Pep rally?

dausfbulls11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Didnt I read the USF tailgate party was at the convention center? I'm guessing most people are going to be there, not at the pep rally 2 hours before the game.  Maybe we can work on something for Friday night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BullyPulpit

• BDYZR

• flipflop4900

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt I read the USF tailgate party was at the convention center? I'm guessing most people are going to be there, not at the pep rally 2 hours before the game.  Maybe we can work on something for Friday night.

For $50 per person? It will be a lot of the same crowd from the night before... the big donors, athletics staff, some family members, and other assorted Bulls fans.  It is probably a GREAT time --

But "most people" will be at the stadium... either the pep rally or tailgating on their own.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

OK help me out here.....where at the field is the pep rally going to be and where do we park to tailgate so that we are near the pep rally. Having the tailgate thing at another location is not good for some because we are leaving after the game to head home so I need my car with me at the field soooo I drink alot at the tailgate party drive to the field??  where is every body that is tailgating on there own going to be I hope close to the pep rally. Am I making this more confusing or is it??

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

maybe if noone shows up to their saturday morning pep rally then they'll realize they should've listened to us in the first place

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

maybe if noone shows up to their saturday morning pep rally then they'll realize they should've listed to us in the first place

And in the future we will be too good for their bowl game so who cares if they get pissed.

GO BULLS!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

This is what I cannot understand about the scheduling of the PEP Rally:

1. They are not going to generate any appreciable additional revenue; All dollars spent the morning of the game are likely to have been spent irrespective of the PEP Rally.

2. They are losing out on the experience that fans could have had and a chance to show off their nightlife in the downtown area.

3. The players and coaches will not be in attendance, greatly reducing the excitement surrounding the festivities.

The only logical conclusion that I can come to is that the Bowl Committee is hedging their bets with regards to the fan support for the teams involved and the liklihood of the fans coming out to a Friday night event. I cannot say that I agree in the slightest. Overall it looks like this bowl experience is going to pale in comparison to that of Charlotte, at least as far as the pre-bowl festivities are concerned.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

OK help me out here.....where at the field is the pep rally going to be and where do we park to tailgate so that we are near the pep rally. Having the tailgate thing at another location is not good for some because we are leaving after the game to head home so I need my car with me at the field soooo I drink alot at the tailgate party drive to the field??  where is every body that is tailgating on there own going to be I hope close to the pep rally. Am I making this more confusing or is it??

Are you aware of the Alabama statute which makes it mandantory for the father of the winning quarterback to buy everyone in the stadium the drink of their choice prior to leaving the stadium.  American Express..Don't leave home without it. :)

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

BullyPulpit, I think you are correct that the experience with Bham won't come close to Charlotte.

The Friday night festivities are:

1) $100.00 per person- Team hotel, dinner, open bar, a band....

2) Dreamland - $50.00 or so per family,dinner, open door, ribs, probably  

go to Five Points and create a pep rally.

3) Five Points - $????  Your decision. Here there are plenty of bars and

restaurants.  Wait for the pep rally.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I say we all get fat on BBQ, get trashed in 5-points, then crash the USF shindig.

**** it feels good to be a gangsta...  ;)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I was hoping there would be some kind of rally on Friday evening so that the team could come out on stage for a few minutes and enjoy the rallying of pep themselves.

That's what happened last year in Charlotte.

Coach Leavitt, DW, Judy, and 4 other players... including Andre.