Rich Rod staying in WVU

Don Toro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No Problem Honkey, someone in the media is gonna be fired over this I'm sure. However, I think this could just be another one of those Steve Spurrier/Joe Paterno/Bobby Cremins situations, where he had a change aof heart.

All that matter now is that he's at WVU, and probably for as long as HE wants to be.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HaulingBull Sucks

• Joe

• aly20xx

• smazza

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

With a statement like that on a BULLboard you have to expect further inquiry. I respect that he may have personal reasons for not wanting to go to USF, but why wouldn't you just say he probably has personal reasons in the first place and not egg people on? Most would take a statement like that, in the context that it was made, as a slap in the face of the USF football program. Although it's your prerogitive, responding with a statement about it being your opinion and not needing to justify it is a slap in my face.

Slap in the face???  If that's what you think....here's what I think... you need to grow some thicker skin.   :-* :-*  

Yup alot of people here need to do that.  God forbid that someone doesn't think that things are all sunshine and rainbows at USF and that its not the best football program on the planet.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

great ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Content Count:  19,826
  • Days Won:  213

No Problem Honkey, someone in the media is gonna be fired over this I'm sure. However, I think this could just be another one of those Steve Spurrier/Joe Paterno/Bobby Cremins situations, where he had a change aof heart.

All that matter now is that he's at WVU, and probably for as long as HE wants to be.

you think someone from the media will be fired? for real?

it's not like the people who bought those newspaper will be asking for a refund. Dewey defeats Truman-- anyone fired? not sure but that would be a little more significant

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mike you're not familar with Bama fans are you?

Reporting Rich Rodriguez is 100% the next coach at Bama then having to retract is probably one of the worst things that could happen. I can only imagine the thousands of hate mails the Birmingham Newspaper has gotten in the last 24 hours. For Bama fans this was WORSE than Dewey defeats Truman.

• Topic Count:  610
  • Content Count:  17,109
  • Days Won:  46

Joe,

The media out of Bama has done this stuff before which is why I never will believe it when until I actually see it coming from them. I remember all the crazy false reports coming out of that area when Leavitt had talks with Mal Moore.  I checked out the Bama message boards only to see that most of the fans are calling Rich Rodriguez a no class liar which gave me a good laugh. If you look at it this way, Bama did this to themselves by being quick to fire a coach because the boosters run the program. You have said that Bama is one of the top jobs, but this top job comes with its downsides. I could never imagine Leavitt being told what to do by Bama boosters, and I think Rich is the same way. I believe most good coaches have big egos that never want to be controlled by the boosters. Now, Bama is going to have to settle on their fourth choice because of what they have created.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,141
  • Days Won:  172

smart move

he would fail miserably in alabama though he would make serious money

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,141
  • Days Won:  172

you think someone from the media will be fired? for real?

it's not like the people who bought those newspaper will be asking for a refund. Dewey defeats Truman-- anyone fired? not sure but that would be a little more significant

no one is getting fired over this