Jackie Chambers

Guest r_to_the_izzo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Jackie Chambers is a troubled kid who's had to deal with more crap in his life in the last 2 years than most around here.  He was in a high pressure situation... and maybe he didn't make the best choices, but cut the kid some slack already.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HOTMello2005

• twillybull

• E.T.

• fishinBULL

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Jackie Chambers is a troubled kid who's had to deal with more crap in his life in the last 2 years than most around here.  He was in a high pressure situation... and maybe he didn't make the best choices, but cut the kid some slack already.

You know, there's another side of that coin to, Twilly.  How many kids are given the opportunities someone like Jackie got?  He made decisions of his own accord that he himself KNEW would have consequences.  And part of those consequences are hearing a little flack.  Not evil, vindictive, hateful flack, no, no......but a comment here and there about the poor choices he made?  Yeah, that's to be expected.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Well you can also say Jackie earned those opportunities by busting his butt practicing and playing football instead of hanging in the streets or playing nintendo at home.

He earned his scholarship it wasnt just handed to him.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Not withstanding any personal issues that may have gone on the past two years, his performance in the classroom resorting to potential academic honesty violations doesn't put him in good graces with me.

This isn't second hand knowledge either.  I was a teaching assistant for one of his classes.

So, weed or no weed....He still made some bad choices even after bustin' his butt becoming an athlete worthy of a spot on a D1-A team in a BCS conference.

He's just gotta grow up.  Hopefully, he will look at being kicked off the team as an epiphany in his life and start making some right choices from here on out.

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I'm guessing its a blink.  I think its natural for the muscles in the face to relax (like opening your mouth) when you catch a ball.  Anyone thats played baseball can attest to that.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Well you can also say Jackie earned those opportunities by busting his butt practicing and playing football instead of hanging in the streets or playing nintendo at home.

He earned his scholarship it wasnt just handed to him.

What's your point?  We would all acknowledge there was at least some degree of hard work by Jackie Chambers to earn that scholarship.  Of course.

But that's not the issue under consderation here, is it?  We are talking about what he did once he was given something that was very valuable.  He squandered it, and showed a great lack of maturity.

What HOTmello tells us is very revealing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,265
  • Days Won:  29

The point is . . .

4get it. You don't/won't understand.

:P

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Mid-South, there are many kids that earn the opportunity Jackie got and lost it for some reason or another.  I guarantee most of them didn't have to deal with the same problems that Jackie did for over a year.  To Chambers credit, he didn't bolt at the first sign of trouble... he stuck it out.  In the long run it didn't work out for him, but he gave it more of a shot than a lot of people do.  Please, just let him go... no hard feelings... no ill will... maybe even say a prayer for the kid to get his life together.  

Instead your "other side" of the coin IS negative, hateful and vindictive comments.  Not fully succeeding at what he wanted to do is punishment enough.  Just leave the kid alone allready.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I just hope that current and future players understand that CJL and USF will not tolerate drug, team and university violations.  Also, your athletic ability and what you contribute to the team will not substitute for mitigation of punishment for whatever the infraction is.

I wish Jackie the best of luck in his future endevours.  I hope he is able to acknowledge what he did so that he is able to change his ways.

GO BULLS!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Mid-South, there are many kids that earn the opportunity Jackie got and lost it for some reason or another.  I guarantee most of them didn't have to deal with the same problems that Jackie did for over a year.  To Chambers credit, he didn't bolt at the first sign of trouble... he stuck it out.  In the long run it didn't work out for him, but he gave it more of a shot than a lot of people do.  Please, just let him go... no hard feelings... no ill will... maybe even say a prayer for the kid to get his life together.  

[highlight]Instead your "other side" of the coin IS negative, hateful and vindictive comments.[/highlight]  Not fully succeeding at what he wanted to do is punishment enough.  Just leave the kid alone allready.

Yeah, so I guess Coach Leavitt was hateful and vindictive when he cut Chambers loose, right?  

Please.

Actions have consequences.  And even while we have people that have outlooks similar to yours (i.e. circumstances negate responsibility), everyone reaches a point in life where they have to learn and can no longer deny.........ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

By the way, it's awfully negative, hateful, and vindictive of you " to call me "hateful, negative, and vindictive."  

::)