  Several??  Princeton and ???????  What is the other one?

Sorry got carried away....Fixed that factoid in my original post; which was my original intention.

AND!?! how could I forget.....

NJ IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

Don't you think if we where having great ticket sales the SID would be releasing that info.  I fear there won't be many except for us hardcore fans.-

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Of course the hardcore fans are going to be the ones purchasing the tickets.  Do you think that much has changed in a year's time from the Charlotte experience last year?  When all is said and done we'll be somewhere around the 6000 mark.  Eerily similar to last years numbers.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503

What are you trying to say Joe ?  Birmingham isn't a major tourist destination.  ;D

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

wow...you tell the people on this board more about your plans than your friends who are going with you on the trip...

I didn't know I had to tell my friends when I was heading to Ft.Lauderdale or when I was heading back to North Carolina...

The rest you know...  ::)