ECU has sold 7,000 tickets

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

We have taken thousands to bowl games before. Not sure why anyone should be ashamed to get out sold by us.

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1995/vp951230/12300487.htm

"East Carolina brought 25,000 fans to the Peach Bowl in 1992. At last year's Liberty Bowl, about 13,000 Pirates faithful traveled to Memphis to watch ECU."......Virginia Pilot

This touches on what JerseyPirate was getting at.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/12/05/bowl.rankings /2.html

"USF remains the one BCS-conference team people refuse to acknowledge is a BCS-conference team -- even after the Bulls beat Louisville and West Virginia.".....Sports Illistrated last week.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upperdeck

• USFMikeB

• HaulingBull Sucks

• JerseyPirate

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Jerseypirate, you either don't understand the explanation or don't care to.  Hard to determine which one.

It is indeed true we are in the Big East, but I would think you'd be one of the first to say that we're not really a BE team quite yet.  Five years ago we called Troy State a peer in everyway, now we're in the Big East and we're slowly growing into our skin.  As far as down turns I think USF has a good solid core group of fans, it's that next level we're now working to convert.  

We're a Big East school but we're growing into that from a fan standpoint.  It takes time and effort and it's not about 'turning this around' because there is nothing to turn around.  It's about getting the message out, making more people in our area aware of the product and program.  You might occasionally find a local who still thinks USF is a 1-AA program...we've just had a meteoric shot forward.

If you want a school to be concerned about in terms of football it is Cincinnati.  They've been playing for 100 years, just moved to the Big East, and have tons of new regional affiliations- WVU, Pitt, UL- yet their attendance for football is beyond pitiful.  It makes USF looked like a juggernaut.  That's a good going in the wrong direction.   USF is one that needs to harness our positives and slowly continue the upward progress.  It will come particularly if the product on the field continues to improve.

It will take time to build your fanbase...but it should happen quicker than most..USFs sitting in a really good situation...The only thing I can see that could cause you problems is when the enevitable down years occur...I will happen...It happens to everyone...Your hope is to build some real solid diehards that wont jump ship...ECU has been thru the same stuff over the years...2 steps forward ...1 step back...I think we are past that with Terry Holland as AD..but one never should get to comfortable.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Jersey Pirate is very likely a UCFer, since he refuses to discuss his own team's situation and instead attacks USF.  My posts had nothing to do with USF, and he automatically took a 180 and started attacking USF instead of addressing my main point.  Still hasn't addressed it.

For the record, there are tons of posts here lamenting our fan base.  So, why can't you admit that Greenville suck balls?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Jersey Pirate is very likely a UCFer, since he refuses to discuss his own team's situation and instead attacks USF.  My posts had nothing to do with USF, and he automatically took a 180 and started attacking USF instead of addressing my main point.  Still hasn't addressed it.

For the record, there are tons of posts here lamenting our fan base. [highlight] So, why can't you admit that Greenville suck balls?[/highlight]

they can't suck balls, o'leary's fat, whiny ass head's in the way.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53

For the record, there are tons of posts here lamenting our fan base.  So, why can't you admit that Greenville suck balls?

Greenville absolutely doesn't "suck balls" for college students. In fact it is often listed one of the most fun college towns. It's all about what people look for in college.  If you want to go to a small college town where everything revolves around the student and with a great nightlife for college students ECU is a great place. If you want to go to a large inner city commuter school USF is probably the place for you.  

http://sticksoffire.com/2006/11/13/school-of-last-resort/

As far as for the rest of the population that live in Greenville. Different strokes for different folks. Some people don't care for the hustle and bustle and traffic jams and other aggravating things that come with large cities and there is a great hospital in town, plenty of chain restaurants shopping, and  all the other stuff you get out in the burbs.  What you forget is Greenville is only 1 hour from Raleigh, and 1.5 hours from some nice beaches. If you want to go see the Rolling Stones or the Stanley cup champs you only have to drive an hour which isn't a big deal. This isn't like we are out in one of the square states in the west.  

Guest r_to_the_izzo

I'm sure Greenville up there in East North Carolina is a nice place. But seriously....Tampa is a port city, it has the famous Ybor City 2 seconds away, there are world reknowned beaches with spitting distance, you have 3 major sporting events in the Lightning, Bucs, and Rays. If you wanna talk 1.5 hours away, the Eastern division leading Magic are about an hour away, not to mention Disney, Universal, etc... Channelside drive, one of Americas largest aquariums, Busch Gardens and the currently only dive coaster in North America (until virgina gets one).

I'm sure Greenville is a nice city, probably alot like Louisville. But you just cant compare it to Tampa.

Do I think it is a redneck town? No. Alot of the people on this board are saying its in the sticks just to piss you guys off (and its working).

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Mike...Please...Im dissapointed in your claim the Greenville sucks balls...Im sure even you would enjoy Greenville....I hope you get a chance to visit someday..Make sure you stop at Parkers  for the best BBQ in NC.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Greenville is a college town. If were to to redo undergrad I'd consider it, it's a really cool place if your a student.

However, there is no denying its not the place to live if you want to be an economic center or anything.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Mike...Please...Im dissapointed in your claim the Greenville sucks balls...Im sure even you would enjoy Greenville....I hope you get a chance to visit someday..Make sure you stop at Parkers  for the best BBQ in NC.

Been there, speaking from experience.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

World renowned beaches within spitting distance from campus, Ybor 2 seconds away WTF are smoking?

Sure there are lot of things to do around USF, but it's not what I'd call a college town.

Attending USF and ECU  certainly are different experiences, but that does't make either one the best choice for everyone.  Different strokes for different folks.

Just curious, but how does Tampa being a port city make for a better college experience?