Pirates still buzzing about bowl matchup

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I love that they bring up beating NC State was a huge win. NC State was 3-9 this year, a much different team than we played.

Yeah, they somehow forget that NC State had three defensive players drafted in the first round this year...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• windbane

• Kyle76

• upperdeck

• USFMikeB

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

I love that they bring up beating NC State was a huge win. NC State was 3-9 this year, a much different team than we played.

Yeah, they somehow forget that NC State had three defensive players drafted in the first round this year...

You've got to love the spin from EZU.

Yup!  You staying at the team hotel?  We need to hoist another beer...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

You guys always talk about the years USF beat you as some of the worst years in your program's history.  You say you're better now.  So are we.  If we win what will the excuse be then?

The losses to USF have nothing to do with the next game...I really wish my ECU brethern would stfu about that ...Ive never made an excuse and wont if USF beats the hell out of us...Ill say the same thing I always say....We got beat by a better team today...Thats the only way Ive ever seen it...I hope that you can say the same if it doesnt turn out as you think....excuses are for losers

You seem like a decent guy, upperdeck.  If there are more realistic ECU fans like yourself online, send them this way.  The guys that keep coming in and posting links to ECU's decades old accomplishments are laughable at best, and can be rather foolish.

Actually Im real *****...Im just trying to be nice. :D...Ive been around ECU football for over 30 years...My dad dragged me games against teams like Davidson,VMI, William and Mary,...the list is endless...Im proud of where we are as both a football program and a University...We have pretty much always been somebodys redhead stepchild....In NC if you are not a Tarheel or Wolfpack fan...people think you dont exist...Im sure that its the same with you guys in Fla..with MU,FLAand FSU....Us ECU fans have a big chip on our shoulders and a major inferiority complex...I will be first to admit it...Give some of these guy a pass...Its all just pride for the Pirates that cause us to be so nutty at times

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Yeah I will be at the Sheraton. We definitely need to grab a cold one.

You are correct NCSU had a bad record...but they were not a bad team...thier 9 losses were by a combined 57 points..and they beat FSU and Boston College...Dont be fooled...they have plenty of talent...just no team decipline and poor coaching...It will be interesting to see what Tom Obrien (from BC) will do with them next year...we play them in our 2nd game at home....I expect they wll be very good.

Yeah I will be at the Sheraton. We definitely need to grab a cold one.

Jess and I will be arriving in late afternoon, and then we're going to Eats It's BBQ event.  My cell number hasn't changed, give me a ring...

Tank Tyler will go in the 1st 5 this year...along with Amanchuckwu in the 1st round easily.

Perhaps, but this year's team was very different from last year, MUCH weaker.