ECU has sold 7,000 tickets

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

[highlight]"College towns" are what little **** cities are called (ie Gainsville) that have nothing but the campus[/highlight], so the only way to survive is to bust out the Keg.

DING, DING, efin DING!  We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!

To each his own, but many, many people cherish their days spent in "college towns" like Ann Arbor, Gainesville, Oxford, Berkeley, Charlottesville, etc.  Nothing wrong with Tampa, but not everyone wants to go to college in a big city.  College towns have an atmosphere like no other.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upperdeck

• USFMikeB

• HaulingBull Sucks

• JerseyPirate

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

JP,

You're a UCF'er if you hit a nerve, which is pretty easy to do around here with the thin skinned set.

I've never been to Greenville, however I have been all over the backwoods of NC courtesy of the US Army...nice country, friendly people, great golf courses. I never ran out of places to go or things to do while I was there and more than enough cute coeds to pass the time with.

Talk about the ultimate contradictor....let me get this straight hualingwood, first you don't want to compare Tampa to NYC saying Tampa doesn't compare to big city living, and further then try to downplay the significance of some of the regional entertainment options.  Then in the next breath you talk about how much fun it is to go cow-tipping and run around the country in NC.

As you said, to each his own, but why did you even try to correct the USF fans that mentioned all the meaningful things to do in Tampa?  Particularly when in your next breath you say nice country, friendly people, and great golf courses as being the alluring features of Greenville...talk about a homogeneous description of Eastern NC....Duh, you could say that about any place in the country!  I'd say that if someone is looking for a metropolitan University then USF has everything in the world to offer, whereas conversely, country living ECU has that.  There is almost zero comparison, other than the fact the entire region of Eastern Carolina, Wilson, Tarboro, doesn't have a 10th of the things to do that the Tampa Bay Region has, which is impossible to argue...THAT IS, unless you want to say that country living, golfing, and nice people is a comparision, then that's purely subjective, and hardly mutually exclusive.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

We sure have been all over the place with this thread.

Let's just assume that all of us are happy with the choice we made and the school we either are going to, or graduated from.

Both schools offer their own unique advantages.

Now back our ticket sales.  We are around 5,800 right now.  7,000 would be the maximum I think at this point.  Most people have already made their plans and bought tickets.

How about you guys?  Any updates?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

"College towns" are what little **** cities are called (ie Gainsville) that have nothing but the campus, so the only way to survive is to bust out the Keg.

Wow...talk about being uneducated.

If one hasn't noticed...college towns are BOOMING with entrepreneurs, young retirees, young families, etc...because in many cases...these small "cities/towns" can offer up more entertainment, culture, sports, per person compared to larger cities...without the extra hassles (high taxes, traffic, crime, etc...).

Heck, even Gainesville, FL is now always ranked near the top of many "best places to live".

Some of y'all need to get out more...maybe the Tampa Traffic is blinding you.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Economic center...certainly not....Medical Center...getting there....ECUs med school is drawing great praise throughout the SE...Our heart center is the national leader in [highlight]nonevasive heart surgury [/highlight]using robotics....In fact my father had a valve replacement last April...One incision...1/2 inch long...out of the hospital in 3 days...totally amazed the hell out of me.

but you are correct....Greenville is 60k college town.

I think you mean [highlight]noninvasive surgery [/highlight]there sport.  Obviously you are no med school student and I can only assume that most of the med school students come from universities that teach better grammar than ECU, at least we would hope so.  We wouldn't want one of the many bipolar ECU students being given Librium when they should be getting Lithium, now would we?

P.S. Sorry to here about your father, I do hope he is doing fine.

Thanks for the spelling lesson....and Yes my father is fine and will be invading BMH wiith me on the 23.

8-)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

I would have to assume almost all heart surgery is [highlight]nonevasive[/highlight].  ;) I mean how would you like your doctor doing surgery on you when he's hiding under the operating table.

Ok...spelling lesson completed..Thanks...Maybe thats why I was on the 5 year college plan 8-)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Most major surgery is "nonevasive" at least not if you want to continue living.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

"College towns" are what little **** cities are called (ie Gainsville) that have nothing but the campus, so the only way to survive is to bust out the Keg.

Wow...talk about being uneducated.

If one hasn't noticed...college towns are BOOMING with entrepreneurs, young retirees, young families, etc...because in many cases...these small "cities/towns" can offer up more entertainment, culture, sports, per person compared to larger cities...without the extra hassles (high taxes, traffic, crime, etc...).

Heck, even Gainesville, FL is now always ranked near the top of many "best places to live".

Some of y'all need to get out more...maybe the Tampa Traffic is blinding you.

Uneducated is the UCF way of life. It's pretty funny your still over here running your faggot mouth even though your team still sucks balls. I wish I knew how it felt to be in the worst conference in college sports with the 2nd worst team.

Not to mention you live in the worst ******* city in America. Is o-town up to 10,000 murders yet?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Hey now! No rips on Orlando, some of us have lived there most of our lives and had generations off family grow up there.

Rip UCF, not Orlando.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Orlando is a P-I-T pit.  What's not phony is crime ridden.  I couldn't wait to high-tail it back to Tampa after we stomped the Gnats in their own house.